Does anyone else have any weird habits with food?

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    edited July 2021
    M&M's and Skittles are always eaten 2 at a time (matching colors). When I run out of matches, I eat the singles one at a time from darkest color to lightest color.

Other than that, I am very monogamous in my eating habits - I can eat the exact same things several days in a row (including leftovers). My wife does not understand this at all - she does eat leftovers, but there has to be at least a 1 day gap between when the food was originally cooked/eaten and when she will eat it again.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,300 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    The Skittles comment reminded me of how I eat M&Ms, one color at a time, usually beginning with the least amount.
    I guess my only other weird eating habit is eating a lot of plain 0% fat yogurt but doctoring it up with peanut butter and SF syrup. It's really yum but I have to be careful of how much PB I use.
    I love 0% plain greek yogurt & have it every day mixed with couple Tbl of cool whip then add low sugar hot cocoa mix & sometimes a serving of milk chocolate chips, or a serving of jam or some of the 0 claorie powder drink mixes, or protein powder, pb2 powder or nothing. Tastes like a mousse but I have to have it every night
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    M&M's and Skittles are always eaten 2 at a time (matching colors). When I run out of matches, I eat the singles one at a time from darkest color to lightest color.

Other than that, I am very monogamous in my eating habits - I can eat the exact same things several days in a row (including leftovers). My wife does not understand this at all - she does eat leftovers, but there has to be at least a 1 day gap between when the food was originally cooked/eaten and when she will eat it again.

I forgot one (that really bugs my BH) - when I eat a 3 Musketeers bar, I eat all of the chocolate off the outside first and then I eat the fluffy nougat center. It's the only candy bar that I do this with, but the only way that I eat them (even the little bite size ones).
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    Evamutt wrote: »
    The Skittles comment reminded me of how I eat M&Ms, one color at a time, usually beginning with the least amount.
    I guess my only other weird eating habit is eating a lot of plain 0% fat yogurt but doctoring it up with peanut butter and SF syrup. It's really yum but I have to be careful of how much PB I use.
    I love 0% plain greek yogurt & have it every day mixed with couple Tbl of cool whip then add low sugar hot cocoa mix & sometimes a serving of milk chocolate chips, or a serving of jam or some of the 0 claorie powder drink mixes, or protein powder, pb2 powder or nothing. Tastes like a mousse but I have to have it every night

Ok, this is something I have to have every night and if I don't, I make sure to eat the prior day's portion the next day.

There are these things called Coco Lites which are sort of like rice cakes but smoother and melt in your mouth. And they're pretty big for the calories. I top half of one with a tablespoon of whipped cream cheese and then about 18 grams of low sodium turkey and it's sooooooooo good.

This is usually the last thing I eat at night (well, right before the two or three mini peanut butter cups from Trader Joe's (REALLY mini) and a hershey's kiss)).

• futuresylph
    futuresylph Posts: 2,178 Member
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    I forgot one (that really bugs my BH) - when I eat a 3 Musketeers bar, I eat all of the chocolate off the outside first and then I eat the fluffy nougat center. It's the only candy bar that I do this with, but the only way that I eat them (even the little bite size ones).

I do the same thing, but with Butterfingers.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,403 Member
    Oh, well, if we’re going to go there, I do that with all candy bars, Reese’s cups, etc. But the killer for me is Cadbury crispy Eggs. I have to very carefully try to bite the crispy shell off before getting to the innards. M&Ms, too.

Geneva cookies, those chocolate schoolboy cookies, had to bite the chocolate off before eating the cookie part.

I sometime think I was a texture gnosher as much as a chocolate addict.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Eat my food in order of least good to best.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    I used to eat the cereal first in lucky charms, then the marshmallows.
    ccrdragon- the same with the monogamy! I go in phases and cycles.
    Right now I am doing several rotations-
    1.) tofu with cacao powder, fennel powder, cinnamon, Sunflower lecithin, Skinny syrup and Truvia followed by a chocolate mix- Sunwarrior chocolate protein, chocolate almond milk, cacao powder, sunflower lecithin, glucomannan and sugar free chocolate syrup
    2.) Smoky Bacon flavored tempeh, Plant based queso and Kale chips or Iwon protein Stix
    3.)rice cake, nut butter, sugar free preserves and 2 ounces almond milk to sip with.

