Introductions!

2»

Replies

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member

@ashleycarole86 WELCOME! 🎉🎈 You're so right about this really "working", but only when we work it! Lol. And huge CONGRATS 👏 to you on achieving 59lbs toward your goal! Whoop! 👏 We're all very passionate about our little group and are SO GLAD to have you join us!
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    So nice to be here again with the UAC family! Glad to see all of you, honestly.

I'm finishing up body recomp phase right now and will move into maintenance next month.

Goals:
    * Maintain my body fat in the low 20% range (or, gulp, high teens)
    * Get stronger and more flexible
    * Run a sub-60 minute 10 km (bonus)
    * Working on mobility improvements (bonus)

Plan:
    JUL Exercise: Theresa DePasquale's 90-day workout program (Phase 3 of 3)

JUN Nutrition: Hit my protein macro (40%) at least twice a week. Keep fat macro between 25%-29% for the month's average. Hit 35g of fiber daily. Play around with volumetrics/volume eating.
  • Mrs_Hoffer

@Winner_in_Life You've had an amazing 4 months, and CONGRATS on losing 17.8kg during that time! 👏 Your hard work is paying off!! :smile: I've recently turned 60 and know that I (desperately) NEED to do some kind of strength training more than ever before. I can tell in just this last year that I've lost muscle tone in my upper body. I've started working again this week with some light weights, but need to take a more serious look at this EPIC program. Thanks for the recommendation! And good luck to you on the apartment hunting - that doesn't sound like it's going to be easy. :disappointed:
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    @MaltedTea your goals (and even your workouts!) are always SO inspirational to me! Huge kudos to YOU as well! It's so good to see YOU back again for July!! :smile:
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    @Mrs_Hoffer Thank you very much for your kind words :) I hope for better 🙂
  • oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    @Winner_in_Life Super impressive achievements!
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    @oh_jackie Thank you for your attention 🌹
  • DontStopAchievin
    DontStopAchievin Posts: 31 Member
    Good Afternoon All. This is my first time with UAC. I came on the good advice of a good friend here on MFP. I believe this will help me to stay focused on the positive and not the negative, (as I have been). Looking forward to all the help I can get. Wishing everyone good luck. Thanks for having me. :);)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    WELCOME! Harley! I'm so glad to see you here! B)
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Good Afternoon All. This is my first time with UAC. I came on the good advice of a good friend here on MFP. I believe this will help me to stay focused on the positive and not the negative, (as I have been). Looking forward to all the help I can get. Wishing everyone good luck. Thanks for having me. :);)

Your hair colour?! 👌🏿😍

And welcome to the UAC!!
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Hello, I’m late to the party this month after taking a little time out mid June. This will be my 7th month if I get credit for June.

I’m Maryann. I’ll be 38 this month, and I have 20ish lbs to go until I hit my goal weight. Honestly it might be less than that but in my brain it’s always “20 left”. I guess my end goal is a moving target. I alternate running, though I’m quite terrible at it, and strength/HIIT classes at the gym. I have a 5 year old with more energy than I can fathom, and some days it feels like he directly drains the energy from my husband and me to fuel him 😂.

Anyhoo. I may not respond to posts some days, but I always read and like them. Any friend requests are welcome. Sometimes I ramble (exhibit A: this post), so apologies in advance for that.

Welcome to all the new members, and cheers to those running the show this month. You are all awesome. ❤️
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    edited July 2021
    WELCOME BACK @mshawski ! I get the whole energy draining 5 yo thing.... we have 8 grands and cant handle more than 1 or 2 of them at any given time! 😆

WELCOME @TwistedSassette ! Im glad you found our little group!! 😊 Awesome job on the 30 lbs so far!
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Hello
    I haven't introduced myself yet - I am Jen. I joined last month, then I got an infection and the antibiotics made me lose my appetite so I looked at June as being a lost cause. So I learned how to make a log cabin quilt wall hanging. So I joined in July and I had issues with my ex again which I have posted about in the past. Hopefully, following the advice of my attorney, all things should be getting better with regard to the abusive ex issue now.

I am hoping that I can finally focus on my health goals again. I need to be honest, I got depressed over the past few months dealing with my ex and trying to work on health goals so I stopped. But I hope things are now finally going to get better and I can truly move forward.

I look forward to getting to know everyone in the UAC. I added the picture of the wall hanging I made in June.

xqzp0gjk25tv.jpg
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    @KCJen That is simply beautiful! Quilting is something I've never done! But this is absolutely stunning! Such a wonderful job!
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    @Mrs_Hoffer Thank you!! I love to make quilts and quilting is very calming to me. :)