WaistAways-July Chat 2021

Replies

• DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    PW: 79.7
    CW: 79

That feels like a good start to the week. I have a 4 day weekend starting on Friday so I think this week might drag a bit. Weights this evening, chicken fajitas for dinner, and I need to spend a bit of time in the garden as I let my tomato plants run riot and need to rectify that situation.

I bought some jigsaws from the charity shop yesterday, and I haven't started the one I bought when we went on our break, so I'm planning to work on my WIP one - it's a tricky 1000 piece, so it will take a while to finish - then I can pick up another. I began doing jigsaws during lockdown 1 last year when I was sick of spending all my time behind a screen, but we didn't have many other options. I find it to be quite a calming activity, though sometimes I get frustrated when I'm struggling to find a piece! :#
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 680 Member
    It was a bit of a disaster weekend here, eating wise. Pulling it together TODAY!
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    That sounds like an amazing day @ashleycarole86
  • once_mas
    once_mas Posts: 160 Member
    edited July 2021
    i was more active than this but I did not carry a watch/phone with me so these are the data that I have for last week:

sunday 11'184 steps
    monday 484 steps
    tuesday 2'373 steps
    wednesday 1'398 steps + 1.41km bike (11km/h)
    Thursday 3'050 steps

friday 2'709 steps + 9.68km bike (14.12km/h)+ 10.35km bike (11.01km/h)+ 4.67km bike (12km/h)

Saturday 129 steps
    sunday 102 steps
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 270 Member
    CW: 224.4
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
    once_mas wrote: »
    i was more active than this but I did not carry a watch/phone with me so these are the data that I have for last week:

sunday 11'184 steps
    monday 484 steps
    tuesday 2'373 steps
    Thursday 3'050 steps

friday 2'709 steps + 9.68km bike (14.12km/h)+ 10.35km bike (11.01km/h)+ 4.67km bike (12km/h)

Saturday 129 steps
    sunday 102 steps

Thanks Masoumeh! When you put in your biking, could you give me the time rather than the distance? That would be a lot easier. The speed is good to have as well, but it is by the number of minutes that I record it. Thanks!
  • jugar
    I'm finally sitting down at the computer at the end of a long day outside. It looks like this was the only day sunny day without showers, thundershowers, or steady rain for the foreseeable, so I decided to spend it outside.

The week is off to a good start. The competition on the step/exercise team is impressive - I'm upping my game for sure. Can't let you youngsters outdo me too badly, right? I wish I could join you on your bike ride in Elk Island National Park, @ashleycarole86 - can't wait to see your photos and hear all about it. Next trip to Alberta, I'd like to go there.

@deniners2
    Sounds like a delicious day! Your results are going to keep rolling in with that kind of dedication.

@micki48
    Your salad sounds delish too - and your son sounds like my daughter with the kittens! I'm glad you have had such rich family time lately. I saw your most recent photo of your granddaughter on your feed - she has grown so much! Looking amazing. I was thinking of you while doing Pilates right before dinner today (yes, I had procrastinated for hours...). My internet kept stalling, so I had to do 20 reps or more of some of the exercises while I waited for the video to continue playing. It was my punishment for procrastination - so watch out! Your internet might get all wonky if you put off doing your Pilates!

Keep up the determination and hard work, everyone.
  • jugar
    I forgot to ask -

@MandiSaysHey
    Do you have your steps for Saturday (the 3rd)? I could not find them. Thanks!
  • jugar
    Only one weigh-in due Tuesday - @Kali225 You're on!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    @ashleycarole86 the Poison Ivy extraction seems to have gone well. I found more plants hiding under a lilac bush and managed to pull out some deeply seated roots so hopefully I'm getting to the end of the infestation soon. I'd never encountered the stuff before 2019 and the plants we have dont match the majority of the google image searches for it so I was rubbing up against it without knowing while trying to beat back the overgrowth over the whole property. This property had been abandoned and the landscaping left to run wild for 3 years until we bought it. The home Reno's are now at a point two years later that we can focus on fixing the yard. I don't have any side effects from this round of extraction so I think my precautions of rubber boots, long sleeves, plastic bags and triple gloves is working!

Ohh, soccer tonight was good, I have zero knee pain, I just need to get my cardio up so I can run more. It was fun though. Gonna go back next week for more!
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    edited July 2021
    Steps for July 5
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,089 Member
    Exercise 07/05 -
    8,316 steps + 24 minutes yoga (low intensity) + 140 minutes biking (medium intensity)
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,089 Member
    @PlaneMonkey That's great about the soccer... so happy you had fun!

@jugar We had a great day at Elk Island.. definitely recommend checking it out next time you're here. Being a Southern Albertan, this was my first time up there... so I had no idea what to expect. It was great! There are so many different trails with different levels of intensity. We did one of the trails marked strenuous for our bike ride... lots of roots and stuff to go over... glad we got the types of bikes we did to handle that kind of terrain as that's nothing I'm used to at all. The weather was perfect... about 20 degrees which was enough because it's been humid. And not the downpours my neck of the woods was having all day, so we definitely headed for the right direction today :)

We met lots of people on our bike ride who had seen the wood bison that particular trail was common for sightings of.. unfortunately I think we just missed them as they walked through the one clearing. One of the couples said they saw moose and deer too... everyone else we encountered was hiking so I wonder if I just notice less when I'm on a bike than I would if I were on foot.

When that was done we hopped over to the other side of the park and did one of the easier hikes and saw some beavers working on their dams, so that perhaps supports my bike theory :)

Both Brad and I felt like kids again riding in this type of way, it had a level of fun and adventure that felt novel to both of us. And I somehow didn't take my phone out for pictures at all - but I know we'll be back! There are so many different day trips you could do there.

All in all, a great first day of vacation! It was jam packed from morning to night and we came back to the trailer with big smiles on our face.
  • once_mas
    once_mas Posts: 160 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    once_mas wrote: »

sunday 11'184 steps
    monday 484 steps
    tuesday 2'373 steps
    Thursday 3'050 steps

Saturday 129 steps
    sunday 102 steps

Thanks Masoumeh! When you put in your biking, could you give me the time rather than the distance? That would be a lot easier. The speed is good to have as well, but it is by the number of minutes that I record it. Thanks!
    @jugar
    Sure :)
    Wednesday 8min bike
    Friday 121min bike
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Happy Tuesday all. The bike ride sounds fab @ashleycarole86 even if you didn't get to see loads of wildlife.

The weight lifting session didn't go to plan yesterday. I think I managed 5 (unloaded) squats which weren't entirely comfortable, then when I came to start the next set, my IT bands point blank said no. It's a long time since I've experienced pain (as opposed to discomfort) when training, so I listened! My theory is that my glutes are not as strong as I think they should be, so the smaller muscles tried to compensate and couldn't cope - this would explain why I was still aching 5 days after the first workout. Cue lots of frustration, disappointment and feeling demoralised, and anger at myself for giving up the body I had. It wasn't necessarily slim, but it was strong and would have had no issues with the workout.

Today I will decide how to move towards my goal of resilience.
This discussion has been closed.