WaistAways-July Chat 2021

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
    Happy Thursday and Canada Day!

The team continues on a beautiful green wave today. This will help us support the people with kids who are running after them, somehow fitting in some exercise, and understandably munching on chips and trying hard to keep it together! A small gain is totally understandable. Switching chips for cukes and tomatoes with salt is a great idea! May your fibre be high, your hydration cooling, and your children make you smile. You've got this @KellyBgetsfit and @marsipan :smiley:

Our heat wave has broken here as well. What a relief! I am excited to go this afternoon to hear the Orford String Quartet's dress rehearsal for a concert they are doing tomorrow night. The rehearsal will be for a very small group at one of my friend's house - I will get to see a few people I have not seen since before the pandemic, and hear some fabulous music. Followed by wine and cheese - luckily I have to drive home so the wine will be limited.

I am joining you in the sore place @DD265 - re-starting more serious strength building as of yesterday, and glad it won't be so hot for my next session. It's a good pain, right? :sweat_smile: I'm also impressed by your recipe and meal planning organisation. It inspires me to pull my recipe collection together. Right now I have printed out copies, a collection on Evernote, some in Google docs, some just bookmarked. A mess. Next super rainy day. Promise.

OK - stuff and things to do! Have a good one, folks.
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    @ashleycarole86 great weigh in! Nice job!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    @jugar I'll be honest... the recipes are in Keep because my husband does most of the cooking and if they weren't somewhere obvious, he'd either not find them or pick the wrong one lol. It's a good incentive to stay on top of it though - same reasoning behind the meal plan. The main issue with it for us is that you can't view the recipe on a Google Hub - otherwise we'd have one in the kitchen and I think our system would be 'perfect'.

@KellyBgetsfit and @marsipan - you can do it! I weigh every day and some of the fluctuations are a bit silly, but I know if I'm up one day I'll likely be down the next as it's almost always water retention. Fingers crossed that's the case for you guys too :smile:
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 680 Member
    happy birthday Yinka! you look fab! ....and....a happy Canada day to all the folks up north!
  • jugar
    edited July 2021
    Happy Yinka Day! Canadians will have to change the name - yours is way more fun. You look fabulous :heart:

BTW - pushups for the win!! 3 sets of 5 is no small beans! Keep on getting strong!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 968 Member
    Happy Canada day to all the 🇨🇦 Canadians in our group!

@YinxFed You look amazing and happy birthday!

@Gidgitgoescrazy Welcome back! Glad you are back on the wagon and back with the team! Missed you😊

Hooray our heat wave broke too. So far calories are good but the plan is to have a late dinner so the trick is to not get carried away.

I did part of my work out and got 30 minutes of pilates. I was interrupted by my 6 year old who was very excited to show me a bird nest he found. Cleaned up all of my equipment and headed outside to see a pile of grass and sticks he piled on a branch of a bush to form a "nest". Not what I was expecting ha! Tried to just move around a lot today instead.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,089 Member
    @MandiSaysHey Thank you!!!! :)

@YinxFed Happy birthday! You bet that Canada Day is always the 1st... hope your supper and prosecco were amazing. Love the new hair!

Calgary's heat wave is not expected to break until Monday... I once again did a very early morning walk with our dog and then Brad and I managed a long bike ride.. probably the longest I've ever done in my life. We took lots of water, wore a ton of sunscreen, stopped off for a few breaks, and that made it enjoyable and manageable despite the heat. Helped to go well before the heat hit its peak too. Planning to take it very easy for the rest of the night as I am zonked.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,089 Member
    Thursday exercise -
    Steps: 9616
    Biking: 115 minutes at low to medium intensity
  • jugar
    @ashleycarole86
    That sounds like an amazing exercise day in the heat - you deserve all the zonk. You guys are an inspiration.

It is time for the Friday people reminder already! Here goes -
    @Pearl4686
    @conleywoods
    @happimess01
    @Steph1498
    @gak71 (I'm not sure if your trip has started - I'll go back and find your earlier post to check. If you're already gone, don't worry, you'll be excused until you're back!)

Overdue:
    @graceojo999
    @EvMakesChanges

Thanks!
  • MandiSaysHey
    @YinxFed love the hair and happy birthday!!
  • MandiSaysHey
    Steps for Thursday 7/1 8861
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    PW - 205.5 lbs
    CW - 206.1 lbs

Just some water fluctuation I assume, no biggie.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 680 Member
    New veggie in my salad today - Celtuce - a friend is growing it and gave me some. I had no idea what to do with it but raw and in a salad is what I saw when I googled it. If it's good, I'll give it a go in the garden next year.
    Happy Friday! - a 3 day weekend ahead for me and lots of home projects to tackle=steps
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Happy belated Yinka day! You are amazing, 3 sets of 5 push-ups is so hard! I want your dedication to exercise! The results are always so worthwhile. Maybe if I schedule the Epic workouts into my week I'll find a way to stick to it. For now my exercise is hauling 30kilo bags of rocks and cement mix to the backyard for various projects. Definitely exhausting.

I will be playing soccer on Monday night for the first time in years. I had to stop because my knees couldn't take the impact but now that I've lost the 50lbs, maybe they can handle it. Monday night is trial by fire! Wish me luck. (I will bring Advil and ice packs just in case) 😉
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    pw: 241.4
    cw: 240.9
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,043 Member
    Happy Friday - and thank you all so much for your birthday greetings. Yesterday was such a lovely day and I did exactly what I wanted to do all day. So I felt very spoilt and very blessed.

Today I will be going out on one of my practice walks - just an hour today. Last week I made the decision to just walk on pavement from now on, because the actual event that I'm training for in September is going to be walking on London streets and London bridges. Makes sense, right?

Tomorrow I will be starting my new job - my first shift! I will be working casually in my local museum café and I am really excited! A couple of days each week meeting and chatting to people is going to be so good for my soul. And because it's casual, I can still continue with my consultancy work at home. I'd like to squeeze in an Epic workout before I go, but I won't kill myself if I opt to spend that hour in bed!

@PlaneMonkey I think that hauling bags of rocks all day makes you plenty strong 💪

Enjoy your day, Friends.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Friday weigh-in
    CW 86.3 kg

I know I have been absent for a while now, but life got in the way. I finally submitted my last paper for the training I'm on and if I pass, I have 1 more year to go. It has been a stressful year...
    Diet and excersize have taken a complete back seat, hence the regular gains :'( . I'm hoping to break the cycle this month and get my head back in the game before the new academic year starts and all hell breaks loose.
    Have a great weekend everyone <3
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 538 Member
    @jugar CW 185
    Happy July 2nd!
    We're finally seeing some much needed rain and the temps are back to relative normal in the high 60s/low 70s. Ah. Much better!
    I've got some catching up on posts to do later this afternoon. I look forward to that.
This discussion has been closed.