Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    Good evening,

Raev - welcome and post when you can!

Heat temps are more enjoyable and easier to live with.

Work is completely bananas. Okay, more than usual.

Close to 5k steps and will see what I can do about getting 6k.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    5lakv23o8zaw.jpeg
    *** July 13th ***

Good morning all~~

I'm finished with all of the visiting of people and back in my apartment in NYC. Today and tomorrow will be appointments and packing up some stuff to take south.

I did not get on the scale this morning. I'll leave that for tomorrow, maybe.

Being here is very depressing; too many good and bad memories and reminders of how much I have yet to get done. One day at a time, right?

Lana
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    5lakv23o8zaw.jpeg
    *** July 13th ***

Being here is very depressing; too many good and bad memories and reminders of how much I have yet to get done. One day at a time, right?

Lana

You got this, Lana!

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello!
    I agree - you got this Lana!
    Not much new here. Also not stepping on scale...will do that after I get rid of crutches and then start my goals again.
    Waves to all.
    Raev - welcome. Keep on keeping on. One day at a time - you also got this!
    ~Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Lana sorry you have to meet some demons, but slay them and keep going.

Long day at work too much caffeine and sugar gave me one of those rotten headaches.

Tomorrow off but with any luck will have a productive day shopping.

Scale is at least not going up and I am grateful

• LanaCabana537
    ukqzb9eme0r6.jpeg
    *** July 14 ***

Hey there Sara and Tracy and LynnπŸ‘‹πŸ» You ladies are the best πŸ€—πŸ˜˜
    Tracy I hope that you are doing well~
    Sara - enjoy your day off!
    Lynn - I hope that your knee is improving steadily and that you are managing a bit better every day~

I got on the scale this morning, and I am glad to see that there's only a one-pound difference since the beginning of this escapade.

Waving to Missy and Maureen and Runa and Dawn and everyone else who may stop by later on~~

Lana

264.4 today
  • brennerjlb
    Good morning!
    Yay for the good feeling about the scale Lana!
    Humid day with some pretty good storms moving in this PM. Hoping no damaging ones.
    Have a great one - Waves to all. Hope everyone is doing great!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Went early and shopped for shoes with friend who was "kidnapped" for 4 hours. She enjoyed it and we will do it again as I found out she likes thrift stores.

Not very hot which is very appreciated. Until I went to eat lunch today scale was on a down ward trend. We shall see tomorrow and I got a battery for my pedometer.

Just got up from short nap, so drinking water/liquids and doing rest of my to do list.

Lana - hey you have been good on the scale and enjoying yourself - you deserve a medal!!

6qjcrylxu2qk.png
  • LanaCabana537
    zbp1b10ipx29.jpeg
    *** July 16th ***

Hey Y'all~~
    I couldn't post yesterday, as the internet was frozen.
    Today I'm waking up in a decent hotel with good internet. This is my last day of driving - I'll sleep in my own bed tonight.

Sara - I love thrift stores! It's nice that your friend made a good shopping partner πŸ‘πŸ»
    Lynn - when you can, we will take you shopping too! I hope that you are feeling a bit better (healing from the crutches-abuse!)

Waving to Tracy in Tennessee and Missy and Runa and Maureen and everyone else who stops by later on πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2021
    Good evening,

Friday and I am brain dead and feel like mush. Will just go to bed early.

I asked boss why there were 2 names on the cubicles and was told it was "not her project and she had nothing to do with it" in the tone of a dragon breathing fire.....

Had to stop post -

Young coworker called - I had a going away present for her and she was in my area. Her plans time wise got messed up compliments of her now former boss. She is the free spirit and loves hummingbirds so I got her a small necklace hummingbird pendant. Easy to pack!! She is moving the Bay Area and her new chapter.

Also bought a faith based inspirational book for another lady at work who goes to church. She is depressed as a younger sibling died and it worries her she is next. Thought is natural in the "who is next" but a kind distraction might be appreciated.

Didnt want to write and essay.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Saturday

A quick hello, I have 2 more rows on slippers and then I have to sew them up which I really dont like, but I want to get them done for church tomorrow.

Better eating on meals today which is encouraging.

• LanaCabana537
    kwt7s8fidk3g.jpeg
    *** July 18 ***

Good morning all~~

Wow - I totally missed getting here yesterday.

Hey Sara, on Friday you wrote "I asked boss why there were 2 names on the cubicles and was told it was "not her project and she had nothing to do with it" in the tone of a dragon breathing fire....."

Are there 2 names on all the cubicles? Are some of the names brand new? I'm curious to hear more about this as it unfolds.....

Lana

264.2 today
  • LanaCabana537
    pdsahpvyg5in.jpeg
    *** July 19 ***

Most days of the week I have scrambled eggs for breakfast, made with a generous amount of butter. That's how my mother made them, and it reminds me of her.

But I'm thinking I'll make a batch of hard-boiled eggs today, and have them for breakfast some of the times, as my normal-weight sister does.

Waving to all who stop by later on~~

Lana

263.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    good evening,

Lana!! Glad you are doing well.

