JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Had a good morning and Matt had a good doc appt. Then spent about a half an hour calling different doctors offices to try and get Matt a neurologist appt. Several didn't answer their phones, one doesn't take our insurance even though it's on the insurance website, and then other doesn't have any appts until September. And now I'm just completely drained. There was a bunch of other things I wanted to do today. But my brain is mush.

JFT, 7/19/21

- up by 4:20✅
    - work 5-9✅ Was done by 8:30
    - allergist appt✅
    - call GP✅
    - call neurologists✅🤬🤬🤬see above
    - buy AC unit✅
    - Email OMH
    - gather money info
    - cook dinner
    - look at SG email
    - night routine
    - bed by 9
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Check in on MFP. Check weather. Run? Write transcript.
    2. Morning: Green room: Scrub usable items and photograph. Transportation (see FB post for offer). Where can pictures hang? Umbrella / cane / sword storage.
    3. Scrub 2 plates. Read Jacky! Write S&F, lamp script, figurative language script.
    4. Brunch: Omelet. Scrub one necklace with toothpaste.
    5. Afternoon: Choose orgs for donations? Check on plates. Read: 1 hr (new book). Log reading on Goodreads. S&F script work: 1 hr.
    6. Evening: Clois. Dinner: Dutch baby? Update common room. DSA meetings on Zoom!
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    8. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    9. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. 9 Round - check on free week. IS to check on jobs over the weekend. Visit hiking park Monday.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    Today: 196.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – Late Oct? ObG schedule for 9/22. PCP Aug 17. Therapy July 27.
    7. Theater: ??
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. Office conversion.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create PDFs for video lessons. Change the green room into an office.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Run again tomorrow. Even if it rains. :P
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Recap 07/19:

- Wake up by 7:30 x Partner decided he wasn't going to work, so we slept in and got some extra cuddle time
    - Walk the dogs before work x See above
    - Take my vitamins
    - Drink 64 oz of water ✓ 72 oz
    - Get 10,000 steps ✓ 15,000!!
    - 10 mindful minutes
    - Exercise for 30 minutes ✓ 10 minutes of stretching, 50 minutes of aerobics!
    - Log EVERTHING
    - Clean the bedroom x It was almost 9 pm by the time we finished dinner and clean up. Gonna take a shower and call it a day

JFT 07/20 (Tuesday):

- Wake up by 7:30
    - Walk the dogs before work - try to hit 1 mile
    - Eat breakfast
    - Take my vitamins
    - 10 mindful minutes
    - Drink 64 oz of water
    - Get 10,000 steps
    - Exercise for 30 minutes
    - Log EVERYTHING
    - Clean the bedroom
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,722 Member
    JFT - Monday July 19
    1.5 L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 minutes

I was sure I posted my goals yesterday, but couldn’t find them. If I had I wouldn’t have met any of them.

I am struggling with all of my alone time.

I’ll try to catch up tomorrow I’m not feeling it today.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 939 Member
    @Snowflake1968 ..."So many things and so much money thrown away" oh how true this is. A tractor bucket would be very useful here too! Going to your grandparents for a nighttime snack sounds like a lovely memory to have.

Today's the day! I'm going to start logging again. I know it will make me more aware. I'm not convinced I can stick to 1200 calories but I'm sure it will help.

JFT Monday 19th July

Log everything yes, not as easy as it sounds, I keep getting the message "an error occurred ". In the red at 1413 cals
    Back exercises yes. a big win, first time in weeks I've got down on the floor and done them properly
    Only one small snack yes
    Walk no, was late and I'd have had to change clothes on so didn't bother
    Laundry/ironing yes, lots
    Gardening none in my garden but did some weeding in son's garden
    Paperwork up to date yes
    Phone electric company realised I didn't need to, very pleased

JFT Tuesday 20th July

Log everything
    Back exercises
    Only one small snack
    Walk

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Running a bit late this morning so just posting goals quickly!

