Fat fasting

monaboone
monaboone Posts: 2 Member
Hello I'm new to this I would like help on how can I do a Fat Fasting for five days. What are the things I need to know to jump start. I know steak,hamburger eggs tuna,are high in healthy fat. Are there any good ideals on what I can combined these with like side dishes instead of just eating all meats

Replies

• tvm1970
    tvm1970 Posts: 161 Member
    edited July 2021
    TeaBea is spot on. You are not going to lose much real weight in 5 days. Is there a reason you are fat fasting rather than just fasting or eating at a deficit?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,394 Member
    edited July 2021
    If you're not already keto adapted you will lose glycogen which will make a big temporary impression on your scale... and will make no difference to the amount of stored fat you will also lose as compared to a similar deficit arrived at by other means.

but if you're not already keto adapted... fat fasting is not supposed to be for you since it is "suggested" for people who are keto adapted and want to break a plateau!

Have you ever reviewed your national dietary association's recommendations for healthy eating? If you search for "FAO" (the united nation's food and agriculture organization) and "food based dietary guidelines", you will find publications from most countries in the world.

Given how unlikely it would be for all these countries to co-ordinate their guidelines (well, except for guidelines with solid scientific support), I would hope that you would find at least one country that would suggest steaks and hamburgers as good sources of healthy fats. But I am fairly sure you won't! :wink:

In spite of (probably) not offering much support for your fat fast, the various guidelines may well be worth a read for you and your health! :smiley:
  • monaboone
    monaboone Posts: 2 Member
    I'm taking phentermine and my weight loss stop so I google and saw that fat fast would help. I have to loss 10 more pounds to have my weigh loss surgery.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,120 Member
    This is a calorie counting website, that doesn't advocate fad or quick-fix diets, because there are no quick fixes. If you eat in a calorie deficit, you will lose weight. Plug your stats info MFP and chose a reasonable deficit. It will give you the number of calories to eat to lose your chosen rate of loss.
  • MerryFit519
    MerryFit519 Posts: 43 Member
    Salmon and avocado are great healthy fat sources. :) (ps, look up "Intermittent Fasting", of which there are different styles. It may be easier/better rounded for boosting your progress) :) Best of luck on your last 10 pounds, and on your surgery!
  • MerryFit519
    edited July 2021
    Okay. I will leave my opinion on that out of this. Everyone does what is best for them and that is between them and their Doctor (however if you can lose weight to get in the program you can lose more to get to where you want to be. ooops sorry meant to leave my opinion out. BAD DEBBIE BAD BAD DEBBIE )

Yikes. Sorry, OP, that you asked a question and have had a lot of responses jumping to conclusions without knowing anything about you as a person, your history, medical history, knowledge, experiences etc. I'm sure it wasn't what you were hoping for with your very first post. :/

I do think there's a keto group here on MFP that may be more inclined to help answer your questions regarding fat fasting, or increasing fats in general as part of a weight loss strategy. Again, best of luck to you. :)

editing to add: I think this is the keto group link here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto
  • MerryFit519
    Okay. I will leave my opinion on that out of this. Everyone does what is best for them and that is between them and their Doctor (however if you can lose weight to get in the program you can lose more to get to where you want to be. ooops sorry meant to leave my opinion out. BAD DEBBIE BAD BAD DEBBIE )

Yikes. Sorry, OP, that you asked a question and have had a lot of responses jumping to conclusions without knowing anything about you as a person, your history, medical history, knowledge, experiences etc. I'm sure it wasn't what you were hoping for with your very first post. :/

I do think there's a keto group here on MFP that may be more inclined to help answer your questions regarding fat fasting, or increasing fats in general as part of a weight loss strategy. Again, best of luck to you. :)

editing to add: I think this is the keto group link here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto

OP doesn't appear to be interested in long-term keto dieting. OP wants to go low carb for five days in hopes of "making weight" for a weight-loss surgery program.

Totally understood. Her question was actually which other foods could help round out her choices (in addition to beef, eggs, etc) (she wasn't asking "should I do this" or for general nutritional advice, or to be told it was a 'horrible idea')

I pointed her to the keto group since part of keto is making sure you are getting enough of the right fats while in ketosis. (as evidenced by the replies she got, the 'general' message groups aren't the place to ask for tips/tricks on a specific plan like a fat fast (considered a "fad") , though the keto folks may better understand how to help both nutritionally carry out a fat fast safely/effectively