Pull-up 6x5r (30r)
    Dip 6x5r (30r)
    Cossack Squat 6x10r (60r)
    Jumprope 6x250 sk (1500sk)

Vacuums
    6x20s (2m)
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    A kickboxing workout I found on YouTube. Looking to slowly get back into running again.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2021
    @LaraeTX -- that's a great goal to have. I'm sure you'll be able to do it!

With yesterday being unexpectedly off, I found myself fresher than I planned to be. Was going to do 8 supersets lifting (legs, chest, shoulder sets) and then an easy row. Instead, I did the supersets and did a briskish 5K (around 2:23 pace or so, with a really hard last 500m push). Pushed the HR up to around 95% of max at the end.

I'm trying to figure out how to up the intensity in my legs without joining a gym. Thinking about a leg press machine or just getting a 36kg Kettlebell. The 24kg one is really feeling light these day, which is a nice sign of progress. I also use an assistance band on my pullups. Relying less and less on that and doing more of a true pullup now on sets as well. Nice to see some progress after a lot of hard work.

Garage felt super cool at 80 degrees today (really nice and cloudy here in Tucson today, which is refreshing when you're used to blazing hot sun for months).
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    * 7k rowing bow in the double, with some power pieces to see if we could catch up with Fran in my single (yeah, double should be faster, but she's like 21 y/o and a good rower - Div III cox until this past year's graduation; we're 65 and 74 in the double. We did finally catch up. 😉🙂)
    * 5.66mile walk, pretty slow at 3mph, gawking at stuff and taking photos.

Really nice day today here for outdoor exercise. Probably upper 60s during the row, with a little breeze (. . . that created some chop at the West end 😬 - I was fine but my double partner seemed stressed, and it was less than ideal for the 3 singles out with us). During the walk, maybe low 70s. Mostly sunny, occasional light clouds.

I'd been getting some HR results on walks that I thought were wrong (like supposedly Z4 when my pulse felt like a couple-ish bps at most, not even breathing hard at all). I need the chest belt with my Garmin for rowing (where HR results have been mostly plausible, oddly), but took it off for the walk. Much more plausible walking results today, and presumably as a consequence it gave me back 8 years of estimated fitness age, and one point increase in estimated VO2max. 😆 I think I need a new transmitter battery. Too bad that so far I can't get the screws out. 🙄 Weekend project!
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Started with a 1.5 mile hike with my beloved. Then gym where I set a PR (Personal Record) deadlift for this bodyweight of 385 lbs. Woo Hoo! Set of sumo deadlifts with 225 lbs. for 12 reps. Hack Squats 180 lb..x 12 x 3, then some lat work. Rounded it all out with 30 min. on the stationary bike. Home for some protein and rest. Then some gardening followed by an hour+ of pushing the lawnmower for additional cardio.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    Quick run b4 work
    a8yoc806b9rq.png
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 978 Member
    edited July 2021
    I went climbing. It was my third day in a row, which is a bit unwise. But it was a good session - 2 hours total.

My last route was a long term project. It was my third session where I attempted it. It took me about 6 goes this to me, but it eventually went. (The trick I had missed before was matching hands on some poor slopers, letting me feet swap and move the left foot to a small edge far on the left.)
  • AnnPT77
    edited July 2021
    Rowed just under 7k in bow of the double, in what I'd call nearly perfect rowing weather: Temps 60s F, overcast, only light wind.

Since it wasn't hot/sunny/humid, we did some intervals: 10 stroke harder, 10 stroke moderate. Gained 30-60" in pace with the added pressure on the harder strokes (average time per 500m is a standard rowing split).

Best was around 15-20 seconds slower instantaneous average pace than I saw yesterday with my regular - taller - double partner, but also different conditions, so comparisons are unfair.

Betting that will be it for formal exercise today, as (after rowing and farmers market) the holiday lured me into my favorite brewpub for lunch, with a mug of tasty citra-hopped IPA. That's usually more nap-inducing than exercise-inducing!

Happy 4th to the other USA-ians, best wishes to all others for a lovely weekend!
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    Day 4 of mbf core circuit amd walking
  • snacker127
    snacker127 Posts: 75 Member
    40 min Peloton spin, 5 min core.
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    edited July 2021
    1st commercial gym workout in a while. I've been using my garage gym except for bodyflow classes.

Treadmill 15 mins
    Stretching 10 mins
    Lat pulldowns 3x10 40lbs
    Seated Rows 3x10 60lbs
    Cable Tricep Extensions 3x10 60lbs
    Cable Bicep Curl 3x10 70lbs
    Deadlifts (167 lbs 😊 finally)
    Situps 25 + 20

Absolutely loved every minute of it!!

