Bulking on the go HELP!!!

So I work a VERY active job as a removal man, I'm weighing in at 11st 5lbs (last months weigh in)

right now and I've been bulking from the 10st 8lbs mark for about 3 months now.

I found a good balance of a big breakfast (cereals, toast, full fat milk, eggs, over night oats)
4 brown bread sandwiches' (chicken and different sauces or mayo)
carb/protein bars in-between meals (grenade no nuts or even belvita)
a micro meal (made myself pasta, seasoned chicken, sweet potato and veg)
a mass gainer shake
and then whatever else I can cram in at night even if its McDonalds!

Usually get around 3500 - 4000 a day in
(my goal is bulk bulk bulk bulk bulk, my metabolism is extremely fast even for being 30!)

Having gone from 10st to where I am now I am SICK of the same old 'on the go' meals and scared now because weight falls off me faster than I can eat!.

Anyone have any suggestions for other high calorie cold meals? I'm open to pretty much anything cost effective and not too hard to fling together, I can cook, i do meal prep twice a week, but chicken is getting so stale i can hardly be bothered cooking it sometimes!

Oh and having a nut allergy is the only thing that holds me back.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Replies

• wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Maybe look into nuts or nuts mixed with dried fruit. That's a lot of calories with some protein/fat/fiber in there too and it's a heck of a calorie whallop (walnuts are 800 calories a cup)
  • rossbilby1
    rossbilby1 Posts: 3 Member
    Maybe look into nuts or nuts mixed with dried fruit. That's a lot of calories with some protein/fat/fiber in there too and it's a heck of a calorie whallop (walnuts are 800 calories a cup)

As i said... I have a nut allergy :/
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    How about lots of butter and double cream? Cream can be added to shakes. Pours me over fruit.

Put loads of butter on your toast.

Add mayonnaise to chicken salad.

Pasta with a creamy salmon sauce.

Pizza is a calorie bomb.
  • GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member
    There's a really detailed thread on "hard gainers", which is what you're describing yourself as. Take a look at it:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    rossbilby1 wrote: »

As i said... I have a nut allergy :/

Darn it, I missed that. It's what I get for reading on a small screen - sorry!

My advice is definitely ultimately going to be fat, either way. Chicken thighs instead of breasts, 80/20 ground beef (or higher fat) and just ALL the oil and butter, both for cooking and dressing your veg/carbs. Replacing your full fat milk with some cream in your oats isn't a bad idea, either. You can even add some extra into things like cottage cheese and yogurt.

Just... watch your health overall.
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    How about overnight protein oats? You can add protein powder, full-fat milk and yogurt and if you can have it--sunflower butter. You can find recipes online to help get you started, then add what you like.
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Salmon is very versatile. You can sub it for chicken in sandwiches, pasta or whatever.

I see you have a nut allergy - what about seeds? Pumpkin or sunflower seeds flung into a salad will help. Pumpkin seed oil is fantastically tasty both in salad but also drizzled over vanilla ice cream.
  • Luluetduet8
    Luluetduet8 Posts: 49 Member
    edited July 2021
    Burritos from Mexican shops gotta hit like 1000 calories easy. Check our chipotle and then copy your favorite recipe at home.

Crackers cheese and meat is an easy one and you could probably hit 1000 easy with that type of snacking and it’s very little work on ur part to put together too. Add some olives mmmmm

Can you do like risotto? One huge batch? It’s delicious and easy to make and will last you days.

How about danishes or muffins? I’ve seen some protein muffins that would be easy to grab and go.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    Burritos from Mexican shops gotta hit like 1000 calories easy. Check our chipotle and then copy your favorite recipe at home.

Crackers cheese and meat is an easy one and you could probably hit 1000 easy with that type of snacking and it’s very little work on ur part to put together too. Add some olives mmmmm

Can you do like risotto? One huge batch? It’s delicious and easy to make and will last you days.

How about danishes or muffins? I’ve seen some protein muffins that would be easy to grab and go.

All sounds delicious but he’s a Brit so it’s more full English and McDonald’s
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    watts6151 wrote: »

Plenty of Mexican food in the UK (and McDonald's everywhere else).
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member

Guess it comes down to where you live in the uk.
    I have no idea where my nearest fast food Mexican take a way is
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member

Guess it comes down to where you live in the uk.
    I have no idea where my nearest fast food Mexican take a way is

I didn't read the question as looking for fast food takeaway options, the OP said they cook and meal prep so for that, you can certainly buy Mexican food ingredients in the UK. Indeed if you mean just takeaway places then I agree, it probably depends where you live.
  • rossbilby1
    rossbilby1 Posts: 3 Member

Love the risotto idea, gonna be trying that this week, have fell off my diet twice in the last 2 weeks (only for 2 days but it all counts!) And crackers and cheese I done for a bit but flinging some meat in there also now!

I done breakfast muffins in bulk before, froze them and left them to defrost over night, they were delicious! But my uncertain hours of work leaves me stumped for that kind of prep sometimes :neutral:

But thank you so much!