Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Tracy - thanks for filling us in. It seems that all will go your way. Good for you.
    In the meantime, have a good trip to Ohio, and I will take your advice and enjoy my adventures.

Sweet dreams to everyone~~
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Good evening,

Hard to help people on new database when you dont have access to it. None of the people who have my position can see what these people are talking about. Slightly wacked.

Tomorrow is a sleep in day, hair cut day and run some errands day. Not a work day.

Missy, cats and dogs are heat seeking missles, except when it comes to a/c vents! Love the picture.

Keeping good thoughts for Tracey and Lynn.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2021
    qphsokjw3dne.jpeg
    *** June 30th ***

Goodness - it is the last day of June! Enjoy the long days everybody ☀️

Time to pack up the car.

Y'all have a great day today. 🌴Cabana Boys have a mid-week happy hour later this afternoon for all you working folk.🌺 Sara and I will be lounging in the shade....🏝

Lana

263.6 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning - just.

Hair cut and trip to Target to get another sleep wrist guard.

Warm but not hot (yet). Have 3 day weekend for July4th which is appreciated.

Lana do you have a list to check things off to pack in the car? I am hearing New England's heat wave gets better tomorrow. Thank you for holding me a lounge chair.

Knitting/reading and probably napping for rest of day. Almost half done on steps.

Wishing all a good day - stay safe and sane out there.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    THURSDAY

Good evening,

Lana is traveling - and I keep a different schedule so here we are.

Week of utter confusion at work and my boss got hung up on by a caller. She was actually pretty rude to someone this morning, so I figure goes around comes around. I locked myself out of my database and was in the middle of a phone call and ended up I could not help her until I got back into the system - so I failed her. You know how its Taco Tuesday?? Think Ice Cream Friday.

Beautiful weather here and it is supposed to continue for the 3 day weekend we get (and will earn by then).

• LanaCabana537
    edited July 2021
    6634lbhdu111.jpeg
    *** July 2nd ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - What a less-than-great trip it was to get up to NYC. The main route on this coast for north-south travel is I-95, and yesterday there was stop and go and stop and go heavy traffic. Yesterday especially, it took twice as long as it normally would to drive the trip. My right hip and leg are achy. An angel must have been looking out for me--I never rear-ended anyone, and no one hit me.

I slept like a rock last night.

No, I didn't have a list for this trip, and if i did have one, it wouldn't have saved me from my one huge fail: I left my NYC apartment keys in NC!
    I normally have them on a lanyard, looped permanently onto the small carry on I fly with. Well I had to use my older, slightly larger suitcase for his trip, and the keys never crossed my geriatric mind--not until I got to New Jersey.

Thank heavens for the matriarchal little old lady Mary in the front apartment. She buzzed me into the building, and she has a key to my apartment. Whew.

Scale is tracking the cr@p I'm eating. How handy 😖

Sara - It is definitely Ice Cream Friday for you! 🍧🍦🍨🍧

Lana

266.4 today
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    edited July 2021
    Hello from Cincinnati!

Yesterday was a loooooooooooong day. Left home at 2 am central time and arrived in Cincy 11:30 eastern time. For those of you keeping score, that's eight and a half hours to make a six hour drive. We've done worse time.

Meetings were good. Except the other 6 people from my Lodge didn't come to the opening session last night. Made me mad until I realized it was the only "free" night for them to socialize. They are much more into that part than I am. . . Always.

Got back to our hotel room at 10:30 pm. Whew!

Two more days of meetings to go!

Tracy in Cincinatti (temporarily)
  • LanaCabana537

Tracy - I think that there's more people than ever traveling this weekend for the holiday - it's the "pent-up demand".

Have a great time!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Warm here.

Lana I am glad you were able to get into your apt. Seems like everyone is on the road.

Tracy hope the rest of your stay averages out to fabulous.

Self eval for work - we only had 4 questions to answer and I look forward to seeing how my boss will belittle me. Her karma not mine.

Nap now Ice cream later.

