Is there any way of tracking the amount of nutrients like Zinc, Copper and other Vitamins?

I came from a similar app that lacked a few features this one has (mainly exercise related), however I notices this app does not count this small things like salt, copper, zink, vitamin b1, b3, b5, e... Is there any way of counting that? Is that maybe a premium feature?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I came from a similar app that lacked a few features this one has (mainly exercise related), however I notices this app does not count this small things like salt, copper, zink, vitamin b1, b3, b5, e... Is there any way of counting that? Is that maybe a premium feature?

The database is crowdsourced by users and nutritional information is entered from food labels and other sources. Many micro-nutrients aren't required on food labels so they would never make it into the database. In other cases, many users only enter calories and macro-nutrients.

Using MFP to track micro-nutrients isn't really viable...and no, it doesn't have anything to do with premium. Premium utilizes the same exact crowdsourced database.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,281 Member
    Not sure if it's a premium feature, but you can definitely track sodium here
    I have to keep to a very low sodium diet so its something I pay close attention to.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,105 Member
    I have to keep to a very low sodium diet so its something I pay close attention to.

It's not a premium feature, everyone can track sodium.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,281 Member
    Lietchi wrote: »

It's not a premium feature, everyone can track sodium.

Thanks. Good to know.
  • Kelly4374
    Kelly4374 Posts: 16 Member
    Cronometer. Com for tracking nutrients . Sometimes good to check if you're thinking you're lacking something