WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,500 Member
    +++++
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,746 Member
    Kelly … sweet words … thank you. I like the unfiltered photo the best! You are beautiful!

Today we hope to finish opening the pool … getting the pump and filter running. I set a hose in last night to start replacing water and asked my husband to turn it off before he came to bed. He forgot. Now we’ll be pumping water out. 🤦‍♀️

Have a great day.
    Beth near Buffalo
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Is my age catching up with me? First week back on and only lost .6 pounds. A week of carefully logging and weighing everything leaves me discouraged. I admit that I did go "off" a little bit here and there - a cupcake on two different days not really logged, etc. But still - can that undo 7 days?? I guess it's time to enter half of my exercise calories instead of all of them. Last time I did this I entered all exercise calories for the first 3-4 months.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,809 Member
    Is my age catching up with me? First week back on and only lost .6 pounds. A week of carefully logging and weighing everything leaves me discouraged. I admit that I did go "off" a little bit here and there - a cupcake on two different days not really logged, etc. But still - can that undo 7 days?? I guess it's time to enter half of my exercise calories instead of all of them. Last time I did this I entered all exercise calories for the first 3-4 months.

Losing about that each week is good. You wouldn't want to lose much more that that. And it's especially good for the first week. It takes me a couple weeks before I start losing anything.

Keep up the good work!

M in Oz
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    😊💙🌞
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I watched the Fourth of July fireworks from the comfort of our deck. They were shot off from Sand Island, across from us. It was the first time for many years. Our sweet dog was terrified of them so we went camping instead of watching fireworks.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,500 Member
    =======
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Heather- just watched that YouTube video,very inspiring and alot to think about.. but for sure i know im doing the right thing vy distancing myself from Jean
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,429 Member
    Penny beautiful photo! This house?
    0xadbnphq84s.png
    💖Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    KJ, you are stunning!!!!!! Just gorgeous!
    💖Rebecca
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    edited July 2021
    Allie - She is my new fave inspiring person! I thought the mummy bear was also something to think about. <3 I am learning a lot.

The cleaning person is coming to see the house on Thursday and will do her first clean next Monday. That's her only slot. I would have preferred Fridays, as prep for guests, but it'll be just fine, I'm sure. We have guests weekend 17th, but others come on weekdays.

Watched a Spanish film I had recorded. Nice when DH is away! >:)

Flea - - My thoughts are with you. <3 If the wig is a bit bulky a hairdresser can layer it back a bit.

DH back in a minute. Gloopy risotto for him. ;) I'm sure he will appreciate it!

Heavy rain and wind tonight.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    I don't mind the container ships but its because we had them off the coast of Hammond, and cruise ships too, stopping in Astoria. In this pic is the crazy outline of Whidbey island, the yellow circle is where Oak Harbor is, where we live. There's one whining article about a guy complaining that lives in Freeland WA, a southern city on Whidbey. So the ships must pass Coupeville, and Freeland as they go thru down towards Seattle and Tacoma. We don't hear them. Yay!
    usrsoe58ohkx.png
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    WA
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,780 Member
    Michele--The shifts I work are 12-10 or 8. I do have an evening shift that is 6 hours.

Flea--Sending prayers and hugs. A positive a attitude makes a big difference. <3

Barbie--My dog would of said shaking and trying to crawl into my mama (me). I am so glad the fireworks are over. They went until after 1 this morning and I had to get up at 430, so short night for all of us.
    Carol--Sounds terrible and that they would not make sure you had what you needed is worse. Pray the next one goes so much better. When out to our DGD's last evening for a cookout and fireworks. Several of our grandchildren went together and bought over $2000 in fireworks. I kept my mouth shut as not my money and they all work. But what a waste. We gave home before they lit the big ones as I had to get up at 430. Should of stayed because neighbors kept me awake until late. Short night.

Sharon--Good to see you back, missed you.

Tracey--Thanks for the smile, and at this point I will take about anyone.

RV Rita--What fun! B)

Beth--Happy b-lated birthday. Hugs I know thoughts of my son come when I least expect and some days are harder than others.

KJ--Love the pictures. Very lovely

Allie--Great start on the walking. I believe you are doing the right thing putting space between you and Jean. Whatever her problems are you desever better.

Blessings from HOT Nebraska, Vicki GRAND ISLAND <3