Low FODMAP

I am under the care of a nutritionist who has placed me on the low FODMAP diet to heal my digestive issues. Is there a forum for us?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,974 Member
    There are some Groups for FODMAP diets, but none have been active lately. There have also been discussions in various parts of the Community that you could find via the Search function, but again not many or very active, I'm sorry to say. (If you want to look, I'd suggest putting FODMAP in the main search box, limiting the search to within one year of today, so you don't end up trying to talk with people from 2014 who aren't around anymore.)

Your best bet might be to start a post in the Food & Nutrition part of the Community, with FODMAP in the title, see if you can find others that way.

I wish I had a more satisfying answer than that, but I don't . . . and I'm not doing low FODMAP myself, despite some history of IBS-ish symptoms (mostly now resolved).

Wishing you success!
  • MightyKitez
    MightyKitez Posts: 13 Member
    I was wondering this! I have IBS and my doctor kinda diagnosed me and left me to it. The only advice I got was "oh try some peppermint tea" no mention of FODMAP. A group would have been really useful
  • elizabethherberger
    elizabethherberger Posts: 23 Member
    I just did low fodmap for over a month recently in conjunction wirh xifaxan trying to treat sibo. Breath test just showed it is still there so I am guessing I will be back on low fodmap soon. Feel free to message me or add me if you want to chat more about it :)
  • nicolewhittier
    nicolewhittier Posts: 6 Member
    Hi, I have been following LOW FODMaP for years . It helps a lot. Now trying to be healthier in terms of calories and macros to lose weight. I have the type of SIBO that leads to weight gain. Feel free to friend request me and mention LOW FODMAP!