Went over calories gggrrrrr

Highly stressful day and I ate my way through it. Gggrrrrrr 😞😭

Went over by 300 calories.
Encourage me please!!!!

Replies

• Lhenderson923
    Lhenderson923 Posts: 102 Member
    That’s more than okay! Life happens! There will be days where you’re over and days where you’re under. What’s your rate of loss? If you’re aiming to lose 1lb a week, 300 calories is still under maintenance. I’ve lost 80lbs over the last 6 months, there have been many days that I have eaten over, and some days that I’ve eaten WAY over (talking like 1,000+ calories over). The scale may reflect it for a few days but it doesn’t really impact my progress.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Last Monday I (intentionally) went over by about four thousand.

I still lost last week. One offs rarely matter much. What you do most of the time does.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    if youre worried about one random 300 calorie over day, how are you going to handle the holidays?
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Really, you're fine. You need to live a little sometimes. :)
    Every weekend I indulge in a pint of Ben and Jerry's peanut butter cup ice cream, to the tune of 1470 calories. I might eat only veggies and fruits that day but I know I'm still over. The worst thing you can do is get stressed or feel guilt over it.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,812 Member
    Tomorrow is a new day
  • g2renew
    g2renew Posts: 145 Member
    You have lots of good info here😉.

For me, realizing this way of eating is my new lifestyle rather than a short term fix helped me not sweat the small stuff. There will be days i am over. There will be days i am under. It is what i choose the majority of the days that is important.
  • jagillham
    jagillham Posts: 19 Member
    Simple maths and averages. Skipping a meal can’t make somebody skinny, and going all out at the buffet once won’t make somebody fat. :)

So long as you are trending in the right direction, it will all be good. I’d not obsess on a per meal or even per day average, so long as you are winning on the weekly average.