NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,546 Member
    Morning all, I didn't really exercise yesterday, but you know a almost 3 year old running through the house saying I am going to catch you, making you jump over her bed, around the kitchen Island....I think that was exercise..LOL I did way better on eating. so that's a plus. We will see come Monday on WI..LOL

@theslightedgeforever I don't remember raking leaves...maybe someone else got that chore. :). I will think about the reading and then exercise after a chapter...how long are your chapters..LOL. I love walks in the morning...just don't get to do them right now.

@trooworld YOU ARE SO TALENTED. I love all those things you made. It's a way to keep your hands busy and out of food..LOL. That's my plan, but the plan never comes forth. LOL.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,781 Member
    @theslightedgeforever No, I'm on the WW blue plan now, I switched about 3 months ago. That plan sounds like a recipe for disaster, I'm glad you are back to your normal plan now. :) Thank you re: my crafts and jewelry. I had fun making them. ((( GOOD JUJU VIBES ))) coming your way. I'm going to need those next week, I've not been tracking and it will be hard to get back on track.

@cbabie That's definitely exercising lol! ((( SKINNY VIBES ))) for Monday's weigh-in. Thank you re: my crafts...it does keep the hands busy and out of food! I hope you can get to doing crafts soon. <3

Hi all. Today is the day my BFF arrives. I can't wait. We are going to have so much fun! Unfortunately, there is a heatwave here right now. But that won't stop our fun! :D

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld I love all the crafts! Especially those earrings! Very on-trend right now. ;)

@theslightedgeforever That is great that you have your SIL to send your mom to. I do not have that luxury. When mom comes back next week she is here for good and I plan to get over myself and make the very best of it. How is your mojo today? Did you find it yet? :)

@cbabie Being chased by a 3-year-old is definitely good exercise! I can’t wait to see my little great-niece on Monday. She is the best part of having to go down to Florida. :grin:

Hello, I’m here! I’ve been busy the last few days doing a bunch of deep cleaning and getting ready for my trip on Monday. DH asked why I’m cleaning so much, and I told him that if I died, I didn’t want him to worry about the bathroom rugs needing to be washed. He said if he ever noticed that they did, he would just buy new ones. :D I started a new workout program called 4 Weeks of the Prep. The trainer is great and really makes the intense workouts fun and fast, which is something I enjoy. My eating has been really good too. I know that I will go off plan some on Monday and Tuesday, so I’m trying to minimize the damage. I have also decided to try to eat my bigger meal at lunchtime and have a much smaller dinner. I find that I don’t lose well if I don’t go to be at least a little hungry every night and I’ve not been doing that. Speaking of lunch, I’m starving a spicy tuna chaffles is calling my name! :grin:
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    I'm here. I'm slowly getting back to my mojo. I walked 58 min yesterday. Tracked one meal. That's about it. Oh, I journaled. That really helps me. I'll get back to it.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    I’m still here, too. Dd & gkids came on the 30th, she left today. We will take gkids home on the 22nd. Movement good, but eating is not so great. I don’t like using my food scale around them, so serving sizes might be a little off. We have gone to zoo, movies, pool, & Adventureland.(amusement park) GS wants to go fishing, so hoping there will be a few dry days. So dry earlier & now a lot of rainy days.
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you! I hope your trip to pick up your mom goes well.

@theslightedgeforever I'm glad to hear you are getting your mojo back. Yes, you will get back to it.

@RetiredAndLovingIt Enjoy the time with your grandkids. Your business sounds like mine for the past 2 weeks.

Hi all. My BFF leaves this morning. I've been so busy, been walking a lot. Here's a picture from our adventures yesterday: we went to La Jolla to see the sea lions. While she was here, we pretty much went to all areas of our city. We ate some good food and some mediocre food that was over-rated. I had a lot of fun. I had about 10 people come to my art opening on Saturday, people I hadn't seen in a long time. It was nice. It was nice to see everyone but I'm glad my company is going home. Time to get back on track. I go back to work today.

• cbabie
    Morning all, I didn't do so well over the weekend. It rained here on Saturday and I tweaked my knee that I broke years ago. Thankfully today it is WAY better. I ate way too many mint fudge cookies and well that about sums up my weekend. LOL. I did weigh in and lost .2 lbs. If I don't change my ways it will be back up .2 next week LOL

@trooworld So glad you had a good time with your BBF and your art opening went well. It's funny when we are glad we can have our live back before company or family or what ever ..LOL. Glad you had a nice break from your normal routine.

@RetiredAndLovingIt You are fine...grandkids grow too fast to let serving sizes be exact..LOL. You will get back to it when they go home and I am sure you will have great memories for them and they will have their memories that are priceless.

@TeresaW1020 We as women drive our DH crazy with the things that are important to us, but I can tell you my DH drives me just as crazy with his thoughts. LOL. Hope your trip is good and enjoyable. Congrats on the eating plan. I love how you are always tweaking and changing to find the right plan for the right season in your life. Great job.

@theslightedgeforever You are making a comeback...you got this.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @cbabie I'm sorry about your knee but glad it is better. Congrats on the loss, you are moving in the right direction unlike me!!! It is funny...I was so looking forward to them coming.

