Keto and IF (intermittent fasting)

Hi
Just wanna share the love for the Keto Diet and intermittent fasting.

I’ve had success with this plan in 2019. Came off it and went back to carbs and weight came back. 2020 was a stressful year, as you may have noticed, but refocused my attention and am back on the horse again since May 2021 with great personal results.

I would recommend following Dr Rob Cywes on YouTube and also Dr Eric Berg
On YouTube too. Great sources of reliable information on Ketogenic approach and intermittent fasting.

James 😊✊

Replies

• miz_ppyn
    miz_ppyn Posts: 118 Member
    I'm doing keto and if aswell I've just restarted.
  • grob49
    grob49 Posts: 125 Member
    I've been doing intermittent fasting can't do keto. But I'm keeping carbs low. I really like the intermittent fasting. So far I've lost 7 lns and 3 inches off my waist.
  • kizanne2
    kizanne2 Posts: 123 Member
    edited July 2021
    Dr. Sten Ekberg video's are awesome. Really explains how keto and intermittent fasting is a healthy lifestyle and how calories in and calories out dieting is making us fat.

I've done atkins before but this is my first low carb intermittent fasting go. So far I like it. I haven't gone full keto and don't know if I will. There's a lot of gut biome info on eating a large variety of veggies and fruit. I'm just trying to stay in ketosis for right now.

Edited to add if you are trying to lose weight look into insulin resistance which is why keto and intermittent fasting help so much.
  • TallGent66
    TallGent66 Posts: 84 Member
    Dr. Berg is very good, hundreds or possibly thousands of videos on YouTube. Most videos typically 3 - 10 minutes. IF can be 12 hours, 16 hours, 24 hours, or more. I'm doing OMAD now (one meal a day). There are legal cheat foods... cruciferous veggies, tea, coffee (no sugar), etc.

Dr. Jason Fung another early proponent of intermittent fasting, his videos are longer, comparisons to the Caveman, etc. (We were designed to burn fat first, and muscle as a last resort.)

I'm 6'6", after success 2 years ago I gradually caved in to Covid... back on track, now 265 and hiking 3-4 days a week (while fasting) and treading water a few days. Much of the stomach gone, but other areas to work on.