The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/12/well/live/alcohol-abuse-drinking-treatment.html?action=click&module=Editors Picks&pgtype=Homepage

Very interesting article- many or some of you may know that I have been using Naltraxone; it does work. There is something called the Sinclair Method where you take the pill an hour before you plan on drinking; it reduces the intense cravings and allows your mind to rationalize "Ok I'm done after two drinks."

I got the prescription from my doctor who said it was invented for opioid addicts but is found to work better for alcohol dependent people.

For me, it's another tool in my sober tool box: Naltraxone, AA, therapy, reading books, listening to youtube Father Martin videos..... and tonight I am attending Women in Sobriety.
    And it's non-addictive and has little side effects. I can stop it at anytime.
  • RubyRed427
    Logman78 wrote: »
    Starting day 577

Happy you are doing well, my friend! xo :)
  • RubyRed427
    OtisBuck wrote: »
    Good morning to all. Meditation has become an important part of my 1025 days of an alcohol free life. I do a session of breathwork/meditation at the end of my daily exercise and a meditation session at the end of the day. This routine has helped me with sleep issues.

Congrats on a successful journey! :)
  • RubyRed427
    mtngrl3 wrote: »
    hi hope everyone is doing well! I'm 4.5 months AF. never could i ever have imagined this. one day at a time taking my power back.

You are powerful!! So happy for you- 4.5 months is amazing!
  • RubyRed427
    Fattleass wrote: »
    Been sober for a bit so happy now compared to then . All of you got this stay strong add me as friend if you'd like

Nice to have you on this thread. Yes, life is simpler and calmer being sober.
  • RubyRed427
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Hi guys!!! I’m still here and among the living.

Happy Sober Tuesday!!!

Hi Beka! Hugs! <3
  • RubyRed427
    Seriously strong craving to go buy wine ! Aaaargh 😫

I am gona have to breath through it and distract myself with a film.

Think the craving hit cos it's Friday, it's sunny, and I am reminiscing about the days when me and my partner used to crack open a bottle together. But, I don't want a hangover tomorrow. Planning a trek together tomorrow so I don't want to miss that. Better pick out a good movie ! 🎥

Thinking of you! How is your tattoo healing? I bet you love it!