Women 200lb+, Let's Jump To It This July!!!

Replies

• jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Hi I’m 53 and 5’6”.
    Starting weight: 257.8 lbs Jan 14, 2021

July Start Weight: 226.5 (6/30/21)
    July Goal Weight: 223.0
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 170

July 3: 225.6
    July 10: 224.3 (-1.3)
    July 17: 223.9 (-0.4)
    July 24:
    July 31:

I increased my exercise this week after slacking off last week. I met my daily step goal 6 days (goal was 4). The walking challenge at work ends at the end of the month. Seems like I need some kind of challenge to keep me going. LOL.
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 hope your soreness has gotten better!

@OnceAndFutureAthlete hope your sunburn is better! Good luck with your new plan!

@girlinkaz you look fabulous!

@CariTJR congrats on your move!

@wanderinglight awesome loss!

@azalea4175 great catch phrase!

@sandielewis2001 sorry you had a crazy week. Enjoy your trip!

Welcome to all of the new people! Have a great week all! 🙂
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,356 Member
    <3
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Weigh-in day!

Height: 5'2"
    SW: 252.8 (11/13/2020)
    CW: 220.2 (6/26/2021)
    7/3: 222.0
    7/10: 221.6
    7/17: 220.0
    7/24:
    7/31:
    GW for July: 215
    GW for 2021: 196
    UGW: 144 by the end of 2022

Doesn't look like I'll make that goal this month, but I think I can get close enough for jazz.

I'm really enjoying Strong Curves, especially Workout C (though I don't know if it's the specific move set I like or the fact that I do it on Saturdays, when I'm not on as much of a timer, LOL). I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do for August, but I think I want to challenge myself a bit more. I have a PopSugar Fitness cardio kickboxing workout video bookmarked that I haven't attempted to follow yet, so I think I want to add that to the rotation one day a week. I do like going to the gym and using that equipment, so maybe I'll pick my 8-10 most favorite SC exercises and just build a routine out of that 3 days a week.

It's another big cooking weekend, but thankfully nothing nearly as intense as that lasagna I labored over a few weeks ago. I'm going to make some carnitas (takes an hour and change in the instant pot!), as well as a big pot of Cincinnati-style chili that we'll have for dinner a few nights this week. The carnitas will become homemade Chipotle-style burrito bowls for lunches this week, with cilantro-lime rice, fajita veggies, salsa, a little queso fresco, and "sour cream" (plain Greek yogurt). The theme this week for the Reddit r/52WeeksofCooking challenge is Grilling, so I'm also going to make us some elotes at some point this weekend, because that good good Mexican street corn is having a Moment right now and I'm craving it.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    @tammyymat You can help others better if you take good care of yourself. I know it is hard but keep trying!

@sanielewis2 good job sticking to your goals throughout the crazy times. I hope the weekend is the break you need.

@coralRegime I think you need to check your BMR and your TDEE and adjust accordingly. You have upped your exercise. Your TDEE may have gone up and 1200 may not be enough calories for you causing a stall. That happened to me. You could try a couple of weeks at maintenance and then try a reasonable deficit. Don’t just jump up to maintenance calories but up it slowly. That is when I started losing again when that happened to me. @goal06082021’s advice to redo your calorie goal with a smaller weight loss goal might work and you might even lose more than a pound a week.
    TDEE Total Daily Energy Expenditure
    BMR Basal Metabolism Rate (don’t set your calorie goal below this)
    There are calculators online.

@Onceand FutureAthelete Glad you are listening to your body. Also remember the goal is to learn to have a sustainable weight loss that will work when you have reached your goal weight. Find a way to eat that works over time and is healthy. Maintaining weight isn’t that different from losing. We need to learn to have a healthy relationship to food for the rest of our lives not just dieting and then going back to unhealthy eating. Make sure there is joy in your diet.

@CariTJR I hope the move is over and you can settle down now.

@wanderinglight this is how I usually lose weight too. I also weigh daily for the same reason. I have an app on my phone just for my weight that shows me a chart and I can see the overall trend better.

@azalea4175 I like your INNW.

@jazzdesigns nice results with your challenge.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    This week I thought I would start by reading posts since my week has been unusual. I have had medical issues to take care of the end of the week that have meant slowing down my exercise goals and taking things easy. So I suspended some of my weekly goals. I have kept my weight down and trying to keep up with logging. This week I hope to slowly get back to my exercise goals and try to make progress with weight loss too.

