Miz_Owl Posts: 3,026 Member
    72u1xsicnof3.png
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    This movie still freaks me out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bLyjGH4ZAE
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,433 Member

″‘Should I put this speck down? . . .’ Horton thought with alarm.
    ‘If I do, these small persons may come to great harm.
    I *can’t* put it down.
    And I *won’t!*
    After all A person’s a person.
    No matter how small.‘”

Horton (Dr Seuss)
  • honey_honey_12
    5kfbimw07v6v.jpeg
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    edited July 2021
    Save your backings boys because even ribs need em’ to come out perfect.

zn3xmsyxb4ds.jpeg

^ That’s a brand new quote. You can quote me on that. A couple few of you will get it.
  • PAWGliacci
    PAWGliacci Posts: 346 Member
    jbe1dpw9rz54.jpg
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    Now, more than ever before, the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption. If it be intelligent, brave, and pure, it is because the people demand these high qualities to represent them in the national legislature...If the next centennial does not find us a great nation...it will be because those who represent the enterprise, the culture, and the morality of the nation do not aid in controlling the political forces.
    James Garfield
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    I do not suffer fools, gladly, and fools with badges -- never.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    hof4r8enva8w.jpg
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    ahc052v7qa79.jpg
  • honey_honey_12
    ps7tb9fcv7r0.jpeg
  • SERobinsonJr
    SERobinsonJr Posts: 94 Member
    Context: Voyager 1, which had completed its primary mission and was leaving the Solar System, was commanded by NASA to turn its camera around and take one last photograph of Earth across a great expanse of space, at the request of astronomer and author Carl Sagan. The following quote is what came to his mind.
    2yghqcdmze4y.png
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    Nothing is permanent. This too shall pass... hang in there...

wl3ek2q0n2ae.png
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    edited July 2021
    He was so based it hurts.

The Problem of Evil..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCe8NUK4BjQ&t=318s
    Is that what God does? He helps? Tell me, why didn't God help my innocent friend who died for no reason while the guilty roam free? Okay, fine. Forget the one-offs. How about the countless wars declared in his name? Okay, fine. Let's skip the random, meaningless murder for a second, shall we? How about the racist, sexist, phobia soup we've all been drowning in because of him? And I'm not just talking about Jesus. I'm talking about all organized religion... exclusive groups created to manage control, a dealer getting people hooked on the drug of hope, his followers nothing but addicts who want their hit of *kitten* to keep their... their dopamine of ignorance, addicts afraid to believe the truth... that there is no order, there's no power, that all religions are just metastasizing mind worms meant to divide us so it's easier to rule us by the charlatans that want to run us. All we are to them are paying fanboys of their poorly written sci-fi franchise. If I don't listen to my imaginary friend, why the f... should I listen to yours? People think their worship's some key to happiness. That's just how he owns you. Even I'm not crazy enough to believe that distortion of reality. So f... God. He's not a good enough scapegoat for me.
  • honey_honey_12
    vssiux9jc0l0.jpeg
  • honey_honey_12
    ettqnpbyzfr4.jpeg
  • honey_honey_12
    “You give me the chuckles.”

eklv3qhns9jc.gif