My boss was overruled by the director of our department and people are coming in on the weekend to work on the bills that have been generated by COVID vaccine administration. Sorry the last couple of weeks have just been so exhausting that complicated sentences almost hurt. What that means is that someone will have to come in part of the weekend to assist..... (no no not me) and so things are rather heated verbally.

This is a double dose - double scoop of confusion this week as the deadline between the company I work for and Blue Cross are at a stale mate and people with certain insurance policies are facing immediate termination from the medical group because they have Blue Cross. This "happens" tomorrow and I am one of the people who answer the phones from clinics wanting an update.

No stress from work. Nah!!!! Add the new software programs with all new codes and zero training. Phones calls are breaking records at work. I have only had one person hang up on me so far which for me is fine as I could not understand her and she "knew everything".

My change in culinary calories is to buy decaf instant coffee and not use the coffee at work - it doesnt kill my stomach and I only use dry milk and no sugar ( I have been putting 2-3 teaspoons in at the end of the day).

Monday is done. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    e8q8aksv9ys2.jpeg
    *** July 20 ***

Good morning All~~

Sara - Thank you for the details. When work is overwhelming, it helps to not look at the big picture. Just take one phone call/client at a time, and do your best to help that person. Rinse, repeat.
    I am very glad for you that you have your Wednesdays off, so that you have to do the steeplechase race only two long days in a row, and then get a break. Big hugs πŸ€—

Hey Tracy πŸ‘‹πŸ» - How are you doing? Are you in your new work position? How is it all going?

Lynn - How are you feeling?

Maureen - How are you doing in Charlotte?

Waving to Missy in Rhode Island and Runa in Oklahoma and anyone else who stops by later on πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Lana

264.8 today
    271.2 highest ever
    237.0 Thanksgiving goal
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Good morning, Cabana Crew,

Easing into my new position. Was in the plant every day last week and probably will be for a while until I get the rhythm down and know which days can be done from home. Quite honestly, though, morale improves if someone sits at the front desk.

Will keep you posted, but so far, so good!

Tracy in Tennessee
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Came home and fell asleep. Dinner is half over. Tomorrow a nice lady gives me a pedicure and I will help make dinners for people at church.

If someone on the phone at work asks where I got my list of "x" I offer to send them a copy. I do not work for the FBI and this is company information. If someone wants to help themselves I wont stop them. This lowers the amount of "easy" calls we will get but hey why not help those who want to help themselves.

This weeks pair of slippers is a red and a white (not stark white but not beige). Will donate the slippers to the Craft fair in Nov at Church.

I may be better off sleeping in tomorrow. Need to recharge the batteries.

• LanaCabana537
    r4vv89ovf2yh.jpeg
    *** July 21 ***

Good morning β˜€οΈ

Tracy - do I infer correctly that it is you and your smiling face that is at the desk improving morale??
    Is your work a long drive from your home?

Sara - get your rest and enjoy your pedicure. You are a very good soul for helping with the dinners at the church.
    - - -
    I hope for myself to get some good news today. The struggle continues for me and my accountant to get through on the phone to the IRS to find out what the heck has gone wrong with my receiving my tax return refund (from a return filed last October). It is a sizable amount, and I need it!

The IRS is such a wreck, I don't know how they exist. Two months ago, we were on the phone with 3 different agents, for 1 hr 40 minutes, with the end result of "call back in 30 days".
    It's a forehead slapper.

BBL

Lana

264.0 today
    271.2 highest ever
    237.0 Thanksgiving goal
  • brennerjlb
    Good morning!
    Lana - IRS....yuck. that is so frustrating- it is your money and they can just put you off for 30 days? Imagine if the rest of us would do that at our jobs!
    Sara - I am sorry our work is so stressful. That is not fun. Keep yourself in balance. Stress is bad and to be honest...work is not worth it :wink:
    Tracey- glad the job is going well! That is exciting!
    My update- I am officially walking, well gimping along! Crutches and brace were thrown to the side on Monday afternoon. My calves and back hurt from the weight shift and limping and bad posture from this whole thing! But slowly but surely I will increase strength and get back to a normal gait. Can only bend 90 degrees. Need to increase that and Dr. has some good goals for me to do that :neutral: Not liking PT, but I know it is good for me.
    Will step on scale again. I took it away during this entire thing. Had enough stress.
    Waves to all! Hope your Wednesday is a great one!
    ~Lynn
  • LanaCabana537

Hi Lynn~~

So glad to hear that you are officially walking. The brace went at the same time as the crutches? Wow~

I bet you are a hurting mess, exactly as you said. Sorry PT is not a happy time. Hopefully that will change. This week may be rough, but maybe by the weekend and certainly next week you will be feeling a bit better/stronger/in less discomfort.

Leave the scale in the closet for now. As you said - you have enough stress.

Do you like fresh fruit? It's summertime and the cherries and peaches and such are pretty yummy now......you know, to put on your ice cream! πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
    Big hugs πŸ€—
    Lana