During COVID I avoided dentists, doctors and personal care visits as much as possible. After being fully vaccinated I started to get back to somethings and then others as my youngest got fully vaccinated. I have only one more routine test to go but I need to do some other schedule tests still. I got a hair cut a few weeks ago. I of course am fitting this all into working fulltime.

So starting this weekend I will start to slowly pick build back up with my exercise routine again. Not sure about weight lifting this week though.

In a way there's a positive light earlier this week. I worked my 1st day in the office. We are slowly returning to in-person work hoping to build to fulltime in the fall. The managements hope not necessarily mine. However my day in the office went well. Some may remember that I started this job working remotely after being furloughed and laid off due to the pandemic from my last job. So I am not going "back" to the office as my co-workers say. It is something like starting a new job. It was a real demonstration about how working at home reduces our NEAT. Getting up, taking a shower, getting dresssed, packing lunch, making breakfast, walking to the car, parking and walking into the office and walking around as needed in the office, taking stairs and walking back to the car and car to home is NEAT that staying home doesn't have. The work garage is quite a ways from my office. My office is on the 4th floor. I parked on the 3rd floor. The kitchen and printer are too close but the bathroom is farther. Anyway my steps were comparable to a day working at home and taking a 45 minute walk. At home I walk up a flight to go to the kitchen and bathroom but it isn't like taking 4 flights of stairs at a time. I want to get so I take the stairs up to the 4th floor and down when I go into the office. I did take the garage stairs last week. I also want to take a short walk at lunch time.

Well now I need to plan meals for the upcoming week. Hope all have a good weekend.
  • 57pattycake
    57pattycake Posts: 29 Member
    Today is weigh-in day
    Height: 5'4"
    SW: 254 June 3, 2021
    CW: 239.4 June 30, 2021

7/3: 238.6
    7/10: 236.6
    7/17: 233.4
    7/24:
    7/31:
    GW for July: 232
    UGW: 160

I lost 3+ pounds this week but not sure if that will stick. I was down 1+ pounds most of the week - down 2 by Friday and the 3rd pound lost made it's first appearance only this morning. I usually have to see the number a few times before I know it's for real. Anybody else like that? I had some lower back pain recently and this was the first time in 3 weeks I've been able to exercise- but if the loss ends up only being 2lbs I'll still be happy.
  • girlinkaz
    girlinkaz Posts: 90 Member
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 I’m exactly the same way with weigh ins! I have to weigh every day so they don’t become a big deal or I don’t feel nervous before stepping on the scale. That helps me remember that it’s just a number and I have a lot of numbers, so it feels much less defining than if I only collect one data point a week. But again, everyone is different but that’s what works for me.

@57pattycake I’m the same way! I don’t report a loss on my tracker here until I’ve seen it for two days in a row to know that it’s real. (And in the same way, I don’t report a gain until I’ve seen it for 2 days in a row so I know it’s not a fluke!) Not sure if that’s a good idea or a bad idea but that’s what works for me.

@KeriA I’ve been wondering about that myself too. I’ve worked from home for the last year and a half and don’t have kids so I know that if I don’t do intentional exercise, I burn so few calories and take so few steps. Going out into the world every day is a great natural way to get out bodies moving just a little bit more!

@goal06082021 Thanks for always sharing your meals! I just might make some Chipotle style burrito bowls this week myself, Yum!
  • JuneyCleaves
    JuneyCleaves Posts: 92 Member
    Height: 5'5"
    SW: I've started/stopped so many times.
    CW: 200.6
    7/4: 200.6
    7/11: 199.2 (-1.4)
    • coming up short on my steps
    • coming up short on the number of workouts
    • nutrition is more intentional: had 3x meals out this week and had a few drinks 1 night: need to respect my deficit goal more
    7/18: 198.6 (-0.6)
    7/25:
    7/31:
    GW for July: Anything less than current!

Goals:
    - 8k daily step count, minimum
    - Workout 4-5 days/week
    - dial in my nutrition
  • sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    Height: 5'
    SW: 266.6 (1/4/2021)
    CW: 248.5 (7/1/2021)
    7/4: 247.2
    7/11: 244
    7/18: 242
    7/25:

GW for July: 240
    GW for 2021: 215
    UGW: 150 by January 1st, 2023

I'm surprised and pleased, as I went pretty easy on myself this week. I'm behind the eight-ball on a deadline (a date that whooshed by months ago, oops) so I've spent a lot of time planted at my desk. With luck, I'll get this thing turned in today, and then I can get my (happily still shrinking!) backside to the gym!