Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    This is like my safe space to say some absurd *kitten* 😂

I wouldn't know anything about that....
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,416 Member
    qzeks5u3m6qx.jpeg
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Feeling good. Working all weekend, but thankful to have a great job. I'm enjoying posting sporadic thoughts and things on here semi-anonymously. I've drastically reduced my online presence and time and it's been great. It's nice to see the hardcore regulars still on here and doing their thing. You've always been kind and entertaining.

Self awareness and reality awareness are two amazing things to have and I'm glad I'm leaning that way much more now. You see some of the craziness and pettiness much differently when you're not a part of it and I'm pretty embarrassed for some things and how I reacted to them. But, that's life and you learn from it.

Im glad to see you here, and that you're in a better place 🤗

Annnd I will fight you for your crush 😄
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    I feel like I’ve made friends at work and after next week we’ll never talk again. Anytime I try to stay in contact with ex coworkers it just fizzles out. Like, bye, I have a real life that you don’t fit into. 👋🏻 Might like your memes on fb for the next 5 years idk.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,039 Member
    I feel like I’ve made friends at work and after next week we’ll never talk again. Anytime I try to stay in contact with ex coworkers it just fizzles out. Like, bye, I have a real life that you don’t fit into. 👋🏻 Might like your memes on fb for the next 5 years idk.

I think most are like this - work friends and real life friends rarely intermix it seems - and if your work friends are getting their memes from fb it’s prolly for the best - everyone knows the best memes come from Reddit Amirite??
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Feeling good. Working all weekend, but thankful to have a great job. I'm enjoying posting sporadic thoughts and things on here semi-anonymously. I've drastically reduced my online presence and time and it's been great. It's nice to see the hardcore regulars still on here and doing their thing. You've always been kind and entertaining.

Self awareness and reality awareness are two amazing things to have and I'm glad I'm leaning that way much more now. You see some of the craziness and pettiness much differently when you're not a part of it and I'm pretty embarrassed for some things and how I reacted to them. But, that's life and you learn from it.

(...tries extrapolating who this is...)

🤔 I have a theory but it'll have to wait til tomorrow's single cup of coffee; today's caffeine/brain fuel has already run out.
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member

My “friends” from work fit into three categories.

1) never were friends because we don’t stay in contact.

2) we’re friends who keep in contact because it’s a small field and we get each other billable work

3) they are true friends. We continue to communicate and travel to see each other. I’ve got 4 coming in from other states this weekend. They are the only true friends.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,039 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »

🤔 I have a theory but it'll have to wait til tomorrow's single cup of coffee; today's caffeine/brain fuel has already run out.

Pretty sure you could do this from the selfie thread rarely easily-
  • MaltedTea
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Pretty sure you could do this from the selfie thread rarely easily-

My one remaining (and now decaffeinated) neuron thanks you for this workaround as I rarely visit the multitude of selfie threads. So, my hunch was wrong but I'm still glad to see recognizable faces.
  • MaltedTea

Yeah, I'm in the selfie thread. I'm not hiding out, but I'm nobody well known anyway. Only a few people remember me.

Everyone on MFP is well known. And, if I'm not mistaken you were here with another handle around LAST summer (unless I've missed the 5th and/or 4th times you've been a charm) 😉 I recall pics in roofless cars.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

Yeah, I'm in the selfie thread. I'm not hiding out, but I'm nobody well known anyway. Only a few people remember me.

I remember you, I damn sure do.

I hope you're doing well and have a good weekend.
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    A post I can’t seem to find from last year that I wanted to repost saying thanks to our hero’s.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    Why do Adam and Eve have belly buttons?
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    Why do Adam and Eve have belly buttons?

How do you know that they did?