100lb down in a year. Now the challenge is to keep it off.

124»

Replies

• LesField
    LesField Posts: 25 Member

Don’t drink whilst eating. If you feel like you need a drink, its because your belly is full and needs to be flushed by fluid to fit more in - don’t do it. When you finish eating wait 5min before having a drink.

I have NEVER heard this and might call BS on it. Id never get through a meal without a drink.

It’s true.

https://youtube.com/shorts/BYIdgiu-uVc?feature=share
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Wonderful post and photos. Congrats for turning your life around and sharing what helped you most with us. Both thumbs up to you.
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    Congrats to both of you, that's really cool.
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    Congratulations!! Just started back on my journey and you are an inspiration.
  • BobPulaski
    BobPulaski Posts: 56 Member
    I congratulate you. That's not easy!

I haven't read 100% of the replies in this thread so I apologize if I'm repeating but I felt it was harder to lose my big chunk of weight (90 pounds) vs. keeping it off. I've kept it off for 4 years.

The reason I feel like it was harder to lose than maintain is because I think back to the days when I was actively trying to lose and how I counted & weighed everything I ate and thinking the effort was futile every time I exercised because I had such a long way to go. It was hard to stick to it. Now I know I can absorb a certain amount of "bad" food and not gain weight.

Excellent accomplishment and I'm sure you'll be fine.
  • kyndread71
    kyndread71 Posts: 41 Member
    AMAZING
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    I am so happy for you! You are going to walk your daughters down the aisle looking handsome and healthy. Congratulations!
  • Spotteddingo
    Spotteddingo Posts: 95 Member
    Amazing job and thank you for sharing your wife's loss, as well. You 2 are a beautiful couple!
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    LesField wrote: »

Don’t drink whilst eating. If you feel like you need a drink, its because your belly is full and needs to be flushed by fluid to fit more in - don’t do it. When you finish eating wait 5min before having a drink.

I have NEVER heard this and might call BS on it. Id never get through a meal without a drink.

It’s true.

https://youtube.com/shorts/BYIdgiu-uVc?feature=share

No. Literally not how gastric emptying, and how food/water affects it, works. Or how water travels though the stomach itself as it is not a static funnel with the esophagus dumping into it at one end and the pylorus at the bottom. If that YouTube video were remotely accurate, which it is *not*, all the water would trickle through/down...and pool in the distal greater curvature of the gastric body/pyloric antrum of your stomach, below the pylorus itself.

• wphkch
    wphkch Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks for Posting, Hopefully I can make it as far as you have, Thanks for Inspiration
  • Jenpec98
    Jenpec98 Posts: 49 Member
    Shut the front door!!!! Congratulations! You look amazing!
    Thank you for all the advice! I will definitely do those things.
  • Nikki542687
    Nikki542687 Posts: 47 Member
    Way to go!! You lost weight and years! You look much younger now that you're 100lbs lighter. This is awesome!
  • investit
    investit Posts: 24 Member
    Such a wonderful job!
    Thank you for posting
  • g2renew
    g2renew Posts: 145 Member
    Congrats! You're looking great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!