• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Hi there and a warm welcome new members <3
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Hey all!

• funny_horsie
    funny_horsie Posts: 1 Member
    Hey everyone, hope you're all doing well.

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a guy who lives in the middle east and of course I am here to lose weight, as most of us probably are. I have done all sorts of diets in the past, with some success, and was able to keep some of the weight off, however I always end up yo-yoing some of it back eventually as I'm sure many of you might have issues with too.

I'm familiar with OMAD, however watching the OMAD revolution youtube channel did give me a bit of a wakeup call on my habits and behaviors in regards to eating and I'm looking to fix for good. As I approach closer to the age of 30 I'd like to make sure my weight problem is taken care of for good, and more importantly, my eating habits and relationship with food is completely changed.

I've always consistently done weight lifting as one of my hobbies so that will continue on OMAD. I've already been doing OMAD for a few weeks now so my body is quite used to it, however I'd like to see what your experiences are on OMAD as well.

Looking forward to seeing all of your progress and getting motivation from you all, and a special thanks to arguablysamson for his content. I think he has a lot of wisdom from his mix of failures and success over the years, and I wish i'd have found his content sooner.
  • arguablysamson
    Hey everyone, hope you're all doing well.

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a guy who lives in the middle east and of course I am here to lose weight, as most of us probably are. I have done all sorts of diets in the past, with some success, and was able to keep some of the weight off, however I always end up yo-yoing some of it back eventually as I'm sure many of you might have issues with too.

I'm familiar with OMAD, however watching the OMAD revolution youtube channel did give me a bit of a wakeup call on my habits and behaviors in regards to eating and I'm looking to fix for good. As I approach closer to the age of 30 I'd like to make sure my weight problem is taken care of for good, and more importantly, my eating habits and relationship with food is completely changed.

I've always consistently done weight lifting as one of my hobbies so that will continue on OMAD. I've already been doing OMAD for a few weeks now so my body is quite used to it, however I'd like to see what your experiences are on OMAD as well.

Looking forward to seeing all of your progress and getting motivation from you all, and a special thanks to arguablysamson for his content. I think he has a lot of wisdom from his mix of failures and success over the years, and I wish i'd have found his content sooner.

Welcome!

And thanks!

As for taking care of weight "for good," remember that it must always be managed. So the proper mindset is one of life balance/maintenance and perpetual rebirth of responsible effort.
  • marina50plus
    marina50plus Posts: 5 Member
    edited August 2021
    hello, i am al lady living in middle east, too. original from Europe. i am almost 50 years and i need to loose 40 pound/20 kilo, overweight. i am living vegetarian for 39 years and before 4 years i was living vegan for 15 years, very strong and i was for a few years with making weight watchers and 3 times in the gym hard training i was fine on my normal weight for years but always it came back, last time when i changed the country from Europe to Africa with all these nice cakes working in 5 star hotel all inclusive, so i could not hold my super clean vegan eating, i decided to eat the cakes, which was a good desicion because it was amazing, while walking in the job daily 15 and more kilometer i gained weight with eating big salad and sweets dessert, i changed to two meals a day, only lunch at 14 o clock and dinner at 19 o clock but going to the snack shop at night because of the stress in the job. so stress really make overweight cause i used the sweets to calm down and relax. last but not least i gained weight and stopped with 20 kilo too much and the work was feeling like hell in summer walking with 55 degree in the sun really. after corona march 2020 job finished and i work online relaxed and cook again my food. still vegetarian but most vegan, but i do not want to miss cheese sometimes and sweets.
    i started omad since one week in a eating window for 4 hours. mostly omad in eating window from one hour. it works fine. i am working online and it is very hot here at the moment, in the sun maybe 55 degree, so i do not leave the house much and work online. from all my experience with weight lost, i agree with jo, i saw his videos on you tube, that sport isn t the key for weight loss becauce it produces cortisol which bring stress and gaining weight. when i lost weight before i was running in fitness studios as well, but here it is quiet too hot, even the sea has temperature vom 31 degree at the moment. so in winter time i walk. i didn t bought a car here, instead of the stress from driving i go on my feet, take the bus or taxi if it is necessary. i guess you guy understand that it is enough sport going with over 30 degree in the night to the supermarket with heavy bags, smiley. this is really so hard that you need a shower after this and not only me, even the slim people, smile. and i eat what i want, even cheesecake. but if, only one piece and after normal food. lets see how it works out.i wish you all the best guys and hopefully you stay with me and lets rock it. yeah.
  • arguablysamson
    Welcome, Marina!
  • StarBirdie
    StarBirdie Posts: 5 Member
    Hello, I'm new to the group- I'm wondering if it's still active? I've tried OMAD on and off but would like to stick with it.
  • arguablysamson
    StarBirdie wrote: »
    Hello, I'm new to the group- I'm wondering if it's still active? I've tried OMAD on and off but would like to stick with it.

