Did you swim today?

Replies

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Kupla71 wrote: »
    My pool has been closed for most of the year too. So bummed out about it. I really miss swimming! 😖

They have re-opened ours for Private Lessons = $55.00/hr for a private lesson or Common Household Rentals - ie Family under one roof $200.00/hr" now I just need to adopt 19 kids so I can cut it to $10.00/hr which is still pretty steep.
  • stephaniek511
    stephaniek511 Posts: 86 Member
    I just booked a session for this evening - trying to get back into at least one day a week, when I can snag pool time, which is pretty limited right now. My Masters group is back to swimming but at nearly $12 per session with no coach on deck, I'll pay the $6 a session and swim as an individual.
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    How did your swim go @stephaniek511?
    And - youch! @juliet3455... that's ridiculous pricing!
    I swam twice today o:) First thing at the pool - 40 mins and 1.3k (in the middle lane, supposedly for those who can swim 45 sec and under. Reality - anyone who can swim steadily, as the slow lane is full of walkers, floaters etc... so spent a lot of time waiting at the end of the lane (not allowed to pass except at the end) or swimming circles) then later in open water with a friend- breast stroke again cos she likes to chat - so 24 mins in 11 degree water. Maybe 750m? Something like that.
    Hope you're all smashing your fitness goals, in and out of the water.
  • stephaniek511
    stephaniek511 Posts: 86 Member
    Oh my, @skinnyrev2b - that sounds a bit annoying. Our pool is set up so that we split lanes. It limits the amount of people who can swim (only about 20 an hour) so you have to make sure you're on top of things when they open the reservations up, but at least I can swim at my comfortable speed, consistently. Unfortunately if you are splitting a lane, you cannot use training paddles...I guess there must have been a few too many smacks on the head of co-swimmers! The last few weeks it has been easier to get a lane, I think people must be spending more time outdoors with Spring.
  • skinnyrev2b
    Nice sounding set up @stephaniek511 .
    Today was much better. I dropped out of the (ridiculously packed) session this morning in favour of a much more relaxed 4 of us in a double lane at lunchtime. Slightly disappointed I ended up 3 lengths off a mile in the allotted time, but only had to go slow/stop about 4-5 times cos the slowest in the lane recognised the overtaking rules.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Pools reopened today. First swim in about 6 weeks. So did 1.6km for today. Good to back at it.

Glad have retained the weightloss on keto and even lost abit more as well despitr not swimming and holding steady at about 20 kilos (44 pounds) lost since October.
    Blood sugar normal levels and seems I have reversed diabetes with no medication whatsoever.

No complaints!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Nice one AQ! Especially on the diabetes front! That's ace!
  • ElBence
    ElBence Posts: 291 Member
    My pool switched from short course yards to long course meters today. 5100 meters.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Today: 1 mile @ 48 minutes
  • Bruceapple
    Today: 1 mile @ 55 minutes
  • kayak4water
    kayak4water Posts: 155 Member
    Totally disappointed that some pools are still in some state of restriction, especially with 50% of the US fully vaccinated against COVID.

My Y stopped requiring masks and taking temperatures. I still mask often, because while protected against severe infection, I'm not sure I want even a mild case.

May the water be with you.
  • kayak4water
    kayak4water Posts: 155 Member
    PS. I swam today
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    ElBence wrote: »
    My pool switched from short course yards to long course meters today. 5100 meters.

Huh?
    As in they changed how they mark the distances or what?
  • skinnyrev2b
    I was wondering that too!
    I've been in the pool fairly often - but today was a lake swim ?1500m in 45 mins.
  • Bruceapple
    yes all week, mostly 1 mile @ 50 minutes
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Our community pool opened for water aerobics, not swimming.
    Gym pool is still closed. I’m doing water aerobics.
  • Bruceapple
    Today: 1 mile @ 48 minutes
  • skinnyrev2b
    Nice one @Bruceapple .
    I decided to cycle to the pool today, so my focus was on being fresh enough to cycle home again! Thus 25 min cycle both ways and a 20 min swim. 800m front crawl in the 'fast' lane (I wasn't very fast, but faster than the moderate lane, so just took breaks to allow the other swimmer in my lane to do his laps uninterrupted).
  • skinnyrev2b
    Yes. 1.1 mile ow swim in 57mins. Mainly bs, with occasional fc.
  • Bruceapple
    This week 3 miles total at about 50 minutes each.