I am disappointed in my cable work and situps. I was well above 100lbs on cable work and doing over 40 situps each set before covid shutdown. Just another goal to add.

It's. ON!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Just a walk today after the drive home from vacation. We're heading back out tomorrow afternoon for another few days away, but I will join a few friends for a ride in the morning. Mapped out a 60 mile route that should be fun.

After this week, I'll start a focused ironman build. Twelve weeks to race day.
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    megemrj wrote: »
    1st commercial gym workout in a while. I've been using my garage gym except for bodyflow classes.

Treadmill 15 mins
    Stretching 10 mins
    Lat pulldowns 3x10 40lbs
    Seated Rows 3x10 60lbs
    Cable Tricep Extensions 3x10 60lbs
    Cable Bicep Curl 3x10 70lbs
    Deadlifts (167 lbs 😊 finally)
    Situps 25 + 20

Absolutely loved every minute of it!!

I am disappointed in my cable work and situps. I was well above 100lbs on cable work and doing over 40 situps each set before covid shutdown. Just another goal to add.

It's. ON!

Ouch! I'm feeling that great workout from yesterday. Rolled over this morning and thought dang why is my back hurting so far up (traps & lats)... Then remembered my workout yesterday.

It's a good hurt though😅
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Took an early ride this morning in cool conditions. It was an easy paced (Zone 2) 61 miler done in 3:49:00. (15.8mph)

During a porta potty stop, we met these two very patriotic runners, so my riding partner asked them to step in for a July 4th photo. :)

e91jlhz9yze9.jpg

• ckeith2021
    ckeith2021 Posts: 19 Member
    Chest day for me, with some abs, and 30 minutes of the elliptical.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited July 2021
    Around 75 minutes of easier cardio today. 10K on the rower (50 minutes) and then around 25 minutes more on the Assault Bike. All easy paced.
  • Xikaiden
    Xikaiden Posts: 37 Member
    2 1/2 hr walk this morning (before it temps got too hot)
    and after lunch these exercises routines below.
    1r8xlms5q4gl.jpg
    the heart comment is because the app only recorded the bpm for the first 3 rounds and everything else was blank
  • MikePfirrman
    edited July 2021
    Did 500m rows X 8 with lifting supersets in the 6 minutes I set for rest periods in between the rows.

It actually worked out well, with around 3 minutes of actual rest to bring down the HR. Avg times on the rowing around 2:01 or 2:02 (fell apart a bit toward the end as I ran out of juice). 88 degrees in the garage (even with my new cooler) and it's humid for AZ (our monsoon season is the only time we have humidity). Around 820 calories burned for the hour.

Got the HR up to around 84 or 85% max but not any higher. Muscle fatigue wouldn't allow the cardio to get any more intense. Nice interval set and glad that one of my two hard days is done already on Monday.
  • AnnPT77
    * Only 5.4km rowing bow in the quad.
    * 5.33mi walk, slow (3.1mph): By the end, it was 88 degrees F, around 50% humidity, "feels like" temperature of 93F. (Hot/humid during the row right beforehand, too.)

Shorter row than usual because we had a time-consuming adventure.

There've been storms lately, so some debris in the river. Today, I - who am responsible as the person steering - got the quad hung up on about a 40' submerged branch/tree (broken off at base so no roots, but big, maybe 8-10" in diameter at the thick end) that was submerged except for about a 6" small branch-stub sticking up that I missed seeing because of mild chop (plus the usual fact that we travel backwards). (That's roughly as long as the boat, BTW.) Somehow, I cleverly managed to approach it so that it got stuck crosswise between the skeg (a fixed fin thingie under the boat near the stern) and the deeper swell of the boat's hull further from stern.

Couldn't go over it in either direction (It was floating up under our hull at an angle), couldn't get it to move sideways (there was maybe 8' of it to our right, the other 30' or so to our left. We tried so. many. things. No dice. 😬🙄 Everything dragged it up/down-river, or clockwise/counterclockwise around the pivot point on our hull. About the only thing we hadn't tried was one of us getting into the water to wrangle the branch, which was probably up next.

Finally a nice fisherman named Josh in a small aluminum boat with a trolling motor came to our rescue, helped push it down and sideways out from under us. Bless him and all his descendants to be! We would've gotten out somehow, but we were very lucky he was there.

No damage to boat or rowers, but this was probably either the 2nd or 3rd worst thing that's happened to me in a rowing shell, in 18 years of regular rowing.
  • snacker127
    snacker127 Posts: 75 Member
    60 min total body Peloton bike bootcamp