What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    kbrunner2 wrote: »
    Have you ever tried these with sugar free jello powder? You wash the grapes and leave them a little wet then put in ziplock bag with flavor of your choice jello powder. Shake them up good then freeze on a cookie sheet. once frozen they go in a ziplock bag in freezer. grab as you want. They taste like jolly ranchers. My favorite is when i can find watermelon jello!

Whoa 🤯 I've never heard of this before and my mouth is watering! I am going to try it VERY soon.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    Iced basil water. Thinned out my basil patch today, harvesting lots of leaves to puree with olive oil for the freezer. I saved and chilled the blanching water. Sooo refreshing over ice with a slice of lemon!
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    A slow cooker recipe I recently found and made for a shredded chicken jalapeño popper dish 🤤

I must have this recipe. Lol *pretty please*

• alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    A slow cooker recipe I recently found and made for a shredded chicken jalapeño popper dish 🤤

Party foul! you must link the recipe ;)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    These eaten as cereal. They are a good sized serving and remind me of kashi mighty bites that I loved as a kid. I add truvia and cinnamon. knfopmc04h4a.jpeg
    o1bgsnaho0mf.jpeg
    64vxo67vnb7v.jpeg
  • SL62814
    SL62814 Posts: 22 Member
    I am a fan of fried eggs and broccoli pasta.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    Oh, and also completely obsessed with homemade whole milk yogurt. SOOOO much better than anything store bought! I make a fresh batch every other day. Economical too!
  • futuresylph
    futuresylph Posts: 2,178 Member
    Lately I'm living on Asian chopped salad. Something about raw cabbage (which I'm ordinarily not overly fond of) just seems right in the hot weather -- it's so cool and crunchy, I can't get enough.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    These eaten as cereal. They are a good sized serving and remind me of kashi mighty bites that I loved as a kid. I add truvia and cinnamon. knfopmc04h4a.jpeg
    o1bgsnaho0mf.jpeg
    64vxo67vnb7v.jpeg

Where did you get those!??
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,413 Member
    MsCzar wrote: »
    Oh, and also completely obsessed with homemade whole milk yogurt. SOOOO much better than anything store bought! I make a fresh batch every other day. Economical too!

I was loving homemade kefir, but I couldn’t keep up with production and had to quit.

I’ve made homemade paneer cheese several times and love it. Texture of tofu, but so much richer.

Next up is homemade cottage cheese and Greek style yogurt.

This thing makes it so easy:
    kqa1gffl5tsm.jpeg
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0091XNL0I?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I strain the paneer in it, scoop it into a nut milk bag, and press it In a tofu press to drain and shape.

I just wish I could figure out something to do with all the whey. You can only bake so much when you’re CICO.
  • CycleMomOf3
    CycleMomOf3 Posts: 336 Member
    I've lately become obsessed with frosted mini wheats. Yes, they have carbs but they're tasty and filling (and I'm not anti-carb, just try to do smarter carb). They do have some added sugars (frosted!), but I honestly don't do much sugar in my diet otherwise, so I feel like I can swing it just fine). I've been trying to up my daily fiber intake (when I started in January, it was maybe 1-3g/day, and now I'm up to a whopping 14-18g/day), and I will often package up a single serving of these in a bowl/baggy in the morning and when I start to get a mild rumbly tumbly mid-morning or mid-afternoon, I snack on a few of these and they fulfill the snacking desire. It's a splurge I can live with. :wink:
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    @VegjoyP ...that tempeh looks so yummm...so caramelized!
  • VegjoyP
    wrr17qqc1qn6.jpg
    ucrbd9daqv2k.jpg
    2mxo7nlh4980.jpg
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,413 Member
    Got these at Lidl yesterday. 30 feather light crispy crackers for 130 calories, perfect with hummus. These things are awesome.

b5n0env1gao5.jpeg

sw0tmt92t3da.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Got these at Lidl yesterday. 30 feather light crispy crackers for 130 calories, perfect with hummus. These things are awesome.

b5n0env1gao5.jpeg

sw0tmt92t3da.jpeg

Oooo those look good!
  • SL62814
    SL62814 Posts: 22 Member
    Soy and tofu salads
  • VegjoyP
    SL62814 wrote: »
    Soy and tofu salads

I live tofu!
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Lately I've been obsessed with cut up bell pepper sprinkled with a little popcorn seasoning. Today it was red bell pepper with ranch sprinkles. So. Darn. Good!