July 15 Sign In

Replies

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    @TwistedSasette Thanks for those photos. You have earned the right to be very proud of wearing your ring!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,953 Member
    Yes, yes, and yes. A good day.

Loosing 200 lbs has too many NSVs to list, going from size 60 pants to size 33 has been amazing.

Wow @alligatorob WOW!
    Hats off to you!
    😁😁🎉😁👍
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,530 Member
    @TwistedSassette @Jana_2020 @clutterqueen @mshawski @biketheworld thank you for your PF insights! I am taking note of all of them.

I am taking this extremely seriously since first figuring out what it was yesterday, and taking measures already. I will almost certainly see a doctor about it, with the only reason I didn't today was due to how mild it is and even how it seemed better today. But I am familiar with ligament and tendon issues from some past bad tennis elbow and a mild achilles issue (probably related) and know they don't clear up quickly and have a tendency to come back.

I have good shoes fit to me with correct support in the form of my running shoes. I have never spared expense for my feet (or legs) be it shoes, socks, various rollers, balls, etc. The first things I did was:

1. Start wearing a retired pair of cushy running shoes (Brooks Glycerin) around the house. I suppose being primarily homebound since Covid and wearing only socks in a house with hardwood floors and my office in the basement with a concrete floor was not ideal for so long. I have already noticed a relief when standing after sitting for a long period while in shoes.
    2. Started taking ibuprofen to address inflammation of the injured tissue.
    3. Did not run this morning.
    4. After feeling less discomfort in my first few steps upon waking, along with feeling no pain during the day I took an hour long walk which was also pain free.
    5. I have rolled my foot on a golf ball.
    6. I have otherwise rested my foot as much as possible today.

I have received great tips from others as well and am looking into some Strassburg socks in addition to the other suggestions listed here.

Please feel free to keep any tips/advice coming. The last thing I want is to not know of things that can help. :smile:

You all are great!

@WhatMeRunning

The supplements I take are:
    - red krill oil
    - Glucosamine chondroitin + turmeric

These were something my mum discovered that helped with her arthritic knees and I started taking them when I developed DeQuervains in my wrists after my son was born (“mommy thumb”). After a while I was able to stop taking them for that issue, but started again when the PF developed and they really do take the inflammation out a lot.

My massage therapist recommended this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KvAto6yIGLY which I found did help a lot when I did it a couple of times a day. The guy is a bit weird but the stretches feel good and make sense lol.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    @alligatorob - WOW- am I the only one who didn’t realize that you’ve lost 200 pounds? That is amazing! So happy for you!

@Winner_in_Life - sounds like your husband is a keeper for sure. And you know what, you ARE great!
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    @biketheworld You are very kind to me. Thank you! :) I am HAPPY that I managed to get rid of these kilos. But I am NOT proud of myself that I let me down so far. Last 2 years I was just watching my weight increasing and continued stuffing my face. :) But this is in the past, now I am on the sunny side :)

158707077.png
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,777 Member
    seilidhe wrote: »
    Did I exercise at least 20 minutes? I think so. Barely.

I wrote a big long, boohoo here and deleted it. You don't need to read that *kitten*. And I don't need to dwell on it. I just need to follow the immortal words of Tim Allen, as Jason Nesmith playing Cmdr. Peter Quincy Taggart: "Never give up, never surrender." (And yes, I had to look up the character names... all I could remember was it was Tim Allen in "Galaxy Quest.")

one of my most favorite movies! Love Sigourney Weaver and all the charactors. As a long time sci fi fan I must have watched this one at least 30 times over the years and each time I discover a new "poke".
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    @brisingr86 I would definitely call a pattern of resisting snack cravings a NSV! That is a tough one for so many and requires a lot of focus to become aware of it and to keep resisting!

Have fun on your hiking and biking trip @_JeffreyD_ even if you can't track you are getting in some great exercise, and of course most importantly having fun doing it!

Congrats on the noticably improved cardio endurance @RangerRickL I always find those moments rewarding because usually cardio just feels like it perpetually sucks until something like that makes all that effort worthwhile.

@alligatorob that is such an impressive weight loss total! It must feel like two whole separate lives. Congrats!

@MadisonMolly2017 you are having such a great month, shedding those worries is really paying off!

Congrats on the new fit @LazyBlondeChef and for having the ...umm... foresight to not return it and leave it as a goal to fit into later! :smile:

Congrats on the good day @ashleycarole86

@seilidhe I love your strong, net positive attitude! I have been stuck before for periods at weight particularly when my activity level went way up. I know you do a lot, probably tons more than the February version!
  • Higa2021
    Higa2021 Posts: 106 Member
    Yes, yes, and yes. A good day.

Loosing 200 lbs has too many NSVs to list, going from size 60 pants to size 33 has been amazing.

Fantastic!!
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,702 Member

My NSV is that I put on a skirt and top today that now fit and the top was an XS that I thought I would never fit into. I've never worn either of them before. When I bought them they were too tight and being the procrastinator that I am I never got around to returning them because online returns are such a hassle.

That's brilliant!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,776 Member
    7/15

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅

Using #3 pass
    0 pass days left