Yesterday's goals:
    - Log everything I eat :)
    - Be in the green :)
    - Eat 5+ fruit & veg :)
    - No alcohol >:)Nope - I had my fortnightly Dungeons and Dragons and whilst I was planning to abstain during it I found the habit was just too ingrained... However I restricted myself to two single gins which didn't add many calories.
    - Get 5,000 steps :)

- Switch emails off when finished reading :|Forgot about this - will try to remember today.
    - Stay positive :|Mainly did, but got grumpy at the end of the day due to some work issue which was getting a bit silly
    - Finish work by 5.30 and go for pre evening walk :|A bit later - 5.45 - due to silly work issue but did manage to fit this in

- Update weekly to-do :)
    - Check housing alerts :)

- In bed by 10.30 :)
    - Lights off by 11 >:)Lost track of time reading - 11.20

Today's goals:

- Log everything I eat
    - Be in the green
    - Eat 5+ fruit and veg
    - Get 15,000 steps! (Already done 7,000 in run and have hour-long walk planned for this evening)

- Switch emails off when finished reading
    - Stay positive
    - Finish by 5.30pm
    - Spend some quality time with boyfriend before evening out

- Leave pub at 9.30
    - Bed by 10.30
    - Lights off by 11
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    @Janele0627 Congrats on your steps!!!

@bookmeister86 I like your stay positive goal. I have so many reminders around my desk at work to remind me, since inept, uncommunicative management here makes me crazy. My favorite is "You can be right, or you can be happy". Reminds me to check my ego and just get the job done.

Recap 7/19 M ~ hot & humid day again, which I don't love
    1) Walked dog 3.94 mi before work, saw sandhill cranes & only 1 bunny (that I noticed). Sun appeared orange red as it rose, from the wildfires in western US. :smiley: happy dog & happy, sweaty me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks :mrgreen: 14/14 boom! & 15.2K
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water :s overtired led to evening snacking -395 & 13c
    4) 12:00 Facebook Live / GA-C/V testing / emails = 3/3
    5) At least 3 things on ta-da list (counting small stuff) :smiley:
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / Calm app before bed crashed very early in evening / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

JFT 7/20 T ~ very warm & humid for dog walk, just sucks the energy out of me, but extra sleep really helped
    1) Walked dog 3.92 mi before work :sweat_smile: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water
    4) 9:00 EHN meeting in Teams / GA-C/V review surveillance video / complete at least 1 F&D / clear more emails
    5) Wash dishes / one other ta-da
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / VOLTAREN / Calm app before bed / 5:40 alarm (walk dog & submit JMIO results)

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,298 Member
    Still drowning at work, but trying to set some sort of goals

- Shower :(
    - Work by 9:00 :smiley:
    - Breakfast by 10:00 :(
    - Meetings, work on other stuff during meeting :smiley:
    - Eat Lunch
    - Microscopy in the afternoon
    - Home by 3:30
    - Shower since I didn't this morning
    - Swim meet 5:30 - late
    - Take out for dinner or eat at the swim meet
    - Eat reasonably
    - Bed by 11:30
    - No Alcohol

Hope y'all have a spectacular day!
  • clicketykeys
    JFT Wednesday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Check in on MFP. Check weather. Run? Write transcript.
    2. Morning: 6AM workout. Hiking. Check on transportation for Friday.
    3. Scrub 2 plates. Read Jacky! Write S&F, lamp script, figurative language script.
    5. Afternoon: Choose orgs for donations? Check on plates. Read: 1 hr (new book). Log reading on Goodreads. S&F script work: 1 hr.
    6. Evening: Clois. Dinner: Pizza. Update common room. Livestream!
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    8. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    9. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. 9 Round - check on free week. IS to check on jobs over the weekend. Visit hiking park Monday.

Scale goals
    Today: 195.6

1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – Late Oct? ObG schedule for 9/22. PCP Aug 17. Therapy July 27.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create PDFs for video lessons. Change the green room into an office.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. I need to check on getting stuff moved on Friday. Other than that, exercise, and lots of writing to fill the day. Here's hoping I can get stuff done.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,722 Member
    JFT - Monday July 19
    1.5 L of water - 👿
    Log all Food - 🙂
    Walk 15 minutes - 🙂

JFT - Tuesday July 20
    1.5 L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 minutes

It has gotten much cooler and I don’t want to drink water. I don’t know why I am struggling with this so much. 2L a day used to be so easy for me.

@cschmitz110515 - I love that quote. I may need to make that for my office.

I worked late again tonight. I am frustrated that I had to while at the same time enjoying a shorter evening of alone time. @cschmitz110515 how do you do this all the time? Doesn’t your hubby work evenings too?

My husband drive truck for 7 years, also worked a lot of jobs that took him away for two weeks at a time it is wasn’t the best situation but I didn’t feel as alone as I do now. I think it’s because the girls were still at home.

