July 14 Sign In

Replies

• SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,829 Member
    @readyornot1234 - might not help, and it's hard to breath that way

@rangerrickL and @summerskier - I owe you both messages. they are coming when I sit again. Doing the NSV opener, then getting a little sleep.
  • _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,722 Member
    Pass day. Did well with chow. Not so much with exercise. No winners circle, but still in the running for champions.
  • alligatorob
    alligatorob Posts: 736 Member
    yes, yes and yes, another good day.

Still just 2 passes this month, so there is some chance. However I have some vacation coming up so am not sure, but I'll try.
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Yes x 3
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    edited July 2021
    Hello everyone! Thank you @SModa61 for checking on me!

I am just coming up for air today. After returning from our weekend road trip, I got some very bad news about one of my dearest friends. One of the healthiest people I know - great shape, ideal diet, full of energy - was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, though she was symptom-free. It just doesn't make any sense at all . . .

Hi Jenny,
    @JennyRebecca1978

I was so saddened to hear this. I hope all will Improve in the coming months. There is often much they can do; I will hope this is the case for your dear friend.

Feel free to message me if you need to “talk.”

One thing that someone told me
    when faced with news like this is “never underestimate what the medical
    community can do..” and he was right. New meds, clinical trials… and it sounds like she is strong & in good shape.

Thinking of you
    🌸Maddie
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,667 Member
    @Twistedsassette – welcome to the group. I hope you find it a supportive group and helpful to meeting your goals.
  • lesdarts180
    @_JeffreyD_ We can all be champions!

@thabit11 – I hope you are feeling better now. You are doing well to keep checking in and we’ll see you in the Champions circle.
  • lesdarts180
    @JennyRebecca1978 – so sorry to hear about your friend, look after yourself and you will be better able to look after her.
  • lesdarts180
    @ashleycarole86 Well done resisting temptation! And dancing is such a fun way to exercise – I should do it more often.
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,125 Member
    July 14

Exercise: 76 minutes mountain biking, 55 minutes stretching and PT exercises

Tracking: yes
    Calories: under

Pass days: 0
  • lesdarts180
    @seilidhe So sorry to hear about your daughters bike.
    The thieves are so quick, there’s so little you can do. My boyfriend actually saw the *** who took mine, just walked past, cut the lock cable without pausing and rode off. My friend got out of the restaurant door and across the road as quick as he could but had no chance. I feel your pain on the reporting – I spent hours on police and insurance claims, and I will be about £300 out of pocket even with the insurance money.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,977 Member
    Happy birthday @Chinkiri hope you had a beautiful day! Xox
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,829 Member
    @seilidhe We rent a storage unit in Maine. Two weeks ago we got a call and their agent noticed our lock was missing from the unit. He checked and it looked undisturbed. Turns out thing were missing, a replacement door to a boat mini fridge, a cheap rod/reel, the wet vac, and the battery lights we use when in there. They left all the expensive stuff. We are so so confused........ *and irritated". So sorry they took your good bike. People can be such jerks.

Hubby refuses to make a police report. "not worth it." IMO the police should know even if we have no expectation of return, or making a report.
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,138 Member
    @Chinkiri Congratulations on your 70th birthday! Wishing you all the best in this coming year!
    @JennyRebecca1978 So sorry to hear about your friend 😓

Yes x 3 today.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    @seilidhe - that absolutely sucks. What is the matter with people? I am so sorry you and your daughter have to deal with this.

@SModa61 - you have to wonder what was going through their head. Usually it’s electronics they go for.
  • Higa2021
    Higa2021 Posts: 106 Member
    @JennyRebecca1978 Oh dear how sad, im so sorry!!! Xox

@Higa2021 wow ur doing great with the no sugar.. well done!!!! Hve u found that now ur not eating it u crave it less?? Xox

I crave it every evening! I am fine all day but the time after dinner is the hardest. I feel really heroic today. I kept thinking how happy I was going to feel when I got up and thought it was 6/14...less than half the days.