Replies

• victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,279 Member
    July 19, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, strength training
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes and ate more veggies
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Going "nuts" with nuts today? No (16 days-free )
    (I go "nuts" with nuts most times, trying to continue a good habit this month. Counting the number of "nuts" free days.)

Pass day 1/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,986 Member
    Ha ha yep yep i can tots relate @Mshawski i hve done that a billion times before as well. Ha ha!
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited July 2021
    @terririchardson112 @SummerSkier @lesdart and anyone else who has reached maintance its always great to hear wat habits u hve changed to get to and stay at maintaince.

@whatmerunning ohh i really need to get better at pre chopping my veggies! Ill start doing that this week, thanks!!!

@twistedsassette yep ill def call these habits and they are not easy to change either it takes a total shift in the way u think! So great work and well done! Toddler? Living in Aus and hve a home gym?? It appears we hve a bit in common! How old is ur munchkin?

@Mrs-Hoffer loving all those freggies and awesome work with the yoga and stretching daily too!

@snowshoe072 wow 5am now that's commitment!!!

@readyornot1234 excellent strategies!!

@victorious self talk is very important esp positive talk!! Most of us hve spent so many years beating ourselves up turning that around is essential!

@Rangerrickl yes and yes i agree with both. There are sum yummy low cal options out there! My faves are yopro yougurt, fibre one bars, pb2 peanut butter powder, cottage chesse, rice cakes and skinny cow ice cream!

@ashleycarole1986 awesome habits!

@MadisonMolly2017 wow ur soooo close!!!

@LazyBlondechef i wish i cld say food wasn't a prob 4 me too. Ha ha!! Ur a lucky duck! Lol!! Well done with the consistency around ur workouts!!

@selilidh saying no to ice cream is huge!!

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,023 Member
    @donna25trinity
    I have listed all the habits I changed on my post in the Introduction thread.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member

Also giving myself permission to hve a treat at night has made me feel less deprived and has made those fun foods/treats less of a big deal. I find now i dnt over indulge as i know tomz i can just hve another 1 instead of my old mentality of "I hve to eat the whole packet tonight cos ill be back on my diet tomorrow so i wont be allowed one for a really long time"
    Oh my goodness this is me exactly. So many issues here. I used to believe I HAD to stop snacking at night and once I “failed”, well it became a feeding frenzy. Now I’ve embraced my nighttime snack. I make myself wait until 9:00 and then eat something within calories. Or at least that’s the goal. I’m so much happier knowing I can have a snack at night. It’s like a little gift I give myself and for the most part, the out of control snacking is gone.
    [*] Weighing myself every day. In the past, when I weighed weekly, there were times when I'd see a gain on the scale that I couldn't understand. I'd been under my calories all week, I should have lost, right? By weighing daily, I sometimes see my weight dropping all week and then a sudden rise on "official" weigh in day - which helps me to figure out what causes me to retain water since I know for sure that it's not a fat gain. It's also taken the emotion out of the weighing in process, I'm not scared to see the number because I have a better idea of what to expect and it's just a normal part of my day, like brushing my teeth.
    You stated this perfectly and I am right there with you.

@WhatMeRunning - sorry the pf isn’t going away but glad you’re being proactive about treating it.
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,435 Member
    k19uatvaksgz.gif~ ~ ~Waving Hello~ ~ ~ 7/19/2021~ ~ ~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes ..................................... ✅ ... 130 + min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... Sure am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... Sure did

STEPS.......... 16,500 ......... 100 m Walking .... 30 m cleaning ....

Yep.... over did yesterday... woke up with foot hurting... so will use my Boot
    when doing walks ...Not time yet to get back to my 120 m. of walking a day

Documenting CONSISTANCY For personal ACCOUNTABILITY

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,410 Member
    February 10/3
    March 12/3
    April 10/3
    May 8/3
    June 6/3

3x yes

5/3
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Almost 40 minutes on Cubii.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

The key for me has been managing my habit of snacking out of boredom and/or emotional eating, especially on the weekend. The tracking requirement of UAC has really helped manage this.
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Exercise: Yes
    Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Nope
    5 fruit/veggie: Yes 🫐

Making sure I move some, I think it just keeps me in a better mindset. Allowing myself foods I enjoy and cutting down on ordering/ eating out (this month is the exception). Being mindful of portions.
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,533 Member
    @donna25trinity I didn't realise you were an Aussie! My little guy is 2.5, going on 21 I think! Mr. Independent and says the funniest things. I love watching him figure things out lol.
    Whereabouts in Aus are you? Hope you're not locked down. I'm in rural NSW, we're ok at the moment but it's getting closer every day.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    @WhatMeRunning 😱
    @victorious55 may have been the inspiration for "closing my kitchen" at 10 pm. I've done this habit for several weeks now and may even push it back to 9:30, then eventually 9.

Thank you to all for being such good behaviour models.

As for today (well, yesterday, but let us not split hairs)...

---|---|---|--
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? NO |
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? NO | Base
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES |
    ---|---|---|---

Personal Bonus: Did I meet my protein macro for the day (40%)? NO | 22%
    Pass Days Used: (JUL19)