40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,879 Member
    nossmf wrote: »
    My 2021 resolutions. I have one each for body, heart and mind.

Body: Workout 120 times in 2021 (only got 97 last year)
    Heart: Have 12 date nights with my wife (in addition to Valentine's, Anniversary and her birthday)
    Mind: Finish edits on second novel and submit to a publisher

To date, my progress:

Day: 195/365
    Body: 78/120
    Heart: 8/15
    Mind: 10% complete

Pull Day A complete.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,918 Member
    Yep. It sucks. I did weightlift two days this week. Tomorrow will make three. A better week, for sure.
  • gorple76
    gorple76 Posts: 162 Member
    Out of curiosity, for you walkers, what’s your time? Right now I’m only at 15-16 min mile with quite a lot of incline (outdoors). Heart rate is up so that’s a good thing. Would like to improve but running would surely make me pass out. :)

That’s a similar speed to my walking. If you’re feeling like you need to break into a run, you could try it though? That’s how I started running - I ran/walk (not to a programme, just as I felt like it) until one day I just ran! Made it a relatively painless progression.
  • nossmf

Heart: Have 12 date nights with my wife (in addition to Valentine's, Anniversary and her birthday)

To date, my progress:

Day: 200/365
    Body: 79/120

Leg Day A complete.
  • nossmf
    edited July 2021

To date, my progress:

Day: 202/365
    Body: 80/120

Push Day B complete.
  • nossmf

To date, my progress:

Day: 203/365
    Body: 81/120

Elliptical workout complete.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,967 Member
    Have not been lifting like I want to, mostly just my schedule - down to the minute, M-F I literally have 30-45 minutes of "free" time a day, and that does NOT include needing gas, or grocery shopping, or needing to make any other stop on my way home from work and includes NO chill/relax time.

Good thing is, the part-time job is 1.5-2 hours of reasonably hard physical labor, so not like I'm on my butt all day long - at least get some activity and a good sweat worked up first thing in the morning, even if it's not at the weight bench!

Still lots of changes in my life, but until such a time as the job situation reverts back to pre-pandemic job offers, kinda stuck doing what I'm doing until I learn enough in this particular field to advance.
  • Beeps2011
    Well, the home gym is now constructed. I can rebirth my weightlifting at home. I am trying to figure out how to get my hip thrusts back again. I don’t want to start at 135 lbs, but am unsure I can fit under the bar with kesser weights and I don’t want to go all the way back to just using the bar (with no weight plates).
  • nossmf

To date, my progress:

Day: 209/365
    Body: 83/120
    Heart: 9/15

Since last update, I got done my back workout, took my wife on a date, and about half of my deadlift workout before injury forced me to stop.
  • plugers
    plugers Posts: 23 Member
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Well, the home gym is now constructed. I can rebirth my weightlifting at home. I am trying to figure out how to get my hip thrusts back again. I don’t want to start at 135 lbs, but am unsure I can fit under the bar with kesser weights and I don’t want to go all the way back to just using the bar (with no weight plates).

It suck going backwards, but just know that the strength will come back twice as fast. Don't let your ego get you hurt, I've done it myself, then you'll be set back even more.
  • Beeps2011
    Good advice.

I have been faithfully doing weightlifting twice a week now that our home gym is fully-constructed.

And 1 x per week cardio.
  • granitepeak45
    granitepeak45 Posts: 160 Member
    40 male

Looking to drop 20-25 pounds
    I lift 3 days a week and hike (7-19 miles) once or twice a week but I’m looking to increase my weekly mileage with adding running back into my routines.

5’9”
  • plugers
    plugers Posts: 23 Member
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Good advice.

I have been faithfully doing weightlifting twice a week now that our home gym is fully-constructed.

And 1 x per week cardio.

Mine is almost done. It's fully functional, just trim, mirrors, some picking up, and touching up paint.

It's nice to not have to leave home, one less excuse.
  • Beeps2011
    We still need to install mirrors. And we can't seem to source some of the larger weight dumbbells (i.e. 40 lbs and up) -- which I won't use, but my husband will.

I totally miss working out at the gym, but also likely won't ever go back....we are brand new to this City and recreating the type of relationships that I had at OldCity gym took YEARS. Meh....I can probably save a lot of time by working out at home and figure out how to get social-strokes some other way.
  • nossmf

To date, my progress:

Day: 223/365
    Body: 87/120

Been a while since I updated, in part because following me tweaking my back doing deadlifts I took a week off from the gym, followed by a week of graveyard shifts where I count myself lucky to just stay awake, let alone work out, lol. But I'm healthy and back to sleeping nights, so that means I'm also back in the gym with a chest workout.
  • nossmf

To date, my progress:

Day: 229/365
    Body: 91/120

Update for the past week: Four trips to the gym in the last 6 days, including a successful (read: no injuries) deadlift day.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Well after 2 weeks of vscay eating too much, drinking too much and spending g too much (though I walked over 33,000 steps one day) back to working out.

Started with a bang with leg day, including 5 x 5 hipthrusts at 225lbs! Definitely a PR.
  • nossmf
    edited August 2021

To date, my progress:

Day: 233/365
    Body: 93/120

Back day and squat day complete. I really should get crackin' on my novel edits.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Hey kids,

I know it's been awhile.

Am I still allowed to hang out here since I turned 50? 😆

I miss the camaraderie at the gym and go only at times when it's empty.

Have a great evening kids.
  • MrsG1994
    MrsG1994 Posts: 49 Member
    Thanks for starting this thread. I am 48. I have lost a lot of weight with MFP in the past. Looking forward to reading more!