Replies

• laurad1978
    laurad1978 Posts: 190 Member
    Highest weight 178lb
    Group start weight 167lb
    Goal 146lb

Last week's weigh-in: 150.0
    This weeks weigh-in: 148.4

Another week of mini bouncing, lowest this week was 148.0. Was thinking I wasn't loosing anything until I logged in here and saw last week's weight. Putting a lot of effort in at the moment and it feels like it's really slow to see results, overall its 3lbs in the last month which is actually really good as I get closer to goal. Just getting impatient to see 146lb on the scales.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 3,164 Member
    Highest weight 275.5 lb
    Group start weight 180 lb
    Goal 150 lb

Lowest recent weigh-in: 167
    Last weigh-in: 176.4
    This weeks weigh-in: 175.4

What a treat this morning....haven't been at this weight since March. That "moderation" thing just doesn't seem to work for me - though I did manage to maintain my weight for the past month and a bit. Wanted to be losing though.

Great progress @laurad1978 - it really does become harder the closer you are to your goal weight. You have been working it so well - your progress has looked so even and steady from this side of the screen - though I'm sure it doesn't feel like it from your side.
  • laurad1978
    @lauriekallis wow your exactly 100 down from highest - and only 25 from your ultimate goal! that's some achievement 👏👏👏 I think its really important to not get disillusioned at this point and just keep hoping back on the wagon.

Also I need to remind myself one year ago I would have dreamt of being here and regularly said I wouldn't care if it took me 12 months to loose the last 7lbs. In reality it happening a lot faster than I hoped for.

This group wasn't called persistence for nothing.
  • lauriekallis

P E R S I S T E N C E
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 595 Member
    Oops, I missed Wednesday, but here at last.

Highest weight 165lb
    Group start weight (Feb 6th 2021) 143.3lb
    GW 125lb
    Last weigh-in 141.4
    This week 140.6

Very slow weight loss here too - but I am definitely improved in other areas. Since starting to workout in January I have got noticeably fitter and stronger, and improved my balance quite a lot.

I feel like I am now comfortably making healthier choices for myself (most of the time). I no longer feel like I am on a diet or specifically trying to lose x-amount of weight - now I just focus on small habits and decisions that better match where I want to be. It's definitely a slow process, but I am seeing the results of the better choices I have made up until now, and still have goals to work towards 💗
  • lauriekallis
    Sounds like you are making real progress @jo_nz ! The kind that will last. Good for you!
  • laurad1978
    Highest weight 178lb
    Group start weight 167lb
    Goal 146lb

Last week's weigh-in: 148. 4
    This weeks weigh-in: 149

I'll be interested to see body composition when I go back to dietitian. Weight sticking at around 147.5 - 149 the past few weeks. Still in calorie deficit and exercising quite a bit so I might be gaining muscle.
    Anyone else just done with covid? Were still in semi lockdown but indoor dining should be coming back end of the month. Our vaccines are going well with 80% due to be complete in the next few weeks.
    I'm really really looking forward to a holiday now 🤞I can get a week's sunshine in soon.

• laurad1978
    @lauriekallis and @jo_nz we all seems to be slowly moving in the right direction. Also all three of us seem to be making long term sustainable changes as opposed to quick fix. Nice to see we're all still chipping away at it and not becoming disillusioned.
  • lauriekallis
    Highest weight 275.5 lb
    Goal 150 lb

Last weigh-in: 175.4
    This weeks weigh-in: 174.6

Had the grandson with me this week and time and mornings (and days and evenings) are such a whirlwind I lose track of everything!

Today's weigh in is good - I think I'm due for a good drop - maybe next week? I've been supercareful about maintaining a good deficit, and nothing else has changed but the weight is staying kinds the same for 5 days....that usually means "a change is going to come" :)

Great to see your posts @laurad1978 you have such a great attitude it makes it across the ocean/or through the airwaves and I feel positive too.

I'm so done with COVID! Things are really loosening up a lot here - almost too quick for me right now - hopefully all stays good!
  • jo_nz
    Highest weight 165lb
    GW 125lb
    Last weigh-in 140.6
    This week 141.0

Small increase this week, but I am actually pretty happy with that - hormones usually have me up a pound or two at this time of the month, so a small increase is better than a big one.

And I am super excited I have ordered a spin bike!! 🚴‍♀️ It should be here by early next week, so I will be able to get going soon - winter here at the moment, so not getting so many big walks in.
  • lauriekallis
    @jo_nz Good work - and such nice awareness of your body. This should equal a nice drop in the next few weeks.