• LanaCabana537
    edited July 2021
    9vtikpp3dzyu.jpeg
    *** July 3 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - Enjoy your weekend and get plenty of rest 🤗

The next two mornings, I will be waking up at my cousin's house, so I may not remember/be able to check in here.

Waving to everyone who stops by later on 👋🏻

Lana

264.2 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Late good evening,

Almost 100 here and stayed inside most of the day.

Fireworks (not legal ones) and starting again.

Making it an early evening.

Lana hope you are having a great time.

Wishing all a great night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537

Sunday, The Fourth of July 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Happy Holiday everyone!

Sara - Stay cool and safe my dear 💖

Everyone have a lovely holiday~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Wore what red/white/blue I could for church and so did many people. Temps are mid 90's so that is kind.

Streaming online and sleeping has been most of my day. Very grateful I have tomorrow off as well as I need the rest.

Those having a holiday- safe beautiful fireworks and good food!!!

• LanaCabana537
    vuavqy20hvpr.jpeg
    *** July 5th ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - how cool that you wore your red, white, and blue!

Time for me to get ready and drive from my cousin's house to my next stop up in Vermont. It's a pretty, sunny day here.
    Everyone enjoy their day.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    8fvbjo9pup8s.jpeg
    *** July 6th ***

Good morning all~~

Just getting us started.

It is raining in middle Vermont. I hope that you all have a good day today.

Lana

no scale
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello!
    Back at the grind of work. What a horrid prospect last night. But I am here. Did have an enjoyable week camping. At one point or another we had my entire family together - brothers, sisters, kids, etc. It was great to see them all.
    Still gimping around on crutches. less than two weeks now until Dr. appt....which I am hoping for really good news!
    Waves to all! Good luck to all of the travelers.
    ~Lynn
  • LanaCabana537

Lynn - So glad that you had the entire family together. What a great thing to be able to do!

I am curious - you are gimping around for at least another 2 weeks, but how do you feel? Is there any discomfort?
    Will you be doing physical therapy soon, or have you been doing it already? I can't remember.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Late here, but day at work was just yucky and I came home and passed out. I have tomorrow off. We are trying to help people with no training and no support info wise. Luckily most of the callers are patient and that helps.

Temps here are nice - 108-110 by weekend - not so much.

Trying to get my step quota in today will keep me up later than usual but oh well.

Rain?? Lana I forgot what that is. Glad your travels are going well. Lynn keep up the good work with the crutches. I would be a comedy movie with those and I am not kidding.

• LanaCabana537
    edited July 2021
    wskd40mqucks.jpeg
    *** July 7 ***

Sara - Yikes about the high temps coming. Keep as cool indoors as you can.... Ice pack on the back of the neck~
    I applaud you for getting in any steps!

Today James and I drive farther up in Vermont to see our friend/college classmate Monica (from Wyoming), who is visiting her niece up there. Gotta grab these opportunities when they arise.

Waves to all who stop by later on 👋🏻

Lana

no scale, living in Carb Land
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    063wy7qb9fw5.png

Good morning, all!

Lynn, hope your pain is decreasing each day.

Sara, it's always tough when the training and backup for newbies is not there. Happens a lot.

Still recovering from Convention Exhaustion. Pretty sure that will take a while. However, the weather in Cincinnati could not have been better for us. I don't think it got above 80 the whole time we were there. Which is good since we had to walk several blocks from the hotel to the Convention Center at least 2-3 times each day.

Had Audit meeting last night, then I swung by the Depot to wait for play practice to end so I could say "hi" to a couple of friends. Stayed later than I should have, but I'm looking forward to theatre returning to the Depot. The director questioned why I had not tried out and I just answered "The Moose." He and I will get into all the reasons the next time I run into him at the grocery. After practice is not the time.

My "interview" is tomorrow at 10. I have a meeting with my current boss and the COO to clarify and define the duties of the new position to be sure I am the right fit for the job. Fingers crossed!!

District Meeting this weekend in Brownsville (about a 45 minute drive from my house). Trip to Sam's Club after, then rest on Sunday, I hope.

Make the best choices you can in your situation.

Tracy in Tennessee