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited July 2021
    Had a very nice day yesterday. Work was not the best ever but got through it and then had a nice evening meeting a friend in person! for a drink in the evening. I think it's literally my first post work drink with someone other than the boyfriend since the pandemic started. It was so nice! I had grand plans for being sensible and leaving at 9.30 so as to get to bed in decent time but those kind of went out the window. I'm a bit tired today but you know what? I don't regret it. It was worth it. Seeing people is awesome.

Did weekly weigh in this morning and, having now lost water weight, have only put on 0.5lb across the two weeks at my mum's. I'm pretty pleased about that as normally I put on more and we ate quite a lot of barbeques and ice cream while we were there. Now it's time to actually lose some weight! 30 days till France, 5.5 pounds to lose.... one every 5.5 days. I can do this!!! (Even though I do have a camping weekend and my birthday within this period.... I'll just have to be extra good outside those events....)

@cschmitz110515 I'm glad you like the stay positive goal. It's an ongoing challenge! I am actually a bit of mix of positive and negative. I don't tend to overly worry and I tend to be pretty confident and optimistic about my ability to overcome challenges. Where I do struggle though is being positive when what I see as 'unnecessary challenges' are thrown in my way (e.g. by incompetent management) or when I don't agree with how things are being run (e.g. the country!). I tend to look on the negative rather than the positive in those situations. I am trying not to though - being better at being open minded to things being done differently to how I would do them, and accepting things that I cannot change. I like your quote and I also like the idea of placing post-its around to remind me as it is difficult to remember throughout the day (I might go with that old childhood one 'if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything nice at all!')

Anyway, yesterday's goals:

- Log everything I eat :)
    - Be in the green :)
    - Eat 5+ fruit and veg :)
    - Get 15,000 steps! (Already done 7,000 in run and have hour-long walk planned for this evening) :)

- Switch emails off when finished reading :/I forgot to do this again - why is it so hard?? I really will today as I have a whole day of focus time
    - Stay positive :|I got a bit grumpy with annoying people again but managed to work through it
    - Finish by 5.30pm :)
    - Spend some quality time with boyfriend before evening out :)

- Leave pub at 9.30 >:)I was naughty and left after ten
    - Bed by 10.30 :)
    - Lights off by 11 >:)I was a bit over stimulated so read for a while. Then couldn't sleep for a while. So zzzz.

Today's goals:

- Log everything I eat
    - Be in the green
    - Eat 5+ fruit & veg
    - Get 5,000 steps

- Switch emails off when finished reading
    - Stay positive

- Finish work by 5.30pm
    - Evening walk
    - Read a chapter of French book
    - Talk to boyfriend in French
    - Write speech for tomorrow
    - Get out stuff for camping trip
    - Do food order

- In bed by 10.30
    - Lights off by 11
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 939 Member

JFT Tuesday 20th July

Log everything yes, and in the green! Mainly due to discovering my bread was mouldy so very small lunch!
    Back exercises only the easy ones, must do better
    Only one small snack yes
    Walk no, by the time it's cool enough to walk I don't want to

JFT Wednesday 21st July

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Only one small snack
    Walk
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Monday 19 July

Log 👿
    Stay in the green 👿
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️

Tuesday wasn’t any better 👿 my Fitbit gave me crazy figures for pressure washing the deck and patio. We work hard but then give way to too much wine as a reward. We have 5 more days to get the house ready for the estate agent to photograph and I want it to look immaculate. In the current market, the estate agent says any buyer coming to view the house will be pretty sure that they like it. Although Covid restrictions are now lifting, he expects to host a day of viewings where interested buyers book a 15 minute slot. Hopefully we then get multiple offers above the asking price. The details on the internet will be important for generating interest and refreshing the minds of potential buyers post viewing.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Wednesday 21

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water

Get sitting room ready for photograph
    Make bed in 4th bedroom
    Tidy our bedroom and en-suite (remove/hide) clutter
    Remove/hide clutter in the kitchen

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,027 Member
    edited July 2021
    💖💕💖💕💖💕💖
    💖💕💖 JULY 💖💕💖
    💖💕💖💕💖💕💖
    ocbtnk3lembi.jpg