Hi,

Yes, it is still active. Welcome!

Love your username, btw.
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Welcome to all the new OMADers, we are definitely still here. OMAD is a great WOE that produces results. Please create a thread so we can share in your journey. This is a great group to be a part of.
  • Gramercy1
    Gramercy1 Posts: 22 Member
    Hi All -- dipping a toe in here to introduce myself as I've been reading the group threads for a bit. I am a 42 year old woman living in Europe, with about 11 more pounds to go to hit a healthy BMI, and another 10 after that to get to the weight where my work suits will all fit properly again. I had a look at arguablysamson's youtube channel and have been alternating days of OMAD vs. days of having an eating window of about 5 hours.

I have lost 5.2 kg/11 pounds in doing so and am starting to feel hopeful again for the first time in a very long time that I can get my weight under control so that I just quit thinking about it so much and letting it occupy so much of my brain space. Thanks very much to all of you for your great threads and great content, which I have found incredibly motivating.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Nice start!!! Welcome to the group!!! We're not the craziest active thread but we're all long-termers 😘
  • bikesarelife
    bikesarelife Posts: 5 Member
    edited September 2021
    ...your name or preferred username-- Mitch- From the southwest coast of Canada, Eh.
    ...your weight-- 235#, highest being 248# before this past spring
    ...your height-- 5'9"
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing--
    Have tried all kinds of plans (Paleo,noom etc.) (Noom has helped with my understanding of the psychological side for sure!) always with the same boomerang after a few weeks. I have had the most success with IF but still didn't work.. left too much time to grazing.. and I also tried to restrict the type of food I am eating (Keto diet) then to eventually another Binge happened. Was quite active up to the end of my teens with Mountain bike racing. slowly started to add the weight over the years as work took over life. Turning 30 this year and in the middle of a boomerang. Got turned towards OMAD on youtube.... this just feels different. Only just starting but I feel very confident with my past fasting experience (have done a 3 day fast before going into IF Previously)
    ...your goal weight range-- 160-185# (during my bike racing years I was 175)
    ...the time of your OMAD-- 12-4pm
    ...and your OMAD start date.-- 16-09-2021

I Feel in control of my hunger urges. 5 min rules works great. I got it this time.
    Another thing that made me believe OMAD would work( going against modern dietary recommendations) is that no one is charging money for it! so many success stories with lasting effects. I wish I knew earlier!

Cheers

Thank you so much for creating this page and taking the time to help others. I cannot thank everyone enough for all there experiences and tips and support.
  • arguablysamson
    Welcome!
  • MARILYNENA
    MARILYNENA Posts: 53 Member
    I am so pleased with the OMAD/keto I have lost 29 lbs since I started! I was amazed when following this way of eating, was not difficult at all!
  • arguablysamson
    MARILYNENA wrote: »
    I am so pleased with the OMAD/keto I have lost 29 lbs since I started! I was amazed when following this way of eating, was not difficult at all!

Welcome! You got this!
  • muscular81
    muscular81 Posts: 16 Member
    Hello my name can be found in The Iliad, take a guess if you feel playful.
    SW: 267
    CW: 253
    GW: 160ish

5'7"
    I like greasy meaty junk food. Not an alcohol drinker and sweets don't temp me. It's the damn's burgers and fried chicken's fault why I'm fat lol

Dinner is my OMAD time, just because I learned that willpower is an exhaustible resource that is replenished at night and used up throughout the day.
    I did OMAD here and there last summer (2020) and I have been doing OMAD M-F since the beginning of October '21. On weekends I have two meals.