I've been thinking of an exercise bike because I injured my shoulder almost two years ago exactly - waiting and waiting for surgery during the pandemic - so I can't tolerate the pressure cycling brings to my shoulder. Some of the stationary bikes offer a more recumbent position which might work well. It is summer here - so still lots of walks. But no cycling in 2 years! :( Maybe this winter??? Hope it works well for you.
  • lauriekallis
    Highest weight 275.5 lb
    Goal 150 lb

Last weigh-in: 174.6
    This weeks weigh-in: 173.6

No anticipated "big drop" - just painfully slow return (hopefully) to my lowest weight in March. Patience!!!! I seem to havd the perseverance, but sometimes that patience is really wearing thin.
  • laurad1978
    Was at dietitian today and very little change in the past six weeks. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. My muscle mass is very good and the fat percentage is where she wants it to be. Overall I'd like to be 7lbs lighter. I mentioned I still didn't feel toned and that I still had fat to loose, she gently explained that in your mid 40s you won't get the *kitten* and abs of an 18 year old 😂
    Calories have been upped from 1200 to 1400 in the past six weeks and she now wants me on 1600. This seems huge but overall she wants me on closer to 1800. Also to let the last 7lbs take as long as they like to come off, but again she is happy with where I'm at.
    Im finding it great having a professional go over the results and make tweeks in an educated way as opposed to me just looking at a number on the scales. Was seeing her ever 6 weeks and we've pushed it to 3 months now.
  • laurad1978
    Highest weight 178lb
    Group start weight 167lb
    Goal 146lb

Last week's weigh-in: 149.4
    This weeks weigh-in: 147
  • laurad1978
    @jo_nz a spin bike is great for winter - plus you can stick it in front of a TV 😊
    @lauriekallis nice to see your dropping but yeah I get the patience wearing thin. I'm all zen today after my appointment but let's see how long that lasts 😂 I'm sure I'll be back swearing at the scales in a few days!
  • laurad1978
    Highest weight 178lb
    Group start weight 167lb
    Goal 146lb

Last week's weigh-in: 147.0
    This weeks weigh-in: 147.4

Another week of bouncing on the scales, was down to a low of 146.6 so hoping I see more of that. I'd like to long term settle into the low 140's but not stressing about how long it takes me to get there. I've upped my calories to 1600 a day from 1200 and delighted weight isn't going up with it. Dietitian has me eating more fat. It's something I would have always avoided when watching weight and TBH Im not a massive fan of nuts and avacados and other high fat foods so kinda feels like a waste of calories...... Dietitian was unfortunately not on board with my plan of getting additional fats from cake 😂
    Overall a good balanced week and definitely doesn't feel like a diet, mentally I think I've switched into maintenance mode. I think I can honestly say this is the first time in my life I've felt like I was at a lower weight and it felt long term sustainable and not like I'm constantly missing out and having to restrict myself.
    Just a tip that dietitian gave me, she is adamant that is you go out to dinner or have an occasion that puts you over your maintenance calories never cut calories from other days and meals to allow for it - work then off with exercise calories. Long term the starve/binge is really bad for you and your metabolism. That kinda contradicts intermittent fasting though 🤔
  • jo_nz
    Highest weight 165lb
    GW 125lb
    Last weigh-in 141.0
    This week 140.6

My weight has been up most of the last week, and just starting to drop back in the last couple of days - now back to where I was 2 weeks ago 🙄

Just chugging along here - kids back to school this week after 2 weeks off, so settling back into routines.
    I need to work on planning my work lunches - anyone have brilliant ideas?
  • lauriekallis
    Good work, Ladies.

Can't weigh myself...lol...Monday I was up almost ten pounds. Mostly because of sweeling from a bee sting (little bugger!) but then I ate a bit more because I was grumpy about the same sting. Got a bit puffier since Monday, then it was just my arm, yesterday it was everywhere ! but now it is starting to go down. Can't imagine seeing the number on the scale though, so just not going to go there.

Maybe come the weekend? Or maybe I'll just wait until next Wednesday.
  • laurad1978
    jo_nz wrote: »
    I need to work on planning my work lunches - anyone have brilliant ideas?
    My go to lunch most days is a bowl of homemade soup, cook a big pot every weekend. (potato, Leek, celery, carrot, onion - anything else lying around, stock cube and herbs).
    Then I have either a sweet potato wrap, slim bagel or wholegrain Pitta bread and whatever filling. Lunch normally comes in at 300kcal and is really filling.
    I've a great recipe for mushroom soup if you want it.
  • laurad1978
    Have the mushroom soup here to hand:
    2 cloves Garlic
    1 leek
    1 onion
    Thyme
    (Saute for 5 mins in 15g Butter and Frylite)
    add 250g Buttom Mushtooms
    2 x tablespoons soy sauce
    (Saute for another 5 mins)
    add 2 medium copped potatoes
    (Saute for another 5 mins)
    add 1.5lt Chicken Stock
    Simmer for 45 Min and then blend