@clicketykeys - I hope you were able to get that run in and the weather wasn't too wet. It always amazes me how much you have on your to do list.
    @HEGoddard0928 - bureaucracy grinds exceedingly slow. Fingers crossed that you get it sorted out quickly.
    @Janele0627 - well done on your progress.
    @bookmeister86 -Glad to read that your visit to your mum went reasonably well. I hope she sees the benefit in keeping active to keep away the creeping years. We don't have to be like our parents. There is so much we can do to improve our health and fitness throughout our senior years. It's never too late. 😍 Stay positive goal. Other peoples incompetence can be such a stressor. At least you had a nice evening with your friend.
    @littleblackskirt - I hope the logging goes well. I know it's the one thing that keeps me on track whether I am under calories or not.
    @ZizzyBumble - moving house takes so much time. It's a good idea to D clutter as you go along. The heat doesn't really help. At least your weight is holding steady.
    @cschmitz110515 - I find it hard to post every day especially when I have so much work to do in the garden. It doesn't really matter so long as you stay on track.
    @PackerFanInGB - I hope the dental visit went well for your mum.
    @pridesabtch - Just keep telling yourself that "This too shall pass!" When work gets to be a hassle.
    @Snowflake1968 - I think priorities have changed quite a bit over the pandemic. Time with our loved ones is very precious. My husband also worked away from home when we were first married, but like you, I had two young children to look after and didn't have time to get lonely.
    🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (✔️Sept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • 11 Apr: 142.2
    [*] 1 May: 142.6
    [*] 3 June: 144.4 (thanks to Bank holiday 4 day weekend indulgences)
    [*] 1 July: 144.4 (holding steady)
    [*] Total Weight Loss: 83

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    Daily Habits:
    Thu: ✅ Fri: ✅ Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon: ✅ Tue: ✅ Wed:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: ✅ 6/7 😭
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 23.1 —>22.6
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.6 ⏫
    4. Log CI<CO/Calories in the green ✅ 6/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 6/37
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 6/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 6/7
    🌹Positive Intentions for Thu 22 July
    [*] Meditation
    [*] Weigh/post weight
    [*] Gardening - daily harvesting.
    [*] Declutter session
    [*] Daily Chores
    [*] Puzzles: Watch TV:
    [*] Keep up to date with email
    [*] Daily goals update

💦 July Challenge 💦
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧💧💧💧💧

NLNS
    Jun: LNS: 2 ~|~ ME: 19

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!
  • Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Recap 07/20 (Tuesday):

- Wake up by 7:30 x Because of insomnia, I overslept
    - Walk the dogs before work - try to hit 1 mile x See above
    - Eat breakfast x See above
    - Take my vitamins x
    - 10 mindful minutes x
    - Drink 64 oz of water x
    - Get 10,000 steps ??? I forgot my Fitbit in my rush out the door
    - Exercise for 30 minutes x Too tired
    - Log EVERYTHING
    - Clean the bedroom x

Yesterday was tough. Insomnia kept me up until 1:30, so I overslept until 9. Was still tired throughout the day. Forgot my Fitbit, missed breakfast...by the time I got home from work, I just wanted to relax. So I skipped my workout. Played some computer games and took a shower. Somehow I managed to stay within my calories, despite eating a heavy dinner and snacks.

Let's do better today

JFT 07/21 (Wednesday):

- Wake up by 7:30
    - Walk the dogs before work - half an hour
    - Eat breakfast
    - Take my vitamins
    - 10 mindful minutes
    - Drink 64 oz of water
    - Get 10,000 steps
    - 5 flights of stairs
    - Exercise for 30 minutes
    - Log EVERYTHING
    - No snacking after dinner
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    MLHC1 wrote: »

07/17/2021 Saturday JFT:
    :) AM Family Martial Arts Class
    :) Yoga
    :) Household weekly deep cleaning
    :) Prepare weekly breakfast taco mix
    :) Prepare dinner for the babysitter (Date Night tonight <3 )
    :) Misc. Household tasks

**Saturday Success, Yay**

07/18/2021 Sunday JFT:
    :) Exercise Rest Day
    :) AM Family Brunch
    :'( Church -> Long story but my hubby is not a church person. He will be working out of town again for a bit so we spent a family day together. We enjoyed brunch out at a restaurant then enjoyed a movie out at the theater.
    :) PM errands
    :'( Prep MCAT note cards for one end of chapter
    :'( Read one chapter in one MCAT prep book

**Unsuccessful Sunday, but quality family time was achieved!**

Well, I finally have some time to update my MFP, Lol!! :D

Sunday evening my 19-year-old came home and explained that while kayaking at the lake he dropped his truck keys in. OMG! Well, I spent my Monday afternoon assisting him with all that (hard lesson learned for him, 99 cents could have saved him a couple of hundred dollars, lol.) I spent Monday morning grocery planning/shopping so that was nice to get done. I only prepped for the week but I'll take what I can get!! Then Tuesday my day was spent helping my hubby get ready to leave town for the week. (It always amazes me how much men rely on their spouses for these things, Lol!!) I never mind doing anything for anyone in my family, it just seems silly sometimes. I believe today will be back to usual. I finalized my gym membership over the weekend so I am looking forward to getting there today. I am no longer taking my toddler to school so the gym gives me some "me time" during the day. I am actually more balanced this way and my son is behaving much better. I believe he was learning bad habits at school. Anyways, moving on....

