What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• guillemros
    guillemros Posts: 1 Member
    Today I did a 5x5 workout from Hevy!

https://www.hevyapp.com/5x5-workout/
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    A cardio intensive bootcamp workout. Evening got to get some abs workout for a challenge and badminton practice for a tournament...
  • KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    Easy 6 mile run (recovery power zone 1) this morning and an easy 40 mins indoor cycle on Zwift. A really good day all round.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    yoga...
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Increasing training stress over the next 6-7 weeks during the last build block. Increasing run volume and doing some speed work during this time.

Today's run was a 72 minute Fartlek progression. 10min warmup jog, then increasing rounds of X minutes @threshold with 1minute ez pace recovery between rounds. Progression was 2x's @ 3min "on":1min "off" , 2@ 4:1; 2@ 5:1; 2@ 6:1, 1@ 8:1; 10 minute cooldown.

Tried to negative split the second half intervals, so this was a challenging run.

Bike and swim tomorrow.

• Djproulx
    KevHex wrote: »
    Easy 6 mile run (recovery power zone 1) this morning and an easy 40 mins indoor cycle on Zwift. A really good day all round.

Nice!
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    I just started swimming a few weeks ago. While I don't have everything down as far as proper form yet, so I'm slow, but enjoying every minute. I swam 30 laps today (I count a lap as one way). I mix it up between using the float board and crawl and freestyle strokes. It takes me about 50 minutes. Improving every time. Woohoo!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2021
    Super easy day. 6K on the rowing machine. Easy-ish paced. Have golf league tonight if it doesn't rain and I've been horrid the last couple of weeks. I'm partnered up as a sub with my daughter's partner, who is like a 4 handicap (legit, though 99% of the people in the league cheat like no tomorrow!).

Hoping I can get back to mid 40s for 9 holes, which for me, is good for now. Last week I shot like a 56. Nothing worked. Driving, fairway irons, chipping, putting -- it was all pretty much consistently bad!
  • Djproulx
    coblujay wrote: »
    I just started swimming a few weeks ago. While I don't have everything down as far as proper form yet, so I'm slow, but enjoying every minute. I swam 30 laps today (I count a lap as one way). I mix it up between using the float board and crawl and freestyle strokes. It takes me about 50 minutes. Improving every time. Woohoo!

That's terrific! Swimming is a great total body workout.

Working on proper form first is a smart way to do it. Speed and endurance will come as your form improves.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    23.7 mile easy pace bike ride, paved trails and a little bit of road.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    Tuesday
    I worked until 3.30 a.m. due to a slightly bonkers work deadline. I managed a 10 mile walk after dinner, so it wasn't a complete write off for exercise

Wednesday
    I lifted over lunch, doing:
    Overhead press, 35 kgs, 3 sets of 5
    Bench, 2 sets of 5 and 1 of 10, 55 kgs

Thursday
    My first work meeting was at 7.30 a.m.; I finished at around 8 p.m.. So I left it too late to go to a climbing gym. So I had a climb on my garden wall. It was my first time on it for ages. It was good fun, I managed an hour. (The woody is more intense than gyms, to long sessions are harder to achieve.) It took a while to get used to it, but once I was warmed up I was in OK form.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    Yoga
    Sun Salutations (10-30m)

Strength: Static Holds
    Hollow Body - 60-48-36-24-12s (3m)
    Handstand Wall - 60-48-36-24-12s (3m)
    Hang - 60-48-36-24-12s (3m)
    Dip - 60-48-36-24-12s (3m)
    Jumprope 100-200-300-400-500sk (1500sk)
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Morning run - just over 4 miles. Abs workout in the evening.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    I am going paddleboarding in just a few minutes. I will either have the time of my life or die. Pretty sure it'll be the former :P
  • Djproulx
    Yesterday: 1hr on the bike trainer - Cadence ladders and some simple endurance. Swim was 2600yds, including 4 x500's.

Today: Perfect conditions for the long ride. Sunny and low humidity. Four of us went out for 3:45:00 (55miles) doing the "Three Dam Tour" of local reservoirs. Plenty of climbing on the way out, but fast conditions on the return ride. Followed the ride with a 30 minute run.
    This is Saville Dam. hchs647xeaf0.jpg

• AnnPT77
    6.9k rowing the quad with a fun line-up: A former Big 10 champion rower in stroke, a recent-graduate former collegiate varsity coxswain who's a great rower in 2 seat, my rowing buddy J. in 3 seat, and me in bow.

It was really too steamy for high intensity (close to 90% humidity first thing); despite that, we did some intervals, 7.5 x (10 hard strokes, 10 moderate strokes), in honor of J.'s 75th birthday today, then went out for brunch and beer to celebrate.
  • CycleMomOf3
    CycleMomOf3 Posts: 336 Member
    2.5 hours kayaking. 3 miles upstream and 3 miles downstream. 💪🚣🌳🗻🙂
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Yep. Time of my life. Good workout but also must fun I've had doing anything except maybe horseback riding and it's close.
  • AnnPT77
    2.5 hours kayaking. 3 miles upstream and 3 miles downstream. 💪🚣🌳🗻🙂

Human powered boats are good. Really good. I might be prejudiced. 😉
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited July 2021
    I lifted, doing:
    15 minutes jump rope as a warm-up. I find this hard work.
    Hangboarding.
    Squat, 3 sets of 5, 85 kgs
    Deadlift, 2 sets of 7, 110 kgs.