Using Beer as motivation.

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but wanted to share.

The most direct route to my local watering hole is 1.19 miles.

This particular watering hole "rewards" it's customers with swag after so many beverages have been consumed, but only 4 per day... Those 4 can be 10, 16 or 26 ounces.

I am on the verge of getting to the ultimate goal of having my own stein hanging above the bar.

Sooo.... A not so brisk walk there, using a route that is at least 1.5 miles ( thinking about other patrons here, don't want to work up too much of a sheen)....

enjoy my 4 - 10 oz beverages.

Then a very brisk walk home, again making sure i'm going at least 1.5 miles.

That added to my daily 2 - 3 mile walk at lunch time.... So far so good.

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    edited July 2021
    I don't like beer, so it wouldn't motivate me.

Now pizza--that would motivate me.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Yeah, 40oz of beer in basically one sitting is still a lot - that's more than a quart. Is it that you get a reward after every 4 beers, period? Like they have a punch-card system or something? Or do you in fact have to consume those 4 drinks all in the same visit? If it's the second thing, that's unbelievably irresponsible on the part of the bar, weird that anyone would support that kind of frat-boy recklessness.

The OP said the bar will only count up to 4 beers a day for the promotion.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    Yeah, 40oz of beer in basically one sitting is still a lot - that's more than a quart. Is it that you get a reward after every 4 beers, period? Like they have a punch-card system or something? Or do you in fact have to consume those 4 drinks all in the same visit? If it's the second thing, that's unbelievably irresponsible on the part of the bar, weird that anyone would support that kind of frat-boy recklessness.

The OP said the bar will only count up to 4 beers a day for the promotion.

Ah, okay, I think I've parsed the meaning now. Still though, 4 beers is a lot of beers, even if they are short pours! If it's working for him then great, especially since he's not driving home, but...buddy, the bar will still be there if it takes you a month instead of a week to get that stein on the wall...
  • Zoomie402
    Zoomie402 Posts: 260 Member
    I'll run for wine and beer. I like a good sour myself. Dogfish Head Sea Quench Ale is my biggest running motivator. That said, I couldn't drink 4 in a day, but if it's working well for you and you aren't driving, you enjoy that pour!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,387 Member
    I like to reward myself with bears.

Beer spray or bear spray. Which is it?
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,387 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    lkpducky wrote: »

More likely that the bears reward themselves with you? 😮

Beer spray or bear spray. Which is it?

Perhaps some don't fully understand the very capable, outdoor-centric charm that is Mr. @NorthCascades, not sure? 🤣

Oh, I’ve seen and admired the photos. Especially the wildflower meadows!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,525 Member
    edited July 2021
    I love my share of bears too... but not registering their smell!

I think I would be even more concerned if the ones I run into adopt the OP's B.O. mitigation guidelines and stop stinking!

I prefer a solid structure between me and the smell!