What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Maple Syrup goes on scrambled eggs. (You wanted unpopular...)

This is my favorite topping for scrambled eggs lol! I always have a bit with hot sauce and other half with syrup and a bit of salt. Sweet and salty goodness!

You DEFINITELY have to add the salt to make it - and yeah hot sauce is right up there, too. Either/or. Or now that you've suggested it half and half!
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    baby food is toxic
  • livinggoodlife
    livinggoodlife Posts: 4 Member
    Coconut water is terrible. It has such a slimy texture. And it's weird because I absolutely love coconut anything!

Yeah that's true
  • IllustriousBee
    IllustriousBee Posts: 70 Member
    Peanut butter and ranch dressing taste awesome mixed together. I figured this out by mistake in high school, btw.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Peanut butter and ranch dressing taste awesome mixed together. I figured this out by mistake in high school, btw.

I think I just threw up a little.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member

Must be April 1st
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member

LOL same, I got nauseous just thinking about the combo. 🤢

Truly an unpopular opinion OP :D .
  • Xikaiden
    Xikaiden Posts: 37 Member
    EyeOTS wrote: »
    Pineapple is great on pizza. Bacon isn't even the best pork product.
    Shots fired!

Pineapple on pizza is pretty good.

Personally don't like any pork products lol
  • Zoomie402
    Zoomie402 Posts: 260 Member
    Boiled peanuts are amazing!
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,854 Member
    Protein is mostly overrated and we don't need heaps of it. Supplementing protein is frivolous for "most" people. If you're eating enough calories (from carb dense foods) that should be enough.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Ranch dressing isn't even good all on its own, let alone using it to ruin peanut butter.

. . . but if it makes you happy, hey, go for it: You can have allll the ranch dressing, as long as there's some unadulterated crunchy peanut butter left for me.

I totally don't understand why so many people like ranch dressing so much. Every once in a while, I sample some to see if I've changed my mind. Meh, no. 😆

Absolutely agree!
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,127 Member
    Zoomie402 wrote: »
    Boiled peanuts are amazing!

As the subject says "an unpopular opinion" Bleh!
  • IllustriousBee
    IllustriousBee Posts: 70 Member
    I don't normally (like ever, I think it's been years) eat peanut butter or regular ranch dressing anymore, but in my teens, it would deeply disturb my family and friends when they saw me make a peanut butter sandwich with ranch on it. I also love boiled peanuts. My SO grew up in Georgia, and he introduced me to them. We only have them when we can make them ourselves though.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,261 Member
    eating out (most places) is full of salt & fat & not good for you-very unpopular
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Evamutt wrote: »
    eating out (most places) is full of salt & fat & not good for you-very unpopular

On that note, I hate eating out and rarely do. I only do if I have to. I would MUCH prefer making something myself and don't really enjoy eating out. I like to be comfy in my pjs at home when eating. :D
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,702 Member

On that note, I hate eating out and rarely do. I only do if I have to. I would MUCH prefer making something myself and don't really enjoy eating out. I like to be comfy in my pjs at home when eating. :D

I was with you 100% until the last line. Nothing wrong with it! To each their own. I like to buy, prepare and cook my own food but I make it special at home. Make a plate, peaceful environment, my own choice of beverage, quiet music, etc.

Either way, I too share the unpopular opinion that eating home made food is better than going out to eat.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    BZAH10 wrote: »

I was with you 100% until the last line. Nothing wrong with it! To each their own. I like to buy, prepare and cook my own food but I make it special at home. Make a plate, peaceful environment, my own choice of beverage, quiet music, etc.

Either way, I too share the unpopular opinion that eating home made food is better than going out to eat.

Not if you can't or don't want to cook.

I don't eat out much but do buy foods that are ready straight from the container or can be microwaved.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Ranch dressing isn't even good all on its own, let alone using it to ruin peanut butter.

. . . but if it makes you happy, hey, go for it: You can have allll the ranch dressing, as long as there's some unadulterated crunchy peanut butter left for me.

I totally don't understand why so many people like ranch dressing so much. Every once in a while, I sample some to see if I've changed my mind. Meh, no. 😆

I like ranch dressing, but I don't understand the obsession of putting it on everything. I swear some people would drink it if they could. Like dipping pizza in it? Ugh. Yuck.

I like it for dipping raw veggies (though I like other dips better for that) and for canned asparagus (which I eat cold). That is pretty much it.