Calling Moms for Accountability!

AmbrrrB22
AmbrrrB22 Posts: 18 Member
I just had my second baby in 2 years. I was pretty active on here before my first baby, and things were going well.

Here I am, starting again, 30 lbs heavier and struggling to lose the baby weight. I'm feeling very insecure about my mom bod, and I'm looking for some other moms to be accountability friends here, people who may be struggling with similar issues.

Please send me a friend request if interested!

Replies

• Nischala82
    Nischala82 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi there ,
    I would like to be your accountability frnd . Just send you a message. Looking to lose 40-50 lbs by next summer
  • spicyjess
    spicyjess Posts: 12 Member
    Hi :smile:

Mom to one preteen and four furbabies lol. I'm aiming to lose about 50lbs
  • CycleMomOf3
    CycleMomOf3 Posts: 336 Member
    I'm a mom of 3 kiddos (8yo, 8yo, and 5yo). Lost weight before the twins and got to goal weight. Gained a tiny bit with twins, lost it all almost immediately. Gained a ton with the littlest one and afterwards, and just never really lost it again, so trying to get back to that goal weight again.
  • adrianna_c
    adrianna_c Posts: 58 Member
    Mom of 3. My fitness level is pretty good as far as what I would like for my cardio and strength ability, but just looking to get my nutrition under control to finally ditch that 5-10 lb layer of fat.
  • nixibexi
    nixibexi Posts: 2 Member
    Hey, I've got 3 kids, oldest almost 13 youngest 3. I've got about 50 lbs to lose. I'm not new to mfp just a new account.
  • kk08095060
    kk08095060 Posts: 14 Member
    I’ve got two under two and am down 13 pounds since the initial weightloss with delivery. I have about 10 pounds left to go!
  • Katerr1kk
    Katerr1kk Posts: 81 Member
    Mum of 3 here, would love some new friends! I've lost 45lb, have 10lb left to go.
  • Nischala82
    Starting my daily 5K walks from 2 days and logging in on mfp ( though not restricting myself yet ) for a week now . I think im down 3 lbs.. !!
  • Nischala82
    Thanks AmbrrrB22 and kk080 for adding me .
    Kate - can you share your journey . 45 lbs is incredible. Would love to lose that much .
  • tbratz
    tbratz Posts: 9 Member
    Hey mamas!! I'd love some friends as well for inspiration. I'm so over counting points with ww. Back to mfp hoping it's a bit easier. I've got a 5, 3 and twin 1.5 year olds. Done with kids, time to get my body back :)
  • poshpiggy
    poshpiggy Posts: 6 Member
    Hi I am in the same boat! 2 yr old and 2 month old and starting from scratch agAin - lost the baby weight but gotta tackle the covid weight and 1st baby gains! initial goal of 15kg (~40 lb) to lose!
  • siobhank6079
    siobhank6079 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, would love some fellow mum friends. Mum of 2, 35 years old, looking to lose around 3 stone x
  • BambooBrain
    BambooBrain Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2021
    I'm a 34 year old mother of a 2 year old, struggling to lose the 30lb baby weight plus the extra 40 I had to lose before her. Would love some accountability friends
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Hi! I'm happy to accept any friend requests from other moms. :) I'm 34 and have five kids, ages 10 to 1, and since February I'm about halfway to my weight loss goal of about 65-70 lbs (final number TBD). I post here more than on my feed but am happy to offer encouragement!
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Hi, I am a mom of 2 as well. A 5 year old and an almost 3 month old. I still have 20 lbs to get to my pre-pregnancy weight, and another 10 lbs to get to my goal weight so 30 lbs total. I would like to get to there by her 1st birthday. Definitely know how you feel with the mom bod. Most of my clothes are too tight but I don't want to wear my maternity clothes anymore and I don't want to buy a bunch of bigger clothes just for them to only fit for a couple months.
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Hi, I am a mom of 2 as well. A 5 year old and an almost 3 month old. I still have 20 lbs to get to my pre-pregnancy weight, and another 10 lbs to get to my goal weight so 30 lbs total. I would like to get to there by her 1st birthday. Definitely know how you feel with the mom bod. Most of my clothes are too tight but I don't want to wear my maternity clothes anymore and I don't want to buy a bunch of bigger clothes just for them to only fit for a couple months.

One trick I use for the changeover between maternity and regular clothing is to wear styles that can accommodate different sizes. I'm partway to goal right now, and have gotten rid of most of my bigger things, but I still have a lot that fits and I can deal with it being a little looser than I'd like until I'm at goal weight. Empire waists are the postpartum mom's best friend (I love faux wrap style dresses in particular because I can use them for nursing too and they can be dressed up or down.)

Aside from a few specifically-maternity shirts and a pair of full panel maternity jeans (because they're just SO COMFY), I actually don't wear many specifically-intended-for-maternity clothes anymore. If you think you might have another baby sometime, it might make sense at goal weight to pick clothes that will work for you for both, plus nursing too if that's something you do.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member

One trick I use for the changeover between maternity and regular clothing is to wear styles that can accommodate different sizes. I'm partway to goal right now, and have gotten rid of most of my bigger things, but I still have a lot that fits and I can deal with it being a little looser than I'd like until I'm at goal weight. Empire waists are the postpartum mom's best friend (I love faux wrap style dresses in particular because I can use them for nursing too and they can be dressed up or down.)

Aside from a few specifically-maternity shirts and a pair of full panel maternity jeans (because they're just SO COMFY), I actually don't wear many specifically-intended-for-maternity clothes anymore. If you think you might have another baby sometime, it might make sense at goal weight to pick clothes that will work for you for both, plus nursing too if that's something you do.

I do still have some clothes from before I lost weight prior to my second baby, so I have some things that I can wear, but I will have a lot more options once I lose some weight. I am done having babies after this one, so I am DONE with maternity clothes. I am nursing, but found I'm not much of a fan of nursing tops. I prefer nursing bras with my normal tops. I've had a few instances where I forgot to cover back up with the shirt after feeding so I was walking around with my bra hanging out without realizing it. :D