Possible to correct Garmin history?

Options
NorthCascades
NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
My watch had a blip today and thinks I did a lot of very intense exercise. I finished a walk, saw 4 days recovery time, and it looks like my training load is up by 2x to 3x.

I generally don't the training load feature pretty useful. This phantom exercise it thinks I got today threw everything off, and now the guidance on how much exercise is too much doesn't make sense.

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Is it an actual exercise session? If so, you can delete it (three dots at the top of the activity). I have no idea how it affects the training load aspect though, but it's worth a shot?
  • NorthCascades
    Options
    I found it in a short walk from Saturday, with as much "load" as about ten hours of road cycling. 😳 You're probably right @Lietchi I bet if I delete it all will go back to normal. I don't want to lose the history of the walk, I'll see if it's possible to edit first.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Dude, I feel your pain! It eventually happens to everyone.

I haven't done it, but I understand that it's possible to export a track, edit it in a track editor (see link below), and then import back into Garmin Connect (or Strava or wherever). Then you would delete the original faulty track.

But, I have no idea if this will fix the automated training advice! If you try it, let us know!

http://www.gpstrackeditor.com/download
  • kcjchang
    kcjchang Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    If you convert it into a text file, like tcx, you can comb through it by hand. For simple fix, try www.fitfiletools.com. For more hands on manipulation, I use Golden Cheetah. WKO will do it but not very user friendly (and painfully slow if you are not on apple).
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You can delete or edit any activity in Connect or on the website.
  • YellowD0gs
    YellowD0gs Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Yep, use Garmin Connect to edit the activity.
  • NorthCascades
    Options
    My laptop isn't working, and I can't do this from a work computer, which leaves me only my phone. I don't want to delete the activity entirely, have editing the xml sounds necessary, but I'm not sure if it's possible with the computing environment I have available to me. On the other hand it's about to age out of my 7 day training load. 🙂