I started doing it because I listened to a couple of Dr Fung's books and I was sold on what fasting does in terms of insulin resistance.

I recently had an experience that deepened my appreciation for it. One week my weight went up despite eating at a deficit and doing OMAD for 4 days. I know that fasting has way more benefits than limiting food/calories intake and for me I realized that even if I wasnt trying to lose weight I should do it for the following reasons:
    - It frees my time that I would otherwise use to go get food, or prep and cook food.
    - It saves Money
    - It allows me to eat occasional savory high-calorie meals without going over maintenance
    - During lunch break I walk and listen to audiobooks
    - I get sated with smaller meals
    - My body is training to have energy ready to go from stored sources
    - It inspires others
    - Fasting improves insulin resistance
    - Fasting trains and strengthens you willpower and patience
    - It gives your GI system a break (mine is working much better when doing OMAD most days)
    - Better sleep due to less indigestion
    - It automatically makes you part of a community of fasters which are knowledgeable and determined people

Thank you for reading, and send an FR if you feel we can get along
  • arguablysamson
    muscular81 wrote: »
    Hello my name can be found in The Iliad, take a guess if you feel playful.
    SW: 267
    CW: 253
    GW: 160ish

5'7"
    I like greasy meaty junk food. Not an alcohol drinker and sweets don't temp me. It's the damn's burgers and fried chicken's fault why I'm fat lol

Dinner is my OMAD time, just because I learned that willpower is an exhaustible resource that is replenished at night and used up throughout the day.
    I did OMAD here and there last summer (2020) and I have been doing OMAD M-F since the beginning of October '21. On weekends I have two meals.

I started doing it because I listened to a couple of Dr Fung's books and I was sold on what fasting does in terms of insulin resistance.

I recently had an experience that deepened my appreciation for it. One week my weight went up despite eating at a deficit and doing OMAD for 4 days. I know that fasting has way more benefits than limiting food/calories intake and for me I realized that even if I wasnt trying to lose weight I should do it for the following reasons:
    - It frees my time that I would otherwise use to go get food, or prep and cook food.
    - It saves Money
    - It allows me to eat occasional savory high-calorie meals without going over maintenance
    - During lunch break I walk and listen to audiobooks
    - I get sated with smaller meals
    - My body is training to have energy ready to go from stored sources
    - It inspires others
    - Fasting improves insulin resistance
    - Fasting trains and strengthens you willpower and patience
    - It gives your GI system a break (mine is working much better when doing OMAD most days)
    - Better sleep due to less indigestion
    - It automatically makes you part of a community of fasters which are knowledgeable and determined people

Thank you for reading, and send an FR if you feel we can get along

Welcome! You got this!!!
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 990 Member
    Hi, folks. I've been learning about OMAD slowly, but surely. Does anyone not follow the one-plate rule and consume their daily caloric intake? If so, how do you get 1200 calories and up, during that one meal? Thanks for your tips!
  • arguablysamson
    Hi, folks. I've been learning about OMAD slowly, but surely. Does anyone not follow the one-plate rule and consume their daily caloric intake? If so, how do you get 1200 calories and up, during that one meal? Thanks for your tips!

Use a sugar-sweet beverage. Don't worry--you will lose weight even faster, despite the sugar!
  • RosyDanielle
    RosyDanielle Posts: 99 Member
    Hi all,

I hope this in an active thread/group. I’m starting OMAD and would love to be part of a supportive community. I’ve done IF for years, usually two meals doing 16:8, but since moving continents and starting a new job a few months ago I’ve let myself go. So I’d like to do OMAD to get myself back on track and once I reach my GW will likely revert back to a more flexible 16:8, we’ll see :)

My specs and goals:
    CW: 61 kg
    Height: 166 cm
    GW: 52 kg
    Meal time will be dinner at around 6pm
    Start date: today/tomorrow (15 May 2022).

Anyone else with experience in losing ~9 kg (~20 lbs) with OMAD?