The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• Jeffit_170
    Jeffit_170 Posts: 148 Member
    Good morning middle age *gulp* gang!

51 here. For you 30 somethings, you are still in your prime. For you 40 somethings, this is a GREAT decade! 50s... so far so good and still trying to improve.

If anyone wants an active friend, feel free to add me. Have a good one!
  • drollings2019
    drollings2019 Posts: 95 Member
    41 here, but feeling a lot older physically. I've put on a lot of weight the last few years, and my hips and back are feeling it. Time to get off this yo-yo cycle I've been on and get serious! I find a lot of support and motivation when I am active with these threads, you all are great! I'm ready to feel healthy again!!

@tinaBawesome I can't related directly to your getting sick, but I will add you as a friend for support. You got this!

@Jeffit_170 I love my 40's. I would just love them a lot more if I wasn't in pain from all the extra weight. I stand up and start walking and it takes a minute for my back to catch up with my legs :D

@Ytrid I agree! It is so much better when you have others encouraging you! That helped keep me motivated last time I was on. My family is supportive but not on the same journey as me, so it's nice to have others that understand.

Happy Friday everyone!
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Good morning.
    Have a wonderful Saturday.
  • georgiapch70
    georgiapch70 Posts: 11 Member
    Hi all! I’ve been using MFP off and on for years but I’m new to the community. I need friends and teammates to help keep me accountable! About me - I’m 50 and have recently made the attitude switch that this journey is less about losing weight (although that’s def a plus) more an attempt to make my body strong and gain energy/avoid injuries as I’m getting older. For me, this means daily exercise (not a few days a week like I’ve done in the past). Exercise goals include daily resistance/weight training and cardio. Also working the meal plan side of this with concentration on macros (not so good with those yet), calories, IF. Would love to meet new people with the same goals/mindset as I continue on! Thanks for reading!
  • drollings2019
    @georgiapch70 I too have been off and on for years, more off than on lately and I can feel it. Everything is starting to hurt! Not all my goals are the same as yours, but I am trying to work out daily. I am walking on by breaks at work and have a goal of at least 30 minutes of exercise per night. Right now I am shooting for Cardio on MWF, arms on Tuesday, Legs on Thursday, Core on Saturday and then either yoga or a good stretching exercise on Sundays. I am meal planning and prepping for the week, but I am not currently doing macros. It stresses me out when I try to make sure everything fits perfectly and then I give up to easy. Right now, I am just trying to make sure i fit within my calorie goal. But I will add you and encourage you along your journey!
  • catsandtea111
    catsandtea111 Posts: 31 Member
    Hi All! 39 year old lady who is acknowledging the middle age after pulling a muscle recently after a mild tai chi inspired 15min cardio routine 😹 would love to connect with more folks, after re-joining MFP a week ago!
  • georgiapch70
    @georgiapch70 I too have been off and on for years, more off than on lately and I can feel it. Everything is starting to hurt! Not all my goals are the same as yours, but I am trying to work out daily. I am walking on by breaks at work and have a goal of at least 30 minutes of exercise per night. Right now I am shooting for Cardio on MWF, arms on Tuesday, Legs on Thursday, Core on Saturday and then either yoga or a good stretching exercise on Sundays. I am meal planning and prepping for the week, but I am not currently doing macros. It stresses me out when I try to make sure everything fits perfectly and then I give up to easy. Right now, I am just trying to make sure i fit within my calorie goal. But I will add you and encourage you along your journey!

I feel your pain…pun intended!! You are an organized inspiration! I wish I was there. I’m still at the “what time will I get my workout in today?” stage. I’ve yet to get a good routine going. You’re doing a great job and you should be super proud!
  • georgiapch70
    Hi All! 39 year old lady who is acknowledging the middle age after pulling a muscle recently after a mild tai chi inspired 15min cardio routine 😹 would love to connect with more folks, after re-joining MFP a week ago!

This cracked me up! Sorry about your muscle!
  • RaevsReality
    RaevsReality Posts: 31 Member
    Hey all,

39 yr old geeky gaming gal here, looking for more active friends. Feel free to add me!
  • Fattleass
    Fattleass Posts: 223 Member
    Been here for a bit but just had Gastric surgery and sure could use some more friends
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,581 Member
    Morning peeps!
  • Senor75
    Senor75 Posts: 29 Member
    Good morning everyone
    Softball at the age of 45 and never had played before on a league can be hurtful to ones body.
    Can't wait for next Tuesday game. 🤦‍♂️
  • Iron_Muscle_
    Iron_Muscle_ Posts: 5,095 Member
    GM everyone
  • LucyMarks1752
    LucyMarks1752 Posts: 3 Member
    50 and rejoining after 5 years. Lost 85 lbs in 2016-2017 and have regained 75 of it. Having a hard time getting back at it mentally so needing some connections to focus and help rewire my food = comfort attitude. 🙂

Thanks!
  • drollings2019
    @LucyMarks1752 I lost weight about the same time period and also gained it all back. I was so motivated then and have struggled since getting mentally back in that place. My life has changed a lot since then too. I'm taking small steps with my changes, but I am already feeling so much better!
  • MNPisces
    MNPisces Posts: 18 Member
    I'm 51 and needing to lose about 100 lbs. Please feel free to add me. 😊
  • aguilarrumikoac01
    aguilarrumikoac01 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi 👋🙃