What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    rosedale9 wrote: »
    Green peppers are not food. Furthermore, they are deliberately deceptive. Their shininess and bright colour make them look so appealing in the market, especially nestling next to their revolting minions red, yellow and orange bell peppers, but it's all a ruse. Together, they are the fascist cabal of the vegetable aisle. Inticing you in to their depravity through propaganda. Don't be fooled.

Yes...green might be my favorite color...but in bell peppers? Devil in disguise! So so ick!
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Twinkies... just gross
    Cheetos... hate ‘em
  • JunkerTrashh
    JunkerTrashh Posts: 6 Member
    Peanut butter is disgusting and I can't even stand the smell of it!
  • PAPYRUS3

holy...that sure is an unpopular view point in my house that is for sure!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member

I wish I felt this way! Pb is dangerous for me. Pretty much any nut butter is lol.
  • PAPYRUS3

I wish I felt this way! Pb is dangerous for me. Pretty much any nut butter is lol.

...yes - the struggle is real🤣
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,707 Member

I would gladly take it off your hands for you (as long as it is without hydrogenated oils and sugars...lol)
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    edited May 2021
    @corinasue1143 Halo Top just isn't that good, IMO (and apparently in the opinions of your fellow shoppers). I've tried it, and like, sure, I can eat this whole pint of ice cream for like 200 calories...but I'd rather have 200 calories' worth of real ice cream because it tastes better.

the novelty has certainly worn off. Since its acquisition a couple years ago I have stopped caring about it lol. still pretty packaging though
  • tawnyp23
    tawnyp23 Posts: 1 Member
    Lobsters are giant sea roaches.
  • vpeaches
    vpeaches Posts: 31 Member
    Celery tastes like biting into a stalk of cilantro to me, and I can't stand its stringy, soapy presence in all commercially available veggie trays. :D
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    @corinasue1143 Halo Top just isn't that good, IMO (and apparently in the opinions of your fellow shoppers). I've tried it, and like, sure, I can eat this whole pint of ice cream for like 200 calories...but I'd rather have 200 calories' worth of real ice cream because it tastes better.

the novelty has certainly worn off. Since its acquisition a couple years ago I have stopped caring about it lol. still pretty packaging though

It is pretty packaging. It’s still there. I looked at the flavor to see if that was the problem. Something donut. I forgot already.

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Bananas are pointless.
  • PAPYRUS3
    Bananas are pointless.

I like them with other items or baking, etc., ...but it's a pernickety thing with me. One month I'll like it and the next I don't...and I never like eating them 'just as is...' slimy 😣
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Bananas are pointless.

Objectively false. 😉

6fhf90c21z1g.jpg

Those are more nubs than points. :D
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Bananas are pointless.

I like them with other items or baking, etc., ...but it's a pernickety thing with me. One month I'll like it and the next I don't...and I never like eating them 'just as is...' slimy 😣

I'm the opposite. I like them okay on their own (although I prefer many other fruits), but I don't really like them in things, especially smoothies.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Maple Syrup goes on scrambled eggs. (You wanted unpopular...)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member

This is my favorite topping for scrambled eggs lol! I always have a bit with hot sauce and other half with syrup and a bit of salt. Sweet and salty goodness!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member

I do that too!

Well, since I started eating oatmeal/cream of wheat/cream of rice every day and top THAT with maple syrup, I've been trying to find a good alternative for the eggs. That syrup goes fast. :)