What book are you reading?

Replies

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    I did, in fact, reread Dead Heat. I always forget how much I enjoy her writing...not sure what I'm after next...
  • JustAMurmur
    JustAMurmur Posts: 7,867 Member
    Running on Empty - Jonice Webb
  • melaniedscott
    So I found a copy of Wild Sign by Patricia Briggs at Walmart over the weekend. I don't usually buy books there for many reasons but I bought it.

OMG!!! Totally WICKED! I like her books. Really. I've been reading her stuff since the Mercy Thompson series started (Iron Kissed about killed it for me, not because it wasn't good...but it was very...triggering). I went back and read all her earlier stuff. I like her. But this?!? WOW!
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    I just finished How The Word Is Passed by Clint Smith and can't recommend it enough. He has a way with words and even his prose can often sound poetic.
    I'm now listening to The Masked Rider: Cycling in West Africa by Neil Peart. The first of his traveling books that I had initially read almost 25 years ago.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Just finished Cell by Stephen King.
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    I just finished Five Little Indians a novel about what happened to 5 residential school survivors after they left the school.

• NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    3yh6ee2hamxd.png
    The Philosophers' Quarrel: Rousseau, Hume, and the Limits of Human Understanding
    ROBERT ZARETSKY
    JOHN T. SCOTT
    Copyright Date: 2009
    Published by: Yale University Press
    Pages: 264
    https://www.jstor.org/stable/j.ctt1nq9b1

**** I love this so far! Easily read, nicely written nonfiction about some beautiful men:)
  • melaniedscott
    Tanya Huff's The Better Part of Valor. Read Valor's Choice Sat and decided the series deserved another go. She's pretty funny.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Kindred by Octavia E. Butler
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    In my attempt to find something frivolous for light summer reading... Unwifeable: A Memoir by Mandy Standtmiller.

I'm just beginning, so don't yet know what I'm reading, but... Courtney Love described it as 'dark, messy, scary good', so I had to try it. Cannot imagine what Courtney could possibly consider dark.
  • PAWGliacci
    PAWGliacci Posts: 346 Member
    just finished The Fisherman by John Langan- one of the best horror stories and books I've read in years. highly recommend.

and just started The House on the Borderland by William Hodgson- old horror story that inspired a lot of writers of the same. good and creepy so far.
  • dlben007
    dlben007 Posts: 33 Member
    Our book club is reading How to Cook a Bear. A Swedish Sherlock Holmes story. A historical fiction.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Just finished Yes, We (Still) Can by Dan Pfeiffer. Not sure what my next book is going to be. Chuck Wendig's The Book of Accidents is coming out in a few days so I might hold off on starting another audio book, but I'm also in the middle of reading John Scalzi's Old Man's War.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Weird one, but "On Occult Philosophy" (De Occulta Philosophia) by Cornelius Agrippa. Translated because my Latin isn't quite that good...

And I started with vol. 2 because couldn't find vol. 1 :D
  • SERobinsonJr
    SERobinsonJr Posts: 94 Member
    zcihb636id0c.jpg
    Once you figure out what is actually taking place you better hope you have book 2.
  • melaniedscott
    Just finished Yes, We (Still) Can by Dan Pfeiffer. Not sure what my next book is going to be. Chuck Wendig's The Book of Accidents is coming out in a few days so I might hold off on starting another audio book, but I'm also in the middle of reading John Scalzi's Old Man's War.

Love John Scalzi!
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,048 Member
    The Castle of Crossed Destinies
  • Kindhearts30
    Kindhearts30 Posts: 1,723 Member
    4y76q4skle61.jpg
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,264 Member
    Richard Paul Evans. The Noel Diary
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 601 Member