40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• Ander254
    Ander254 Posts: 187 Member
    Hey where can we join the 40 plus club?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,688 Member
    You just did via posting in this thread. Welcome... we'll expect your dues check in 36 hours, instructions to follow for which park bench seat to tape to the underside...

(Not really...we prefer cash over check...)
  • nossmf
    nossmf wrote: »
    My 2021 resolutions. I have one each for body, heart and mind.

Body: Workout 120 times in 2021 (only got 97 last year)
    Heart: Have 12 date nights with my wife (in addition to Valentine's, Anniversary and her birthday)
    Mind: Finish edits on second novel and submit to a publisher

To date, my progress:

Day: 174/365
    Body: 69/120
    Heart: 7/15
    Mind: 10% complete

Another cardio day done today.
  • nossmf

Heart: Have 12 date nights with my wife (in addition to Valentine's, Anniversary and her birthday)

To date, my progress:

Day: 175/365
    Body: 70/120
    Heart: 7/15

Back Day A complete.

• nossmf

To date, my progress:

Day: 179/365
    Body: 72/120
    Heart: 8/15

Since last update, I hit the gym twice, including Leg Day A and Push Day B.

I also went on a "high school" date with my wife, which meant going to a movie and splitting an ice cream sundae rather than a fancy dinner.
  • nossmf

To date, my progress:

Day: 180/365
    Body: 73/120

Cardio day complete.
  • nossmf

To date, my progress:

Day: 181/365
    Body: 74/120

Pull Day B complete

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    That's impressive!
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    plugers wrote: »
    47 here. Trying to get ready for summer, it's here already I guess. Lol. Made decent progress to cut, but now I'm stuck, hovering between 14.5-15.5% body fat. I'm shooting for 13%, I guess I need to buckle down harder.

Basically walking an hour every morning at 5:30 before work. 3mph 8% incline. Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday I lift , big 3 compound movements. The rest of the days I also walk another hour after work. I've been at it for about 4 months now.

eubq24w4c09a.jpg

Awesome job! 💪🔥💪
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Hi! I’m 41. I walk 3-4 times a day (I get 10-13k steps a day) and then 5 days a week I lift. I also recently started doing 10min on the stair stepper after lifting. I can’t really do cardio with my health issues, the stepper is almost more than I can handle. :) I have 47lbs to get to my goal weight, and that’s still way over what I’m “supposed” to be but idgaf.
  • nossmf

To date, my progress:

Day: 193/365
    Body: 76/120

Legs B and Push A complete. (Legs B was completed the day before I went on vacation, I never got online to record after.)
  • georgiapch70
    georgiapch70 Posts: 11 Member
    Hi all - I’ve been using MFP off and on for years but just starting to check out the community! I’m 50 and trying to concentrate on strength and longevity as opposed to focusing only on the scale. My overall goals are daily resistance training and cardio and a weight loss goal of about 10 lbs (to start). Just not sure what that 10 will look like with this approach. Not great with macros and meal planning yet but getting there. Excited to see so much enthusiasm and success here!
  • georgiapch70
    Out of curiosity, for you walkers, what’s your time? Right now I’m only at 15-16 min mile with quite a lot of incline (outdoors). Heart rate is up so that’s a good thing. Would like to improve but running would surely make me pass out. :)
  • I'm new here, but I'll be 40 in a couple of weeks! I'm finding that in the last 3 months, things have really, REALLY changed with how my body responds to exercise and nutrition. Things feel like they're going in reverse. I gained 35 pounds really fast at the start of pandemic, and I have not been able to get them to budge. At all. I've been at this weight (give or take 5 pounds) for a year. I've tracked calories, I've reverted to mechanisms that worked previously; but so far, it's all for naught. Can I hear from others who are on the perimenopause struggle bus?
  • Becky_p1972
    Becky_p1972 Posts: 25 Member
    Ok so, I'm 49!! Which pains me to write in the first place. My longterm goal is to lose 20 lbs. I'm short so it's been taking me a while. I've been up and down for months. Recently I started doing I.F. Have any of y'all had any success with it?
  • georgiapch70
    Ok so, I'm 49!! Which pains me to write in the first place. My longterm goal is to lose 20 lbs. I'm short so it's been taking me a while. I've been up and down for months. Recently I started doing I.F. Have any of y'all had any success with it?

I’m doing IF as well. Not extreme - 8 hr window. Not sure that I could go below that successfully. With my activity level up, my calorie allotment is higher than I’m used to and, with IF, I sometimes find it hard to actually meet the goal (ridiculous problem I never anticipated or experienced) if I’m eating the right foods. Off routine (not planning meals or staying aware of macros) I can blast right through those calories in no time.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    I am trying to re-motivate myself. Never have I ever lost my mojo like NOW.

I am going to work-out for thirty mins, every morning. Whatever I feel like, but I have to put in the time.

I am sad with how uninspired I am by weights - for a decade, I could lift iron like a passion. And it just LEFT me six months ago. Gonzo.

Anyway, yesterday, I did 30 mins of cardio. I am about to crawl into my workout wear and do 30 mins of weights today. BOOM.
  • nossmf

To date, my progress:

Day: 194/365
    Body: 77/120

Cardio day on the elliptical complete.
  • nossmf
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    I am sad with how uninspired I am by weights - for a decade, I could lift iron like a passion. And it just LEFT me six months ago. Gonzo.

Don't take this the wrong way...but stay away from me! I don't wanna catch whatever crazy disease made this change in you! lol