Funny or Interesting Things

Replies

• strangeanimal55
    strangeanimal55 Posts: 87 Member
    One of my babies feeding

nBZPi7y.mp4

I just bought one like that!
    I’ve never had one before, hope I don’t kill it.

Awesome! I have six now 😂 Somehow they've been thriving when all my *easy* plants seem to die
  • M0n1KCR
    M0n1KCR Posts: 148 Member
    One of my babies feeding

nBZPi7y.mp4

I have just bought one too! It's just little - hope I manage to keep it alive
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    I wouldn't believe the validity of this pic, if I didn't find it had won an award in Nikon's Small World. It looks like a crayon drawing.

It's a microscopic image of a sea cucumber & the "anchors", apparently, line the entire outside of these creatures. Amazingly fake looking, impressive nature.

1o6v45l0nx0f.png
  • BraydanTaffy
    This is a fungus colony (the red "sun") in a spoonful of soil. Reminds me of a painting on Japanese rice paper. I guess fungus & dirt are beautiful.

tzty0d3w13v7.png
  • strangeanimal55
    strangeanimal55 Posts: 87 Member
    M0n1KCR wrote: »
    One of my babies feeding

nBZPi7y.mp4

I have just bought one too! It's just little - hope I manage to keep it alive

Some of mine were very small and sad looking when I got them, and would appear to die, but they came back bigger and stronger ☺️
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,264 Member
    ztrergetc7ek.png

😢
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    ztrergetc7ek.png

😢

Oh my, that's really heart breaking isn't it? I wish they'd completely abolish animal captivity(I even cringe having to leash my dogs at times). As a child, I loved visiting zoos. As an adult, I see the other side. :(
  • ReenieHJ
    This is a fungus colony (the red "sun") in a spoonful of soil. Reminds me of a painting on Japanese rice paper. I guess fungus & dirt are beautiful.

tzty0d3w13v7.png

I cherish them in my household.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,264 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    ztrergetc7ek.png

😢

Oh my, that's really heart breaking isn't it? I wish they'd completely abolish animal captivity(I even cringe having to leash my dogs at times). As a child, I loved visiting zoos. As an adult, I see the other side. :(

I feel the exact same way. 😢
  • BraydanTaffy

tzty0d3w13v7.png

I cherish them in my household.

Fungus colonies & soil... or Japanese rice paper paintings?

Yuk, yuk, yuk...

I'll see myself out.
  • BraydanTaffy
    These are microscopic images of water droplets, in the scenarios listed. Dr. Fujiwara was the one conducting these particular experiments. Makes ya wonder... the impact of words, sounds, looks we give others... either good or bad... they all have a profound impact.

ca6g4qhgscfb.png
  • bby_dvll
    bby_dvll Posts: 429 Member
    did you know that squirrels can’t get rabies?
  • ReenieHJ
    These are microscopic images of water droplets, in the scenarios listed. Dr. Fujiwara was the one conducting these particular experiments. Makes ya wonder... the impact of words, sounds, looks we give others... either good or bad... they all have a profound impact.

ca6g4qhgscfb.png

Should we be talking to our gardens if they're looking a little flustered?
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    @ReenieHJ wrote: »

ca6g4qhgscfb.png

I do!✋🏽😀 I tell my plants how pretty they are and what a good job they’re doing. To get better soon if they’re looking sad and I also thank them when I take their little goodies. They’re alive so why not?🤷🏽‍♀️
  • Ironwoman1111
    c4fpn54id0ur.jpeg

Lavender in France

Lavender oil is my absolute favorite!😍
  • Ironwoman1111

ca6g4qhgscfb.png

This is very interesting! I wonder how he tested love, peace and thank you? I’ll look it up.👍🏽
  • BraydanTaffy
    bby_dvll wrote: »
    did you know that squirrels can’t get rabies?

Nope. I just looked it up & apparently all rodents rarely contract rabies. Given how & where they live, etc., I thought they'd be the most rabid.

Give us another one!
  • BraydanTaffy

ca6g4qhgscfb.png

I'd seen & done experiments with water & plants. They're living things. It's amazing.

I talk to animals, why not plants, too. But, if you see me talking to a glass of water, call my mum.
  • BraydanTaffy

ca6g4qhgscfb.png

This is very interesting! I wonder how he tested love, peace and thank you? I’ll look it up.👍🏽

Some water experiments are done by just writing the word/s on paper & placing it under the container, or writing it directly on the container. Others are done by holding the water glass & "sending" those words silently to the water.

I put notes underneath (or intentions into) all my drinking containers. Same with food. It's a blessing, in essence. Never hurts. :smile: