July 8 Sign In

Options

Replies

• clutterqueen
    clutterqueen Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @HarleyWolf55 You are definitely doing it right!! Welcome to the UAC! We are so glad you are here!
  • clutterqueen
    clutterqueen Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer Give yourself some grace! You’ve had a very stressful day, but tomorrow is a new day. Enjoy time with the grandkids and just try to minimize the damage for the next five days!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I’d say we’ve all been there. We’ve all messed up. Failure isn’t falling down. Failure is not getting back up.
    There’s one thing I do to help myself when I feel like I just want to eat something at the end of the day that’s more than the allotted calories I have left. I tell myself I can still have it TOMORROW! Most of the time that works. But you all know I still mess up plenty!

@MadisonMolly2017 keeps talking about how important our habits are. I was thinking about that this morning when I was jogging. I’d just found out about an hour before that a friend of mine passed away from ALS. I knew the end was near, but I still feel so bad for the family. That’s where habits come in. I could’ve just skipped my workout, but it’s a habit that’s so ingrained that it never even occurred to me to skip it.
    That is great advice and I really like the reminder that you can save that extra item for tomorrow. Also congrats on developing a new healthy habit. I find I really get to thinking about things sometimes during easy paced runs and sometimes even figure things out that were bothering me. Sorry to hear about your friend.

Higa2021 wrote: »
    What would I say to someone? You're doing these best you know how, and that's got to be good enough. Keep going and you'll get there.
    Excellent point, we are all learning how to do this for ourselves. Huge kudos for skipping dessert on a day that you already knew was a pass day. That is a big win!

Way to turn the day around @SModa61 congrats!

I hope you and your husband have a great trip @JennyRebecca1978

@Mrs_Hoffer you are identifying obstacles and learning. I know if anyone can figure ways around it, you will!

@harleywolf55 so far you are doing perfectly, keep on going!

@MaltedTea I really love your sense of humor!
    :lol:

Congrats on another awesome day @victorious55
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Yes. Yes, this right here. I feel you on this @MaltedTea! 🙌🏻

MaltedTea wrote: »

@DebyS137 thanks for inspiring @WhatMeRunning's post today. I've always been the type to (not so) jokingly berate myself as a part of stirring action or change.

It's definitely not how I would approach someone else dealing with a similar issue though 🤔

Welp, I have so many other neuroses to prioritize but I'll add this one to the list. See? Did it again 🤣

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @Winner_in_Life 25kg lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options
    Congrats on the great compliment @_JeffreyD_ I hope you have a wonderful vacation
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    Exercise: walking for more than 30 minutes plus lots of lifting and carrying
    Calories: below my limit
    Tracking: good
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning Since I know that I cannot ever control anyone else nor know why someone feels the way that they do, the best that I can do is ask permission to walk alongside of another.
    Wow! So true! And effective medicine at that!
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    • Treadmill: 30 min / 1.93 mi
    • Chest & Arms WO + crunches
    Passes used: 0/3
    Apple rings closed: 8/31
  • thabit11
    thabit11 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    July 8
    Yes to all questions.
    Pass days 2/3.

After many tryouts, I stopped getting angry at myself when I miss up my good days. I feel like it will only makes me give up, so forgiving is the best solution.

If I were to say something to someone, it would be to move on, and plan the next day, and as someone here once said: there is no perfect month, so don't wait for one to accomplish your goal.

Than you @clutterqueen you just gave me a motivational shot ☺️☺️.

Goodnight/ good morning to you all 💛💜