• JEB03253
    JEB03253 Posts: 204 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,963 Member
    SModa61 wrote: »
    3 x no today. When it got to 8 pm and had been straight out all day and could barely keep my eyes open, I was not motivated to do my neglected exercise...... so then I ate and ruined a perfectly tracked day, up until that point.

Anyhow, I am ok with this. My current goal is to just simply report in each day and in a timely fashion. No plans for winner's circle because since maintenance, I cannot find that balance that meets the UAC goal and allows me the semi-freedom of maintenance. So I am trying my own single rule of report daily as a form of accountability.

Offer on condo was accepted. Now waiting on the P&S. Upgrades need to house before sale is daunting and then moving and such. In a way, I feel like I was just told that I am pregnant again - exciting and terrifying at the same time. :)

@SModa61 Congratulations on the condo!
    I know how daunting housing upgrades can be - we’ve been doing long overdo pest elimination: rat, termite, & ant (insulation removal) AND plumbing: sewer drain leak, old pipe replacement in backyard & under house, and installation of a Water Pressure Regulator. Whew!

The part I hate is the locating the professional & negotiating the price. But I will say it feels great to FINALLY be getting these jobs done!!

I’m curious about this: “Since maintenance, I cannot find that balance that meets the UAC goal and allows me the semi-freedom of maintenance.”

Is it the daily 20 minutes of exercise or the tracking everything that is the issue?

I assume it’s not calories as you can set whatever goal you want - per day - for them.
    You could for example set a high calorie number for 6 days & then set the goal for the 7th day to what would bring your weekly average to a goal you also set.

For tracking, I created something I called Intuitive Tracking. I served my food to myself on a scale without looking at the weight. Then I’d record it on a sticky note. Repeat for each item. After lunch I’d have 2 meals worth in the notes & I’d enter them. I’d do the same process for snack/dinner & then record.

I liked it because I was paying attention to what my body needs not I always eat 3oz of yogurt, etc. And I also liked it because I track a lot of numbers over months & years. So I like knowing the calories/protein grams/sodium. It keeps me from sliding back or saying I’ll fix it next week!

Happy to help brainstorm - as you’d like - but I also know you are SuperBusy!

🌸
    Maddie

• _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,777 Member
    mshawski wrote: »
    Apparently if you add asterisks to your bad words, it still sees you and replaces them with *kitten*. #todayIlearned

@mshawski I always wondered why people said kitten.
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    @SModa61 Dear Sherri, sending you good vibes! Keep at it, you're doing great.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    7/7/2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yep. Part of my daily 20+ minutes is the brisk walk from courthouse to bus transit center after work, but today hearings ran late so the judge was nice enough to offer me a ride home. I only accepted because I know she lives in the general vicinity. Otherwise, I'd have just waited for the next bus and it would have been nearly 7 before I got home. Ugh. As it was, it was 6:30, which is actually only half an hour later than normal. Since I left work about 45 minutes later than usual, I guess that's not too bad. (The difference between driving yourself and public transit). Anyways, after dinner (unhealthy as all get out), I took Sienna for a walk. It was like a freakin' sauna out there, but we got in almost 1.4 miles, with a stop to visit with her "boyfriend" and a run through the sprinklers. I should probably clarify, she ran away from the sprinklers, pulling me through them as she made a beeline for dry sidewalk. Hahahah!

Did I meet my calorie goal? Yes, but had to use exercise calories to do so.

Did I track everything? Yep, I did.

Pass Days = 3/3 still (I think? I'll need to go back and look again. I'll adjust tomorrow if I need to.)
  • seilidhe

Wow does sounds like you went through a lot. We don't have anything structural but the agents want some "makeover" type projects. Repaint most of the interior to modern pallete, paint all our natural wood cabinetry that goes through out large kitchen, familyroom wetbar and 10 ft built-ins. Modern counters & backsplash. Repaint master cabinets. some new lighting, hardware, and landscaping changes. Meanwhile need to re-clutter, sort/pack/dispose of 38 years of content. The downsizing step is smart. Hubby has been asking for years. When we came from from or florida condo to our large house, that made me ready to try. Never thought it would happen his quick.

Paint the natural wood cabinets???? Really? Is natural wood not a good thing to have anymore? Sigh.... No wonder I do so poorly at those decorating games I play. I *like* natural wood, depending on the stain and grain. I don't envy you. On the other hand, congrats on the condo! Best of luck to you as you do what needs doing.

• Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Well done @seilidhe!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES (outdoor walk)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? NO
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? NO

Pass Days Used: 2
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,854 Member
    seilidhe wrote: »

Wow does sounds like you went through a lot. We don't have anything structural but the agents want some "makeover" type projects. Repaint most of the interior to modern pallete, paint all our natural wood cabinetry that goes through out large kitchen, familyroom wetbar and 10 ft built-ins. Modern counters & backsplash. Repaint master cabinets. some new lighting, hardware, and landscaping changes. Meanwhile need to re-clutter, sort/pack/dispose of 38 years of content. The downsizing step is smart. Hubby has been asking for years. When we came from from or florida condo to our large house, that made me ready to try. Never thought it would happen his quick.

Paint the natural wood cabinets???? Really? Is natural wood not a good thing to have anymore? Sigh.... No wonder I do so poorly at those decorating games I play. I *like* natural wood, depending on the stain and grain. I don't envy you. On the other hand, congrats on the condo! Best of luck to you as you do what needs doing.

@seilidhe We feel the same about the cabinets which is part of why we refused to take any steps until/unless we found a new home. We were going to give it a year and then if nothing was found we would stay for another 10 or so years and re-visit them. We were told that our house would be told to 35 years olds and "they want it their way". The golden tones of clear finish maple are a no-no. Everything has to be the current cool neutral palette - basically grey, white, cool beige. The place we are buying is my style - glazed natural cabinets with golden beige counters. :p

@Chinkiri & @seilidhe Thanks both for the well wishes
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    @SModa61 Congrats on the new place! And yes, now the HARD WORK begins! We're just beginning to look at homes - we eventually want to downsize and get a smaller place on one level further out in the country. I've already begun "down-sizing" as I clean rooms, etc, because this house is big it's going to be very overwhelming for me!
  • seilidhe
    Oops... put my 7/7 check-in here.

@SModa61, really? Well that's a shame and although I like the cooler palette myself, I think it can be made to work with natural wood. But I'm old so maybe it's a generational thing. ;) Although I just asked my 31 yo and she said she chose the natural wood. But, ya gotta do whatcha gotta do. Best of luck and I hope it sells quickly and for more than the asking. :)
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    @SModa61 - Real estate is going hot right now in most places, I can't imagine you'd have a hard time finding buyers even if you did nothing on that list. Most people will redo things to suit them no matter how "move in ready" they want a house anyway. Regardless, best of luck on the move <3

P.S. - Of note, I'm a 30 something and I'd prefer the wood over gray. :smile: It feels more like home and less... sterile.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,854 Member
    @Mrs_hoffer I wish you luck with your downsizing as well. I am guessing you and I are a similar age (me - almost 60). Tricky part is I am trying to not just throw items out if they should have a second life. That is taking more time, but I will feel good about my decisions at least.

@seilidhe The real estate hired a stager to examine the home too. And it was less that it was natural wood, but that it had the yellow tones of aged clear maple. They do have some wear, so maybe this gives them that new life. Trying to follow the advice of the pros, just like I try to listen to my doctor.

@mshawski Hubby and I felt the same about letting new owner/buyer deal with it. Agent "claims" the payback can be 10 times the expense. Gave an example of a recent home. Owners got a single offer of 1.2 million. Took it off the market. Did $30,000-40,000 in cosmetic work and put back on the market. It went for $1,525,000. I also prefer the natural to paint. Fortunately the place we are buying has glazed birch cabinets. Daughter (30) just bought MIL's house and did gut reno - has two kitchens. Upstairs is white, with grey subway tiles and walnut island. Downstairs is Grey upper cabinets with a similar but less expensive walnut looking bottoms, and white subway tiles. Both counters are grey/white. Looks nice, but not my thing. I believe in not following trends. If you are not in style in the first place, then you are never worse off later. :P
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,280 Member
    July 6, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Going "nuts" with nuts today? No (5 days-free )
    (I go "nuts" with nuts most times, trying to continue a good habit this month. Counting the number of "nuts" free days.)

Pass day 0/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,989 Member
    @ MadisonMolly2017 good on u for stopping grazing. I find i graze wen prepping, cooking and handling food for me and my fam. Its so habitual. At one point i was eating chewing gum so might hve to go back to that.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,963 Member
    @ MadisonMolly2017 good on u for stopping grazing. I find i graze wen prepping, cooking and handling food for me and my fam. Its so habitual. At one point i was eating chewing gum so might hve to go back to that.

Dinner is tough! So, I cook most of the “hot stuff” at lunch (and enough for two nights) to
    Minimize the grazing. My grazing is a non-issue until late in day.

Grazing while making dinner was my “reason” for eating out all those years- I was NEVER hungry after cooking (it was exercise for me then - which suppresses my appetite) AND I’d eaten while prepping & “taste testing.”
  • oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    JUL 6
    T ✅ | C ✅ | E ✅ [25 min walk]
    * Correction