Replies

• BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    My favorite little nook at the air b&b. Even with the cheesy sign.😂
    083gk8wl9tek.jpeg

I see why it's your fave nook. Love those old, multi-purpose pieces. Things were made so sturdily & they easily lasted for generations. Wish I had a house so I could do all sorts of painting projects... I love to refinish & reupholster furniture. Looks like there's a writing desk on the right, as well & they even have an old iron you put on the stove to heat. Have a restful time at your AB&B!

For me... uh, I'm watching an alligator float down the canal from the comfort of my living room. He's a small one... 10' maybe. I've seen Schwartzen-gators... 20' long from giantly monstrous head to tail. I can't get a decent pic through the screen, so, you'll just have to take my word for it. Yep, I could step outside the door, but... I'm afraid he'll see me & alert the others that lunch is strolling nearby.

giphy.gif

Left now. But yes, the right was a secretary. Complete with a couple of pairs of old readers, a pencil and a church cookbook. With writing of what pages certain recipes where found in the front. It’s my guess that the people who own it, it used to be their mothers. And they didn’t want to get rid of it. So they fixed it up and rent it out. Just my guess. My middle guy heard a lot of noises the first night too.🤷🏻‍♀️

My mum used to collect old cookbooks from 2nd hand stores & sometimes there would be handwritten recipes inside. They were so old, they wouldn't always contain amounts, just a list of ingredients, or say add xx to taste & would list oleo as an ingredient. Sometimes, a recipe didn't even list temp or time to bake... just bake until done or if a cake, bake until spongy to touch or an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

One of my sisters lives in PA in a 200-yr old home & used to hear the sound of someone walking up the stairs... her bedroom had a set of stairs behind a door, leading to the cellar. The house was so old, the cellar had a dirt floor, low ceiling so you had to crouch down when inside & no lighting. She asked her husband to open the door to see what was behind it, then board it up, since they weren't going to use the cellar for anything. He just locked the door with a skeleton key & told her he had boarded it up.

Once he opened that door, the activity increased so that everyday (after 3am), there were the sounds of footsteps & her 4 kids (all under 10 at that time) started to ask about the old man with the cane & the small boy with him. The kids weren't scared & told her the old man was walking the boy to school. That alleviated most of her fears & she just lived with it for about 5-yrs. One day, the noises just stopped & only on rare occasion does she hear footsteps. We used to wonder if the old man came around, since her kids were all the same age as the young boy he was walking to school.

Here’s a little update I couldn’t help but sharing. So sweet.💗
    chhabu0nahcz.jpeg
    Maybe my 13 yr old did hear something.

Yes, it could be. I always look for the obvious, but sometimes, there isn't anything obvious.

Such a nice note, thx for sharing.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    1uucodqbprwu.png
    zw74xfykc86m.png

Dare I say this worked? IF it did, these were taken from up my hill a couple days ago walking one of my pups.
    OMG I did it! Thanks to @RAinWA!

Oh you all are going to be sorry now. :)

This looks like a picture postcard.. beautiful Reenie 😍
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    1uucodqbprwu.png
    zw74xfykc86m.png

Dare I say this worked? IF it did, these were taken from up my hill a couple days ago walking one of my pups.
    OMG I did it! Thanks to @RAinWA!

Oh you all are going to be sorry now. :)

I lived in Carmel, IN for 1-yr & this is what it looked like 5-min out of the city. So beautiful.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    2Racks wrote: »
    f1pcgrwgfhkg.jpeg
    This view will never get old 🙂

I can see our hot tub 😃😂

Looks spectacular.. 🙂
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    ulk8scqrfqqt.jpeg
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    tmanfive wrote: »
    For you, Ms. @ReenieHJ, a nearly full moon. 🙂

7u2gvk680ozs.jpeg

Where's the other one?

:p Thank you TMan, for my first chuckle of the day.
  • Masyn88
    Masyn88 Posts: 1,650 Member
    fmcsqd6smprr.jpeg

3gjfsnjdao4s.jpeg

I don’t like heights but maintenance don’t wait for a dude to grow sone intestinal fortitude. Bow up, boys. It’s not the fall, it’s the sudden stop. That’s what I tell myself at least.

Good on ya for pushing past your discomforts- keep your tie offs tight buddy! Whats up with the cute lil John Deere tractor though?
  • Masyn88
    Masyn88 Posts: 1,650 Member
    My view? My messy bedroom! Thats what happens when you don't put anything away after 10 loads of laundry. 😆 Too bad wee miss is wanting cuddles and I'm "stuck" in bed with her!😉😅4fyaau1fttsr.jpg
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Masyn88 wrote: »
    How could I possibly put her down?!? 😉
    jtokgblnytfu.jpg

OMG cutest baby evah! I've been seriously missing baby smells and cuddles lately. :( So so sweet <3
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    edited July 2021
    fmcsqd6smprr.jpeg

3gjfsnjdao4s.jpeg

I don’t like heights but maintenance don’t wait for a dude to grow sone intestinal fortitude. Bow up, boys. It’s not the fall, it’s the sudden stop. That’s what I tell myself at least.

Good on ya for pushing past your discomforts- keep your tie offs tight buddy! Whats up with the cute lil John Deere tractor though?

Tie offs? I don’t use no tie offs. PPE is for the weak and feeble 😂

That’s my big green tractor… weathervane. 🤙🏼
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    fmcsqd6smprr.jpeg

3gjfsnjdao4s.jpeg

Tie offs? I don’t use no tie offs. PPE is for the weak and feeble 😂

🤙🏼

Until you step into a pile of buzzard poop, and miss the pool on the way down.
  • Doug_T
    Doug_T Posts: 148 Member
    just got home from a work out got dressed now dreading work. Procrastination win.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Hazy weather
    1jo6svwwjksc.jpg
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    edited July 2021
    A sunset for all y’all non-morning types.

spv67rgzmsw8.jpeg

3gw1y1j699lz.jpeg