I will eat something then all of a sudden never want to eat it again. Bananas, avocado pumpkin and sweet potatoes are the top of the list. I do love Hawaii purple sweet potatoes and peanut butter and never seem to get sick of those ...lol

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Whenever I eat cake, I always eat the inside first, saving the frosting for last. :) I used to do that with any lunches I had when I'd go somewhere, save the best for last. Trouble was, when I got to the best part, the fries/salad/soup had always filled me up so I couldn't enjoy the rest of it as much. :/
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    edited July 2021
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    I used to eat the cereal first in lucky charms, then the marshmallows.
    ccrdragon- the same with the monogamy! I go in phases and cycles.

Spellchecker won this round. I even went back to @ccrdragon ‘s post and couldn’t figure it out.

If you do have weird habits with monogamy, please share. Just had 35th anniversary. Could stand to shake things up a bit, lol.

Monotonous - Monotony?
  • Indee19
    Indee19 Posts: 49 Member
    edited July 2021

Same with Peanut Butter Twix
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    I'll go on eating jags where I'll eat like a toddler. I literally gag on any food that isn't exactly what I'm in the mood for that moment. Usually something like pancakes or chicken nuggets. Often lasts a week. I'm not typically a picky eater (food allergies aside) so the "I'd rather starve than eat anything in this house" weeks are really odd.
  • azuki
    azuki Posts: 38 Member
    i eat my pies/cakes frozen
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited July 2021
    azuki wrote: »

And cookies; don't forget quick breads. :/ Yeh, whenever people make the suggestion of eating only a little bit then freezing the rest, I'm thinking yeh, that works for me. NOT. :)
  • glassyo
    azuki wrote: »

And cookies; don't forget quick breads. :/ Yeh, whenever people make the suggestion of eating only a little bit then freezing the rest, I'm thinking yeh, that works for me. NOT. :)

Yup! I froze some snack cakes and some leftover cake from a slice I'd bought thinking they'd last longer, especially if I had to wait for them to thaw, but made the mistake of trying one frozen. There was basically no difference! Just colder and firmer.
  • Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    Mike and Ikes. Strawberry and lemon go together. Cherry and lime go together. Orange and lemon go together. This is the way.

Skittles should be eaten in intermixed sweet citrus order, i.e. don't follow grape with strawberry. Lemon and orange can be combined. Lime and strawberry combo was the bomb, than they seriously rained on my parade and swapped lime for green apple, which ruined my plan for world domination. F-U green apple.
  • Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    edited July 2021
    Indee19 wrote: »
    Colored candies like M&Ms and Skittles are grouped by color then eaten in order of the one I have the least of.

This is on point for candies with varying flavors, so Skittles, Runts, Mike and Ikes, yes. All M&Ms taste the same, so I eat them indiscriminately :smile:

Edit: To clarify, I eat them proportionally down, so if there are 6 red skittles, 4 yellow, 4 orange, 3 purple, and 2 green, you have to spread them out proportionally to achieve a 1-1-1-1-1 balance by the last cycle. That's true zen.
  • glassyo
    Indee19 wrote: »
    Colored candies like M&Ms and Skittles are grouped by color then eaten in order of the one I have the least of.

This is on point for candies with varying flavors, so Skittles, Runts, Mike and Ikes, yes. All M&Ms taste the same, so I eat them indiscriminately :smile:

Edit: To clarify, I eat them proportionally down, so if there are 6 red skittles, 4 yellow, 4 orange, 3 purple, and 2 green, you have to spread them out proportionally to achieve a 1-1-1-1-1 balance by the last cycle. That's true zen.

I disagreed because BLUE TASTES DIFFERENT, DAMMIT!!!!!

:)

And, OMG, that's true about the numbering too because, even with the eating equal amounts of colors in the beginning, the number of each color gets skewed.