What's on your mind?

Replies

• Nothing earth shattering, but I'm wondering if people use cash any longer? Since the pandemic, I haven't seen anyone use anything other than cards in stores. Will we ever return to bills & change?

I kinda hope not. As uneasy as all my monies being digital makes me, I hate having stuffs in my pockets. Especially change.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Lebron - being the first nba player to earn a billion- I remember when he was coming out of high school and got the big nike deal before ever playing an nba - I was like 23ish - thinking man that’s a lot of pressure for a kid hell even a grown man - but he’s lives up to the hype - love or hate him - he’s lives up to the hype -

Ok - so hit me with a rebuttal - and not oh he had to leave to get a championship- blah blah blah - I get so tired of hearing that - I’m any other profession we want to work with the best ppl - we are not loyal to our employers if someone has a better fit we take that chit and go amarite- I don’t get why ppl don’t assume athletes would do the same - cause the team definitely not loyal to them - fans are but teams as a business not at all - sometimes we let our fandom and emotions get in the way of practical thinking 🤷‍♂️
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    lx1x wrote: »
    Nothing earth shattering, but I'm wondering if people use cash any longer? Since the pandemic, I haven't seen anyone use anything other than cards in stores. Will we ever return to bills & change?

Have used cash multiple times.. even last year.
    mistwitch wrote: »
    Nothing earth shattering, but I'm wondering if people use cash any longer? Since the pandemic, I haven't seen anyone use anything other than cards in stores. Will we ever return to bills & change?

a restaurant near me only accepts cash

I use cash quite often

The cheese stands alone. :smile:

giphy.gif
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Lebron - being the first nba player to earn a billion- I remember when he was coming out of high school and got the big nike deal before ever playing an nba - I was like 23ish - thinking man that’s a lot of pressure for a kid hell even a grown man - but he’s lives up to the hype - love or hate him - he’s lives up to the hype -

Ok - so hit me with a rebuttal - and not oh he had to leave to get a championship- blah blah blah - I get so tired of hearing that - I’m any other profession we want to work with the best ppl - we are not loyal to our employers if someone has a better fit we take that chit and go amarite- I don’t get why ppl don’t assume athletes would do the same - cause the team definitely not loyal to them - fans are but teams as a business not at all - sometimes we let our fandom and emotions get in the way of practical thinking 🤷‍♂️

I tend to agree with your original post. I think the issue is when people try to compare him to MJ -- completely different players with very different mindsets (from what I can tell). But that's the comparison that gets made and people hide behind the "he's not MJ" argument.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member

I kinda hope not. As uneasy as all my monies being digital makes me, I hate having stuffs in my pockets. Especially change.

I like the convenience of cash, especially for things like tips... but change is just an annoyance.
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member

Admit it, you cut the pockets out of all your pants for easy access....
  • JessD9031 wrote: »

Busted. But I'm also not ashamed so I'll just drop em if I need to.
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 wrote: »

xjjz6dmmvwu1.gif

I'm pretty sure we would probably need that magnifying glass.....
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,431 Member

I use cash rarely but the last year or so when I do, I tell them to keep the coins.
    I don’t want the nasty, dirty coins.
  • JessD9031 wrote: »
    JessD9031 wrote: »

xjjz6dmmvwu1.gif

I'm pretty sure we would probably need that magnifying glass.....

it does help
  • cowsfan12
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

I tend to agree with your original post. I think the issue is when people try to compare him to MJ -- completely different players with very different mindsets (from what I can tell). But that's the comparison that gets made and people hide behind the "he's not MJ" argument.

Yeah - different players different games - I would argue their mindset is similar though - but lebron compares more to magic than Jordan - Kobe modeled his game completely after MJ and was the closest to MJ in my opinion- however lebron is the best basketball player of his generation and it’s not close
  • JessD9031

I use cash rarely but the last year or so when I do, I tell them to keep the coins.
    I don’t want the nasty, dirty coins.

Please email me all your dirty, nasty coins, and thank you.
  • Lady_ovthe_lakes
    Lady_ovthe_lakes Posts: 74 Member
    The pain the pain and how to overcome it.. mind over matter 🧘🏻‍♀️
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,612 Member
    mistwitch wrote: »
    I need food before I mow the lawn...but I have no foods 😕

It’s a sign that no work shall be done today

Thank you. I took your advice. My yard is looking burly.
  • PAWGliacci
    PAWGliacci Posts: 346 Member
    still can't believe those dalmatians killed her mom like that
  • cowsfan12
    PAWGliacci wrote: »
    still can't believe those dalmatians killed her mom like that

Spoiler alert ??
  • cowsfan12

I see you 👀😉
  • cowsfan12 wrote: »

I see you 👀😉

In all the conversations over LBJ and MJ no one ever mentions magic. In my opinion he was hands down the best ever. Dude even came out of retirement and beat AIDS.
  • cowsfan12

I see you 👀😉

In all the conversations over LBJ and MJ no one ever mentions magic. In my opinion he was hands down the best ever. Dude even came out of retirement and beat AIDS.

Agreed- I posted earlier I compare him more to magic and Kobe to MJ 🤷‍♂️ -