Hi all. I had so much work waiting for me when I got back yesterday, I have to go in another day to catch up. Today, though, I go back to the dentist for the completion of my crown. At least I get off at 1:30 lol. I may go back if I'm done early enough but I doubt it. My eating was pretty good yesterday, even though I was starving in the afternoon I did not go to the vending machines at work nor the cafe.

• cbabie
    Morning I did within my budget of food yesterday, except I wanted PB so I had it. It put me over on fat grams, but I was good on calories. LOL Still no exercise, and today isn't looking promising. I have been up since 3:30, can't sleep for some reason.

@trooworld I am sorry you have so much work to do, but it kept you busy and not bored. LOL. Boredom leads to eating for me at times. Oh what am I saying everything leads to eating for me LOL. Thanks for the congrats, you too will be going back down in numbers...little obstacles, but you haven't given up the ship.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @RetiredAndLovingIt Are you keeping up with the exercise? Just curious why you don't want to measure your food around them? Sounds like you are having so much fun with your grandkids. Enjoy.

@trooworld So overall how did you do when you had company? What would you do differently for next time? Hooray for not going to the vending machines. That's progress. When I first read BFF I thought boyfriend and thought Troo has a boyfriend now? I have been gone a while. Sea lions are fun. I would enjoy that. 10 is an impressive number for your showing.

@cbabie Sorry about your knee. How about do some arm exercises while you heal? Some flexibility exercises to keep up the daily habit of exercise.

• trooworld
    @cbabie That's good you were good on calories, well done! I'm sorry you can't sleep. Yes, the work kept me busy and will keep me busy today lol. Boredom definitely leads to eating for me, too. No, I haven't given up the ship, I WILL get there! <3

@theslightedgeforever So-so. I made some good decisions but a lot of bad decisions. I don't think I would do anything differently next time, I enjoyed myself and I think I would take the hit again. HAHAHAHA about the boyfriend! I love to see the sea lions. There is a real problem with people going up to the sea lions and taking selfies. So much that they had to put up signs and now there are "watchers" to make sure people aren't doing dumb things like that. Yeah, 10 was pretty good, I expected half of that! My husband couldn't come because he was still feeling sick.

Hi all. It's been so hot here and I can't sleep in the heat so we have been running the AC every night. Our electric bill will be sky high but I need to be able to sleep. I ate pretty well yesterday, I did have a snack that wasn't healthy (it was one of those Pepperidge Farms meat and cheese mini trays) but other than that, it was on point. I have to go back to the office today. At least we don't have to wear our masks anymore if we are vaccinated, so that's good.

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Another heat wave is here so won’t be any cardio plus the toe. Plan on doing a fit on workout later on then will be busy doing book work today. Hubby only works the morning tomorrow (drives truck) so going to go for a ride with him then off to the lake. Have friends camping with us this weekend so going to be another fun one.
  • cbabie
    Morning all, it rained and thundered here so loud that it woke the house...baby girl was scared. Sounded like someone ran into our house. LOL. So it will be MUGGY here today. So probably no outdoor adventures. Ate my emotions again yesterday...working on that shield around me. I am taking this class about lies concerning our self worth and it's really interesting how we as women look for our value, in other people. I take things too personally. LOL

@trooworld I am so sorry your DH was still sick, I do hope he is better now.. I love that you can look back and say I wouldn't have done anything different!! Good for you.

@renaegry Enjoy your weekend.

@theslightedgeforever don't have a response..LOL. not sure what I will do. (make it through the day) :)

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited July 2021
    @trooworld Alright, company is gone back to business. How are you doing on the water today? I'm sick of hot weather and ready for fall.

@renaegry I see you have a heat wave too. Did you get your exercise done?

@cbabie Interesting class. What can you do besides eat your emotions?
    Unhelpful thought: I don't want to think about the problem. I just want to eat.
    Helpful response: Eating is just a short term fix that will make me feel even worse in the long run.

94/100 Red
    5 min YouTube video
    50% water

• trooworld
    @renaegry Have fun.

@cbabie Ick I hate that weather! I take things too personally, too. I'm very sensitive. He is better now, thanks.

@theslightedgeforever I did excellent with water yesterday: I drank at least 75 oz of water plus 2 tumblers full of coffee. How did you do? I'm ready for fall, too.

Hi all. I did pretty well yesterday: I stayed out of the vending machines and the cafe and I tracked on Tuesday but I did not track yesterday. I will track today right after I'm done typing this response. Actually, I just went back and tracked yesterday and today. Yay me lol. I'm checking into a boxing gym. I realize I need to exercise but do better in group settings. I like boxing and this boxing gym is more fitness than sport. I do have some concerns about it: parking, how often do classes fill up? My husband wants me to do a boxing workout before I sign up to make sure I can do it, so I found something on YouTube and I'll do it today. I've done boxing before so I think I can do it. The first month at this place is $59 for unlimited classes, after that it spikes to $135 however I can also buy class passes in bulk but it's cheaper to do the unlimited by about half the price.

• theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld woohoo on your water. I got 50%. Boxing sounds fun. I did a kickboxing class once. I think I was too out of shape at the time. Had I been about 30 lbs lighter it would have been fun. When I was young I liked group settings like aerobic classes but now I'm older I like working out on my own. Although having a set time for "exercise" has its advantages. I was reviewing some old notes that I had from a book I did in 2019. I probably told you these then but telling you again. :D

Escape the 24/7 Treat Trap

Consider making guidelines for how many office treats you will eat.

a. one treat a day but none in the office.

b. No treats in the office until Friday after lunch

c. You can have an office treat but you will have to eat it out of the office once you are home.

If you are tempted to break your rule, then remember that every time matters.

d. Bring a healthy snack with you so you won't be tempted.

125/164 Yellow
    Did not exercise
    50% water

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld That is great that you are into doing a boxing class! I tried to do a Beachbody boxing program, but my back didn’t appreciate the fast moves, but it was fun. And I say if you can afford it and like it then go for it! Getting exercise is so very important and most of us don’t get near enough. :)

@cbabie We are having the same muggy weather and I’m looking out the window now at an approaching storm that will have my dog barking in outrage. I agree that we women often take into account what people think about us much more than we should. You deserve much more than that! <3

Hello! I’m back from Florida. I actually came back Tuesday afternoon but was wiped out all day yesterday and today I had to go to work. Mom is very happy to be back in her room with nothing to do. It wasn’t a good idea for her to go because she really isn’t in good enough physical shape to take care of a house and three small kids. But none of us realized it until she was there and trying to do what was needed. Thankfully, my niece’s oldest son’s father has moved in, and he will be the help, my sister until she is fully recovered. She is doing very well and is improving daily. I’m working on getting the extra weight off that I put on while traveling and on Saturday, I’m starting another round of the data driven fasting. This time, I’m really going to give it my all and that means I’m even going to track my food. I hate tracking but I also need to know where I stand with my macros and make sure that my protein intake is high enough.
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Thanks! 50% is better than 25%. Boxing is a lot of fun and it burns calories like mad. I'm concerned I won't be able to keep up. Thank you for the Treat Trap information, that's very helpful. I'm going to aim for bringing a healthy snack with me.

@TeresaW1020 Yeah, my only concern is not being able to keep up. We'll see. It's really muggy here, too, believe it or not! Good luck with the tracking. I find it makes a difference for me.

Hi all. I've been doing very well with eating since my company left. I did the trial boxing video from YouTube yesterday but was disappointed that it wasn't more boxing, it was mostly doing other stuff. I couldn't do some of it (burpees and planks) but I tried to do what I could. This concerns me because I don't want to not be able to do the boxing class. My next step is to go by the boxing place and see what a class is like, observe. And then I will ask if they have a free trial class. If not, I will pay for one class.

• cbabie
    Morning all, It is raining here. We are finally getting some rain this year. We need it so much. 2020 was just not a good year for rain, covid, etc..LOL. We all had so high hopes for 2020..But you know I think it made us appreciate what we are doing in 2021. LOL I didn't eat well the last 2 days, but I am tracking so I KNOW I am not eating well. You can't change what you don't track they say. I did go for a walk day before yesterday, until I got TOO HOT..then later swam in my pool for about 1/2 hour, so I just keep trying.

@trooworld You plan on the boxing sounds like a great plan. Yea on the eating...at least one of us is doing well. :).

@TeresaW1020 So glad you are back and safe and hopefully rested. Glad your sister is doing well and it's working out with the father of the niece. You just like to track...LOL. Kidding. :). You will get the weight off, you have already created habits earlier that are still in place and will get you back on track.

@theslightedgeforever Yes you are the social one, now that you like doing things on your own, does that mean I will be the social one? NOT!!!! LOL

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 Welcome back. Nothing better than home. You will get back into the swing of things and the weight will come back off. One of my books I was reviewing tonight was talking about road trips and what to expect. We can't expect to do the same as our "stay at home plan". It's from the Diet Trap book. Same author as Beck Diet Solution and her daughter.

Take it on the Road.....

Think of all the different ways you would be away from your home on a trip. How long will you be away? 

How much weight could you gain if you aren't careful

How much control will you have over food

Is there access to microwave and refrigerator

Can you bring or buy some favorite snack foods

Who will be with you

Will they likely support be neutral or undermine your efforts.

4 plans to choose from:

Continue to eat exactly as now

Continue to eat but add in 300 calories a day

Continue to eat as now but on 2-3 days add 500 calories

Continue to eat but factor in 1000 calories one time only preferably on last day.

Read response cards daily and before you go out to eat

Get in more exercise than normal

Plan ahead and what you are going to eat for the first day and the next.  Make it simple and have things ready on hand for it. 

Plan for when you will go to the store and get right back on your exercise program too right away

@trooworld I don't know if you should even try and keep up with the others as you may not be in the same physical shape as they are. Even cardio fitness is a factor. I say do what you can do and then you will get better and better the more you do it. The important thing is to have fun while you are doing it.

@cbabie That's great that you are being active and tracking. So much better than before. That's progress. Actually being social would be a good thing for you. Studies show that people who have a good social life live longer.

241/238 Green
    Rest Day exercise
    25% water