GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Replies

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,039 Member
    Week 2 done!

I am super proud that I am doing this. I was afraid I would bail, but so far, two weeks done. It's feeling doable!

140bgd3euab5.gif

Also, most I've done in a set, assisted.
    3edrj88g7r7l.gif

👏 👏
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    @KickassAmazon76
    Week 2 done!

I am super proud that I am doing this. I was afraid I would bail, but so far, two weeks done. It's feeling doable!

What program are you running?

It's actually one that a powerlifting girlfriend of mine did. She saw that I was struggling with stronglifts and yet felt lost in terms of what else to do... So she sent me her plan. It's an 8 wk program, and is designed to help grow the main lifts using pin presses, pauses, box squats, etc and other accessories.

It's pretty cool, tbh
  • KickassAmazon76
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    👏 👏

❤️😁
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,039 Member
    Tonight I did bench press. First set was 90lb x8, then next two to failure... Set 2 was 11 and set three was 10.

I believe that if I were to retest my 1rm for bench... I'd beat it by 10lb!

(my squat blows... Those hip issues really torched me)

2euxtdin7vwl.gif

YouTube some hip opening stretches-
  • KickassAmazon76
    Tonight I did bench press. First set was 90lb x8, then next two to failure... Set 2 was 11 and set three was 10.

2euxtdin7vwl.gif

I've been trying some, but really need to focus on it aggressively. I'm really bad with not consistently stretching. And my inflexibility is almost legendary. 😳😔
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,214 Member

2euxtdin7vwl.gif

I've been trying some, but really need to focus on it aggressively. I'm really bad with not consistently stretching. And my inflexibility is almost legendary. 😳😔

I’ve found that even a little bit goes a long way. Squat University has a great pre-squat hip mobility warm-up that makes a tangible difference for me. They’ve got a wealth of free info on their website and social media.
  • KickassAmazon76
    steveko89 wrote: »

2euxtdin7vwl.gif

I’ve found that even a little bit goes a long way. Squat University has a great pre-squat hip mobility warm-up that makes a tangible difference for me. They’ve got a wealth of free info on their website and social media.

I'll check that out! Thank you!

2euxtdin7vwl.gif

Dude - at 41 I’m just now realizing the importance of flexibility and mobility- trying to teach my kids - we are not young forever and especially if we have sedentary jobs flexibility training is a must

This isn't a joke, I fully agree. Sitting a desk job for 8h a day does not help at all. I guess when it feels like time is at such a premium, it's hard to "waste" it on "just stretching". Even though I know it's necessary.
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,356 Member

2euxtdin7vwl.gif

I definatly need to check this out with my hip immobility
  • steveko89

2euxtdin7vwl.gif

I'm always lifting either first thing in the morning or after I've sat at a desk all day and have found all of the Squat U warm-up/mobility stuff useful. I regularly do their suggested warm-up sequences for squats and deadlifts, occasionally do the T-spine stretches and used the shoulder stability/rehab suggestions when I was dealing with some shoulder pain in late 2018/early 2019. For the shoulder it's certainly not the only thing I've implemented but it certainly didn't hurt. The first time I tried the squat warm-up there was tangible improvements to overall comfort of the movement and depth.
  • KickassAmazon76

2euxtdin7vwl.gif

I'm always lifting either first thing in the morning or after I've sat at a desk all day and have found all of the Squat U warm-up/mobility stuff useful. I regularly do their suggested warm-up sequences for squats and deadlifts, occasionally do the T-spine stretches and used the shoulder stability/rehab suggestions when I was dealing with some shoulder pain in late 2018/early 2019. For the shoulder it's certainly not the only thing I've implemented but it certainly didn't hurt. The first time I tried the squat warm-up there was tangible improvements to overall comfort of the movement and depth.

I checked out one of their vids just now... I will try it before squats tomorrow! Thank you
    😁
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    @KickassAmazon76
    Week 2 done!

It's actually one that a powerlifting girlfriend of mine did. She saw that I was struggling with stronglifts and yet felt lost in terms of what else to do... So she sent me her plan. It's an 8 wk program, and is designed to help grow the main lifts using pin presses, pauses, box squats, etc and other accessories.

It's pretty cool, tbh

That is cool. I usually just do my own. I almost never have 8weeks uninterrupted to run a program. I'm always playing catch up.
  • KickassAmazon76
    @KickassAmazon76
    Week 2 done!

It's pretty cool, tbh

That is cool. I usually just do my own. I almost never have 8weeks uninterrupted to run a program. I'm always playing catch up.

I have never ever done a program... Ever. Just stronglifts and I never tied myself to a plan. I have seriously doubted whether I could actually make it through... And I still do... But for now... For now I'm doing it!

If I can make it through the whole 8 weeks, that in itself would be a huge personal victory!
  • steveko89
    Switching to the RP stuff is the first time I've done anything with a time bound structure and it definitely takes a bit of a different approach. I'm not a big program hopper but I'm definitely a serial tinkerer. I typically would set up a spreadsheet with a single week, print it out, and fill in and/or check things off as a I. It would prompt me to look at the sheet weekly and I'd almost always tweak something though I was able to layout the RP program on one page for six weeks. On one hand I've missed that frequent review process but I think it's been beneficial for me to stick with the format and what was prescribed for 5-6 weeks.

That said, I was supposed to have a deload this week but I've been feeling great so I'm just going to run it back this week with last week's sets/rep goals and reassess the schedule. We're scheduled for a vacation in late August so I'm laying things out so I'm set for a deload that week.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Switching to the RP stuff is the first time I've done anything with a time bound structure and it definitely takes a bit of a different approach. I'm not a big program hopper but I'm definitely a serial tinkerer. I typically would set up a spreadsheet with a single week, print it out, and fill in and/or check things off as a I. It would prompt me to look at the sheet weekly and I'd almost always tweak something though I was able to layout the RP program on one page for six weeks. On one hand I've missed that frequent review process but I think it's been beneficial for me to stick with the format and what was prescribed for 5-6 weeks.

That said, I was supposed to have a deload this week but I've been feeling great so I'm just going to run it back this week with last week's sets/rep goals and reassess the schedule. We're scheduled for a vacation in late August so I'm laying things out so I'm set for a deload that week.

For hypertrophy/bodybuilding workout programs, RP is awesome. For powerlifting, Juggernaut Training Systems is a great deal more applicable. Chad Wesley Smith, knows his stuff.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Chieflrg wrote: »

Adjusted my belt too loose. Really close to beltless pulls here.

Wow! That's incredible! 👏
  • KickassAmazon76
    Week 3, Day 3 done!
    9t1pbbltfwvp.gif