WaistAways-July Chat 2021

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,089 Member
    07/13 exercise:

1669 steps and 77 minutes bicycling (moderate)
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    edited July 2021
    @jugar Good morning! I got a new stepper my steps for yesterday July 13
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    I know it doesn't count but my CW is 192.0. It was much lower yesterday but then we got caught out of the house on errands and I gave in to Hubby's request for mcdonalds. We will be back on track today now that the indulgence has been satisfied.
    I went back and looked at my weight loss chart on the app and I've been bouncing around in my 'goal zone' basically since April. I'm pretty happy here and seeing the scale over a pound higher than yesterday didn't stress me at all since I know I'm not hurting the team while I take this break.
    If I could learn to maintain this for life I would be satisfied at this size. Sure it would be nice to have a 'thigh gap' and zero muffin top, but I'm loving how clothes fit and how strong I feel.
    Its going to be rainy much of this week which will keep the power tools inside so I'm hoping to actually get to do a workout!!

I can't believe that makes me excited. That's the last thing I would have wanted to do with my downtime 2 years ago...

So crazy!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    That looks idyllic @conleywoods

I'm not feeling 100% today - my scalp is irritable and my stomach is unsettled. This may lead to me skipping a meal but I'm going to see what lunch does. Maybe I got a little too warm on our run yesterday; we went for an hour and it wasn't the fastest but we tackled a couple of big hills.

Yesterday I noticed that my heart rate was high (it had been climbing over the weekend and my resting heartrate was over 10bpm higher than normal) plus I got a stress warning from my watch. I know from researching running in the heat that heat can increase your heartrate but I didn't think it was that warm over the weekend.. I definitely had more caffeine than normal as it's difficult to get caffeine free soft drinks out and about, and I suppose I had a lot on which would increase my stress levels. In any case it got me to do a meditation with Headspace before bed which is not a bad thing. I think I'll either sit in the garden or go for a walk at lunch time and see if I can bring my energy levels down a peg.

Last night I did the 'daily movements' routine my new trainer wants me to do; these are stretches (at least this week). I have to do those again tonight in addition to foam rolling which I can't say I'm looking forward to! My new - smooth - foam roller has arrived so hopefully that will be less uncomfortable than the ridged one I have.
  • PlaneMonkey
    @DD265 foam rolling certain spots can be excruciating! Good luck. The smooth roller should definitely help
  • PlaneMonkey
    Its going to be rainy much of this week which will keep the power tools inside so I'm hoping to actually get to do a workout!!

I can't believe that makes me excited. That's the last thing I would have wanted to do with my downtime 2 years ago...

So crazy!

I spoke too soon. The weather has shifted and I will now be assisting in a deck storage barn-style door build after work instead of weight lifting and Pilates. Maybe Pilates can still happen after dinner. Fingers crossed!
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    edited July 2021
    CW: 220.3 :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
    @jugar I am really sorry but can I sit out this week. I have had a tough week and the last thing I want to do is get on the scale. Thank you for understanding.
    No problem - do not get near the scale! I hope you feel better soon :heart:

@ashleycarole86
    A soul-sucking day + biking + NOT using food to feel better = a pretty danged amazing accomplishment! Just think for a minute how that day with lots of overeating and zero exercise would have you feeling, and you will know how fantastic it is. Pack that formula up and use it often :smiley:

@DD265
    I hope you are having a nice calm sleep with no elevated pulse tonight. I am curious if your heart rate has any relation to particular foods. Since my 20s, I have had quite high pulse rates after eating sometimes. At first, it seemed just to be sugar or any rather over-enthusiastic consumption (stuffing myself!). After doing a kind of "elimination" diet, though, it was very clear it was not just sugar, but also a reaction to many grains - especially the more refined ones. Oatmeal is one of the worst, but anything made from flour can really get my heart racing. It only lasts for an hour or two, but it can make me feel anxious and stressed even when I am not doing anything stressful consuming any caffeine. I'm not sure if that is at all relevant to you, but it might be interesting to experiment.

