Trimstones-July Chat 2021

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,007 Member
    Having our brush with Elsa this evening...lots of warnings...hope everyone on the east coast of the US is ok...
    Jessica
  • ssssseika
    ssssseika Posts: 112 Member
    Username: ssssseika
    Weight in: Friday
    PW: 173.7
    CW: 171.9
  • kerdil08
    kerdil08 Posts: 61 Member
    Just realized the post I wrote Sunday didn't actually send, so sorry about being late! Weight is from Sunday.

kerdil08
    Sunday
    PW 168.7
    CW 172.2

Two super gaining weeks in a row, but to be honest I'm surprised this reading wasn't even worse. I had takeout ~every day leading up to this weigh-in and did very little intentional movement. I had barely any steps at all over the holiday weekend. But more on track this week, and hoping to be set up for a big loss as all the bloat melts.

NSV - I did a 5k with a friend two Saturdays ago, and managed to complete it without stopping. Still very slow overall, but ~5 minutes faster than the goal I'd set for myself, which was admittedly conservative because I didn't think I'd be able to do it without walking. So hooray! This is the first running 'event' I'd done since I was like 8 so I was tense about it (obviously wasn't expecting to win, but I just don't like struggling in front of people), but we just went at an easy pace and chatted for most of the time, so it went great. I still...hate running, but I WANT to like it, and this was a good step. We're planning to sign up for either a 5 miler or a 10k in October, so new goals! I did go off the rails after the race though (aka two weeks of 3+lbs gained), so I need to be careful to look at these types of events as checkpoints rather than finish lines, especially since I don't actively "train."

Steps (through to today):
    6/27 - 18,370
    6/28 - 22,934
    6/29 - 7,543
    6/30 - 7,733
    7/1 - 12,573
    7/2 - 6,207
    7/3 - 13,684
    7/4 - 2,616
    7/5 - 1,514
    7/6 - 20,172
    7/7 - 21,867
    7/8 - 15,260
  • wilsonkellies
    wilsonkellies Posts: 117 Member
    wilsonkellies
    Thursday
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Waifer003
    July 8
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    JoDavo66 wrote: »
    Waifer003 wrote: »
    Feeling proud of myself. Just received an awful message from my brother. He has declared that he no longer wishes to assist in my mom’s care in any way (my mom has dementia and is in a long-term care home). The message was mean and spiteful, and made me cry. To be honest, any assistance he has provided in the past has been limited and has come with many strings attached, so this isn’t surprising. Also it is not surprising that I just broke down and had one hell of a food binge. What IS surprising, however, is that I stayed true to myself and wrote down EVERY SINGLE CALORIE. It wasn’t quite as bad as I thought. And now I can move forward from it.

So sorry you are having to deal with this. Sending big hugs.
    Well done for staying in control. It's so hard when things are really challenging.

Thanks Jo. Means so much to know I have people who understand
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    13wn7sfxkdsy.png

I do not like Ranch or French dressing 🤮 I'm more of a Ceaser and Italian girl. I just started watching Grey's Anatomy last year. I've went 15 years without watching a single episode but finally said screw it and now I'm hooked. 🤣
  • jessicakrall8
    JessicaKrall8
    Friday Weigh-in
    PW: 305.3
    CW: 304.6

Last day of vacation!! :cry: Did lots of walking yesterday...hope to do so again today! Feels good...wanted to go outdoors, but it's hot and humid again...probably 94 today, so I'll have to find some indoor places to go and walk...enjoy your day!
    Jessica
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 209 Member
    Bearchested
    Friday
    PW: 203.4
    CW: 202.8

While my sleep and exercise habits are off, I dialed in my diet a bit better this week and stuck to my fast a couple days - progress!

I've always had a goal of learning a martial art, and started training in Jiu Jitsu last week. My fasting window starts at 7:30 and Jiu Jitsu starts at 7, so I've had to get better at eating a healthy fueling meal a couple hours before training to prevent me to getting incredibly hungry when I get home. I'm happy with my small wins this week.
  • laceyf53
    laceyf53 Posts: 110 Member
    laceyf53
    Friday
    PW:207.9
    CW:204.6

I've been in bed sick this whole week so this was a bit of a surprise. I've been sleeping a lot, generally 8-10 hours at night plus an hour nap. Generally I sleep 7 hours per night. Obviously stress has been a big contributor to slowing my progress.

This is the least I've weighed in a decade! I can't believe that but it's true. Last time I stopped at 207. Next goal is to break 200 lbs and it's right around the corner.