It is nice to see everyone posting goals and rockin on!! It seems like consistency is picking up!! Happy to see all the new and seasoned JFTers!! I am doing my best to stay up-to-date with everyone's posts but I am not yet @ many individuals due to time constraints. Although I am reading all the posts. For any of you that may not yet be my "friend" on MFP, please feel free to add me. I tend to do better with the personal motivation on the status feed. This group of individuals always amazes me with their tenacity!! Keep stayin strong and rockin on!!

07/21/2021 Tuesday JFT:

MFP - catch up and post
    Yoga
    Gym - Elliptical only for now (getting my toddler use to the environment before staying longer)
    Clean / Organize my office
    Prep MCAT note cards for one end of chapter
    Read one chapter in one MCAT prep book

My confidence needs a productive day so I am shooting high!!

• cschmitz110515
    edited July 2021
    I'm glad some of you like my quote "You can be right or you can be happy". Maybe I should have reminders of that around my house, so I won't irritate hubby! LOL @bookmeister86 I try not to dwell on things I cannot change, otherwise I tend to anger or misery, not good.

@Snowflake1968 Yes, hubby works weekday evenings while I work days. I don't mind (usually). I was single and lived on my own (no roommates) for 24 years before we married. I'm normally able to keep as busy, or not busy, as I want. I like my me time and I don't mind doing things by myself. Pre-pandemic, I occasionally met up with friends, but never weekly. I grew up the eldest of five kids, we were close in age, living in a not-large 3 bedroom house. It was a luxury to be alone then.

Recap 7/20 T ~ very warm & humid for dog walk, just sucks the energy out of me, but extra sleep really helped
    1) Walked dog 3.92 mi before work :sweat_smile: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks :mrgreen: 14/14 boom! 15.6K
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water :smiley: better than lately -86 & 13c
    4) 9:00 EHN update in Teams :) / GA-C/V review surveillance video :neutral: 4 hrs done, 3 to go / complete at least 1 F&D :neutral: researched 2, another 2 in progress / clear more emails :neutral: not worse
    5) Wash dishes :smiley: / one other ta-da :smiley: TA-DA!
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / VOLTAREN / Calm app before bed / 5:40 alarm (walk dog & submit JMIO results) = 5/6 Yay!

JFT 7/21 W which is garbage man treat day for doggo :smiley:
    1) Walked dog 4.05 mi before work & submitted screen shot for Just Move It Day at work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Make zucchini lemon muffins if time / 7:30 concert at St. James Park (remember bridge is again in service) / some ta-da?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / 6:45 alarm (planned rest day)

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • cschmitz110515
    After walking dog this morning, I got this message from MapMyWalk app. I'm going at a slower rate this year. Too many lazy or weather-related days, but also more x-training in 2021. Participating in my first IN PERSON 5K this Saturday, first time since Feb. 2020. Woohoo!

1rds1hxeujne.jpg
  • clicketykeys
    edited July 2021
    JFT Thursday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Check in on MFP. Check weather. Long run.
    2. Morning: Write blog post (lamp).
    3. Scrub 2 plates. Read Jacky! Write figurative language script.
    5. Afternoon: Choose orgs for donations? Check on plates. Read: 1 hr (Kingdom of Souls). Log reading on Goodreads. S&F script work: 1 hr.
    6. Evening: Clois. Dinner: Bibimbap? Update common room.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. 9 Round - check on free week.

Scale goals
    Today: 194.0

12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.

WFTY: Persistence. Bit of a whoosh today. Good exercise, but not much success with the writing. Tomorrow is another day!

@TerriRichardson112 - I got my run in yesterday, but I got a blister on my heel. So I ordered new running shoes and will be rotating my current shoes into rainy-day shoes and retiring my rainy-day shoes when my new shoes get here. I do always have a lot on my to-do list, but most of it is aspirational! XD so it just stays on there until it either becomes urgent or I have a slow day and take care of it or... I just decide it's not actually important! ;D