GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    W4, D1
    oyj5e27krnkh.gif

Curious... Has this thread run its course? Should I keep sharing or just let it fade?

I would love for others to contribute... It's kinda lonely in here!
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,214 Member
    W4, D1
    oyj5e27krnkh.gif

Curious... Has this thread run its course? Should I keep sharing or just let it fade?

I'll try and post more. I keep finding myself strapped for time in my morning workouts, sometimes such that I'm doing accessories in the evening after we put our son to bed.
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    W4, D1
    oyj5e27krnkh.gif

I love seeing what everyone's doing and their progress. I've gotten super serious with my program lately due to some strong goals I've placed in front of me. Sometimes at least until the program becomes not as new to me I tend to like to train in silence and share the results of the work.

That and I'm doing a lot of boring stuff to build up and improve my compound lifts. Doing some band work isn't really that sexy :smile:

Here's my volume from the deadlift portion of my training last night:
    zrbc5peoee33.jpg

Ignore the session length. I logged it after the workout last night.

I'll try to remember to share some of my progress.

Sidenote: You are KILLING IT! As always.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,400 Member
    I’m enjoying it.

I’d share but my piddly *kitten* weightlifting efforts are embarrassing (even if they are comparatively effective), and no one is generally filming yoga. And let’s face it, looking at an old woman trying to wrap body parts around each other……blechhhhh. It’s like those gross commercials they run during dinner time. There’s just never a “good” time for that.
  • KickassAmazon76
    I’m enjoying it.

I’d share but my piddly *kitten* weightlifting efforts are embarrassing (even if they are comparatively effective), and no one is generally filming yoga. And let’s face it, looking at an old woman trying to wrap body parts around each other……blechhhhh. It’s like those gross commercials they run during dinner time. There’s just never a “good” time for that.

I would be inclined to disagree! Every time I have seen you post, I have been inspired! You are amazing! As for band work, or yoga being "sexy" ... I think it all is. I think it's neat to see how different everyone's workouts are, and how people are adapting.

You are doing amazing. There is no weight minimum for sharing!
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    I’m enjoying it.

I would be inclined to disagree! Every time I have seen you post, I have been inspired! You are amazing! As for band work, or yoga being "sexy" ... I think it all is. I think it's neat to see how different everyone's workouts are, and how people are adapting.

You are doing amazing. There is no weight minimum for sharing!

I second this!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I finally made it back to the gym! Yes, my weights have dropped. I just gotta do what I can when I can.u488mbftsu3j.jpg
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    W4, D1
    oyj5e27krnkh.gif

Please keep posting, I for one find it inspirational. I really miss lifting. I don't post pics because I don't think anyone would find me walking particularly interesting lol. On the other hand, gifs of me skipping in the kitchen while trying not to wipe everything out might be entertaining to some :).
  • KickassAmazon76
    dsc84 wrote: »
    W4, D1
    oyj5e27krnkh.gif

I love seeing what everyone's doing and their progress. I've gotten super serious with my program lately due to some strong goals I've placed in front of me. Sometimes at least until the program becomes not as new to me I tend to like to train in silence and share the results of the work.

That and I'm doing a lot of boring stuff to build up and improve my compound lifts. Doing some band work isn't really that sexy :smile:

Here's my volume from the deadlift portion of my training last night:
    zrbc5peoee33.jpg

Ignore the session length. I logged it after the workout last night.

I'll try to remember to share some of my progress.

Sidenote: You are KILLING IT! As always.

These lifts make me salivate! I'll only see lifts like these in my dreams!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Jelaan wrote: »
    W4, D1
    oyj5e27krnkh.gif

Please keep posting, I for one find it inspirational. I really miss lifting. I don't post pics because I don't think anyone would find me walking particularly interesting lol. On the other hand, gifs of me skipping in the kitchen while trying not to wipe everything out might be entertaining to some :).

Thank you! Pics of your walk would be neat.. A time lapse of what you saw along the way. Skipping rope is hard work and totally good worthy! When I do it, I skip two, trip one. Lol not so much fun to watch. 😂
  • KickassAmazon76
    And I almost forgot how to do this...3vmkjdmqqkfc.gif

Yeah!! Making it look light and easy!!!
  • KickassAmazon76
    steveko89 wrote: »
    W4, D1
    oyj5e27krnkh.gif

I'll try and post more. I keep finding myself strapped for time in my morning workouts, sometimes such that I'm doing accessories in the evening after we put our son to bed.

I remember being there once upon a time. There were a couple years where my workouts started at 11pm. It's not fun, but totally worth it!
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,357 Member
    W4, D1
    oyj5e27krnkh.gif

I have not even went to the gym yet, since my back is giving me issues again.
    Might contribute in the future
  • KickassAmazon76
    edited July 2021
    Chieflrg wrote: »

Almost done with a reset block here & then kid I'm train wirh once a week askied me if we can goal out 750lb Hatfields squats soon. His 😒 when I tell him at maybe in November 😅😅😅

What a smooth squat, you make that weight look easy. Well done!

As for the goal... omg. I don't think my big three add up to that yet! lol

eta... I checked... Nope - they add up to 620! haha
  • KickassAmazon76
    W4, D2

Bench tonight was 105x5 and 3 sets of 100x7.

I wasnt feeling well tonight and it took me to my last set of bench before I felt like my lift was solid.

yo6s6vx927pu.gif
  • Mellouk89
    Mellouk89 Posts: 469 Member

lzocvws5h8ds.gif

What are the bands used for when curling? I don't see this very often.

Also do you do any direct ab work? They look very strong.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Mellouk89 wrote: »

lzocvws5h8ds.gif

What are the bands used for when curling? I don't see this very often.

Also do you do any direct ab work? They look very strong.

I loop the bands over the bar and the stand on them. They add resistance, which increases the deeper into the curl I go, which helps improve strength.

As for the abs, sometimes I do. They were originally built through boxing and a lot of ab work there, and I've just been able to maintain it. Doing heavy lifting engages the core, as well, further strengthening them.

Plus apparently there's some good genes in there... Though noone else in my family (immediate or extended) has them. Lol