@CurvyCalorie
    Congratulations on the new step counter! Great to have your numbers back pushing us along!

@EvMakesChanges
    WOW - 3.6 pounds this week! Good for you! After a long time of frustration, you are on the move for sure. Happy dance!

@PlaneMonkey
    I love your description of how you feel good and strong, happy with your body where it is now. And how you are happy to plan for exercise! I have to say that building a barn-style door has to be worth a good part of a workout for sure! I hope you got your Pilates too, just because it feels so good.

I have had a lot of "farmer's carry" exercise yesterday and today. Our well at the house does not have a very good capacity these days after so much dry weather (it is always a bit slow in July and August), so I cannot water the gardens near the house from the convenient outdoor taps. I have to carry water from the big garden where I have a huge barrel that gets filled by a pump from the stream all the way over to the house. I carry 2 3-gallon watering cans each trip, and it sure feels a lot more useful that it used to when I was just carrying weights around the gym!

I'm joining @DD265 by finally beginning my physiotherapy now that my long-suffering left buttock has healed. I am still quite uneven after sitting only on one side for a year, and I look forward to getting rid of the last vestiges of that experience. Crookedness begone!

Weigh-in update -
    due up through today:
    @graceojo999
    @MandiSaysHey
    @MoStacy

due Thursday:
    @ashleycarole86
    @eggfreak
    @marsipan100
    @bowens1973

Thanks!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    edited July 2021
    DD265 wrote: »
    That looks idyllic @conleywoods

I'm not feeling 100% today - my scalp is irritable and my stomach is unsettled. This may lead to me skipping a meal but I'm going to see what lunch does. Maybe I got a little too warm on our run yesterday; we went for an hour and it wasn't the fastest but we tackled a couple of big hills.

Yesterday I noticed that my heart rate was high (it had been climbing over the weekend and my resting heartrate was over 10bpm higher than normal) plus I got a stress warning from my watch. I know from researching running in the heat that heat can increase your heartrate but I didn't think it was that warm over the weekend.. I definitely had more caffeine than normal as it's difficult to get caffeine free soft drinks out and about, and I suppose I had a lot on which would increase my stress levels. In any case it got me to do a meditation with Headspace before bed which is not a bad thing. I think I'll either sit in the garden or go for a walk at lunch time and see if I can bring my energy levels down a peg.

Last night I did the 'daily movements' routine my new trainer wants me to do; these are stretches (at least this week). I have to do those again tonight in addition to foam rolling which I can't say I'm looking forward to! My new - smooth - foam roller has arrived so hopefully that will be less uncomfortable than the ridged one I have.

Sorry you aren’t feeling well. I have found, using my Fitbit, that my heart rate increases before I realize I’m sick. It stays elevated while I’m sick and I can guess when I am getting better as it starts to come down.

Did 16 minutes of Pilates this am. Busy day running errands then birthday dinner for hubby. I’m super tired and tummy is a little uneasy. That’s weird.

Loved the beach photos Kristy. Hope you’re having a great time.

Ev fabulous loss. Hope your shoulder feels better soon.

Have a good night!’

• ashleycarole86
    07/14 exercise -
    12,728 steps
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    @jugar steps for July 14
  • ashleycarole86
    Username ashleycarole86

PW 233.4
    CW 229.2
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 538 Member
    DD265 wrote: »
    @jugar I didn't think about the impact of food and instead fixated on the fizzy drinks which admittedly I don't track (zero calorie) but I should probably start. .
    I'm one who reacts immediately to *any* sweeteners. You may well have an intolerance as well to anything synthetic or even some of the "natural" ones like stevia and ethrytol (or however it's spelled). They all do a number on our digestive/gut system. Try replacing your zero fizzies with seltzer for 2 - 3 weeks. Add it back in and see how your body responds.
    Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.