One of my big goals is to start endurance riding. My young horse is at the trainer and has been there since April 1. She comes back around October 1. At 1100 per month, I knew there was NO WAY I was paying this kind of money and not losing weight to ride her. For her long term health and safety, I need to be under 190 lbs. I'm going to ride her for a few days in early August and the immediate goal is to be around 197 when I do that, and ultimately lose at least 20 more lbs by October 1st. When October rolls around I'm going back to the performance gym. 😬 That gym is noooo joke, hardest workouts I've done post military service. Oct - Dec is 100% focused on getting shredded.

We'll see how it goes! Super motivated by the past few week's results.
  • jessicakrall8
    @laceyf53 @bearchested @KHill875 @ssssseika Great losses this week! WTG!

@EWilhelm2487 Hope you feel better soon!!!

@wilsonkellies Those few ounces will come off soon...hang in there!

@kerdil08 You know how to rectify everything you mentioned and I'm sure you've already started planning, so here's to a better week ahead!!
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    @bearchested awesome re Jiu Jitsu & the small wins.

@laceyf53 hope you're feeling better. Well done on weight loss & I'll be watching for Onderland! Go for it!!

@Ewilhelm2487 hugs!! Water retention??? I gained then lost loads in both 1st trimesters. With both, hardly eating, I ballooned at the end. Blame the hormones. Sending gentle hugs.

Well done on all those losses.
    I'm trying to get organised for some healthy shopping this weekend. I just need to survive one more week. Manic with loads of cover lessons because of numbers having to isolate. Can't get agency teachers- all out. Our county is about 4th in the delta variant covid league & the city was the worst in UK.😢
    Just trying to stay safe 'til end of term.
    My nephew arrived in UK today (lives with Dad in Luxembourg 🇱🇺) & he hasn't been able to see his Mom or sister for a year. He has to isolate but it's crazy as there's more chance of us catching covid in city centre or at school than from him!!
    I totally understand why UK sick of restrictions as so many no longer make any sense especially when risk so high from things we're allowed to do!
    Thinking about minimal prep meals. Any suggestions welcome. I am totally bored with my protein overnight oats & lunch time salads.
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Chalmation
    Friday
    PW 140.8
    CW 141
  • jessicakrall8
    pcmc39ae2oxe.jpg

@laurieldl08 @bfc2345 You forgot to post your weight this week ...please post before stats on Sunday as both of you missed last week as well and two NWIs will mean that you're removed this week. Hope all is well, but I haven't heard from you so I have no idea...give us a shout and let us know you're ok!
    Jessica
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    JoDavo66 wrote: »
    @bearchested awesome re Jiu Jitsu & the small wins.

@laceyf53 hope you're feeling better. Well done on weight loss & I'll be watching for Onderland! Go for it!!

@Ewilhelm2487 hugs!! Water retention??? I gained then lost loads in both 1st trimesters. With both, hardly eating, I ballooned at the end. Blame the hormones. Sending gentle hugs.

Well done on all those losses.
    I'm trying to get organised for some healthy shopping this weekend. I just need to survive one more week. Manic with loads of cover lessons because of numbers having to isolate. Can't get agency teachers- all out. Our county is about 4th in the delta variant covid league & the city was the worst in UK.😢
    Just trying to stay safe 'til end of term.
    My nephew arrived in UK today (lives with Dad in Luxembourg 🇱🇺) & he hasn't been able to see his Mom or sister for a year. He has to isolate but it's crazy as there's more chance of us catching covid in city centre or at school than from him!!
    I totally understand why UK sick of restrictions as so many no longer make any sense especially when risk so high from things we're allowed to do!
    Thinking about minimal prep meals. Any suggestions welcome. I am totally bored with my protein overnight oats & lunch time salads.

With my last pregnancy I lost 35+ lbs in the first trimester. By the time I gave birth to my son I had only gained 18lbs.

With my oldest son I lost 20lbs in the first trimester but gained 93lbs 😲 all of it was water weight and baby. Lol I lost 76lbs before I left the hospital to go home.
    I'm really hoping this baby will be nice to me 🤣🤣
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 881 Member
    Izzyred9400
    Sat
    PW 125.6
    CW 129.4
    😏 Time to get back on it !!
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member

Omg we have the same answers other than turkey I like both but I would pick it first. Dooggie and house same ive only seen a couple of each of the ones listed. I have stayed at both resort and cabins. I like nature better than beaches. Vinegrette all the way ranch is better than french. Also not much of a concert goer. Amusement parks are fun but again with the rides lol I could take or leave them. I do really like the swing ride though. Nothing that goes in circles anymore my body says NOPE. How old are you? I'm 46.

Hi Jennifer! We really do have similar choices with this one! I'm 54.
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Having our brush with Elsa this evening...lots of warnings...hope everyone on the east coast of the US is ok...
    Jessica

I hope you got through it okay! With so much rainfall many of our streets and subways flooded. Luckily, I was home for most of it and my subways did not flood to the extent that you're knee/thigh deep in water as reported for some locations.
This discussion has been closed.