365 Days

ChrisRShaw
ChrisRShaw Posts: 23 Member
Today is 365 Days on FitnessPal for me. One year ago, I had just returned from a beach trip to Florida and looked at our family pictures and was in shock. I knew I had gained some weight before covid and then during covid, lots of sitting, snacking, and drinking, but I had not realized just how big I had gotten. That was the moment, that was my "what the F%$#&" moment that made me get off my *kitten* and start working on myself again.
Here I am a year later, almost 50 lbs lighter but actually, probably in the best shape, I have been in 20 plus years mostly due to weight training. I feel so much better, have more energy, and most of all confidence. No gimmicks just logging food and trying to move more (and of course the weight training, which was crucial for the shaping, not the losing)
I had lots of starts and stops over the past 10 years, I knew I needed to do something but I was not ready. I needed that kick in the butt moment to get me started and keep me going.
Very proud of myself and not too bad for 52 years old.
I would not mind losing another pound or two but I am pretty much where I want to be. Now for the very tricky maintenance part. Any suggestions are very welcome
likgjt8qkeiw.jpg

Replies

• Une_Poire
    Une_Poire Posts: 55 Member
    Way to go! It must be very satisfying to see your progress in pictures!
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    What an inspiration, thanks for sharing. 🤗🤸‍♀️👏
  • LayThatBurdenDown
    LayThatBurdenDown Posts: 2 Member
    Wow, you're 52? Amazing! Great job!
  • MightyKitez
    MightyKitez Posts: 13 Member
    You look fantastic! I'm really interested in starting weight training and your pics honestly give me hope that it'll work. If you have any tips, please fire them my way
  • DarlaJL82
    DarlaJL82 Posts: 58 Member
    Great job!!!
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,115 Member
    Good for you!!!! Proud of you. The great thing is that you will inspire others....and they will inspire others. Way to go and thanks for posting.....
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,115 Member
    As for the maintenance part, it is harder than the weight loss part, I think. You have to understand that the past year has been practice ...lol. You cannot look at this as a diet. It is a lifestyle change. If you can get that, you have it made. I lost 117 lbs, and have been on maintenance about 3 years.....sometimes it is a bit difficult and I have to kick myself to keep myself on the right track...Good luck
  • lucytalbot94
    lucytalbot94 Posts: 32 Member
    Oh my Gosh you absolute queen!! You look amazing, go you!!
  • pattymason7
    pattymason7 Posts: 27 Member
    So inspiring! Thank-you for sharing
  • ChrisRShaw
    ChrisRShaw Posts: 23 Member
    Thank you everybody for your kind words, it definitely is great seeing the progress in pictures because in my mind I am still much bigger than I am.

@gcibsthom - I am worried about maintenance. I have been hovering around the 130-133 mark for about a month now and I keep logging, right now it feels like I still have to stay around the same lower-calorie mark that I was using during weight loss to avoid weight gain. I will just keep plugging away at it.

@MightyKitez - biggest thing for me was to not try to rush it this time and to just stay consistent and find something that works for me. Somebody on this site recommended Sidney Cummings workout videos and those have been great for me for the strength training part because I needed to find something I could do from home. Also found Premier Protein Shakes with Oats which were great for breakfast and helped me get some fiber, which is something I always struggle with.
  • A_New_Creation
    A_New_Creation Posts: 166 Member
    Wowza- you look great. Good progress
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!