WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,432 Member
    Thanks ladies💖
    Lee got up early so he could help son. They organized his ribbons a bit on his whites. 1400 is his Chief's Mast. The scary thing is worse case scenario, they bust him down to 3rd Class, then he has more years in the Navy to be that rank. So he would have to separate from the Navy. No retirement, just out. A civilian job won't bring in the same amount of money to pay for his portion of rent and bills, so we would all be moving. Scary! I just hope the higher ups that didnt wear masks either won't just throw these sailors under the bus. Just trying to think positive that things will work out, it will get dismissed. 🍀👍
    Today I did not exercise.
    Rebecca
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Rebecca- praying for a good outcome..
    My DD cant catch a break.. she got a letter from her OB saying they dont do payment plans and that she will owe them $6000.00 when she has the baby ,so now she is freaking out..told her first of all calm down and call her insurance company and explain the situation.. her insurance renews in October and she has a 6000.00 deductible.. if it is through the hospital yes they can make payments monthly..i also asked what she was going to do for care after baby is born.. got no answer there.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    Good day. Nice to chat with my friends again on Zoom and even to hear my difficult friend's saga of how stressful it was to get home from France. :p
    Temperature bearable in the house and I've watched some inspiring videos.

I am hoping DH's journey home from cricket is easy. Sitting all day in the sun is not a great idea so I hope he found some shade. I gave him strict instructions to drink water. He left at 6.

Now 7 pages from the end of my edit. I actually wrote a new section this morning. :D

Hugs for those who need them. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,503 Member
    On our way home right now. Had some pool time.

KATLA- thanks for your donation!!!!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Margaret — DH recommends stick deodorant to reduce bee sting & wasp pain. It has helped him many times. 😘
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    👋😊
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    B)
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    Praying for your son, Rebecca.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,503 Member
    Home now
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,780 Member
    Katla--So happy to hear your microwave and oven are installed and working. Sounds like you are making good time on the baby blanket. I have made several this year for new babies and working on the last one for now and having trouble getting myself to work on it and the baby will be 2 months old the 7th of August. Then I have 2 christmas stockings to make for the 2 new grandbabies. Time is just flying by.

Rebecca--Sending prayers and good thoughts to your son. I hope they dismiss this and put it to rest.

Lisa--Glad you are feeling better. Levi is sure a cutie. Thanks for sharing.

Carol--Prayers said.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Will have to have someone show me how to knit a baby blanket..
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,928 Member

Debbie- does you Mom need to do this to supplement her income? It seems like a lot!
    Goldfish crackers are one of my favourite snacks.

Tracey in Edmonton

I don't know and right now, she doesn't even know if she will need it- They have always counted on it until last year and then the restaurants that buy from her were closed.
    She is just trying to figure things out right now.
    She is such a giving person that she would rather just give it all away to those who want it but she may not be able to. Same with the eggs- price of feed keeps going up so she needs to charge a little more but she hates to do that.

Debbie
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,041 Member
    Evelyn Happy Birthday :flowerforyou:

Carol prayer!
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    edited July 2021
    Will have to have someone show me how to knit a baby blanket..

Do you cross stich or embroider? My mother made embroidered baby quilts for each of my boys. They are very beautiful, and we used them a lot.

Something like this would be nice. And with the kits, I think the fabric comes pre quilted, so you just have to follow the pattern. (The ones my mother made were no where near this detailed!)
    gggo1jl25ovb.png
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,928 Member
    Evie -
    Happy birthday a day late, and well done on the bike!

Allie -

Glad you're getting it checked--you don't need another worry hanging over your head...

Karen -
    What a great picture! You can tell exactly who they are through those expressions, and it's impossible to believe they're that big! Gorgeous blonde locks make it the picture of childhood... and that bandaid on Olivia's knee is the topper on the whole image.

Penny -
    Well done to get your ounce-a-day average loss.

My incremental healing continues. For the last three nights, only woke up once each night and was able to go back to sleep each time - to the point that I was still in bed at Corey's alarm this morning, haven't done that in a while. Wish there was something I could point to and say, "that's what's helping," so I could keep doing that... but am trying to simply notice that I feel better and be grateful for that much.

Just wonderful to feel like I have a little energy and drive again. Didn't realize how still I was being until I started moving around again... I've lost three pounds so far this month, as well, as my appetite has been depressed by one or more of the drugs I take each day. I'm honestly not sure which one, I'm taking a handful of them right now.

Am going to get a few things done this morning, as that's still my most active time, and will drop in again later, most likely. Oh, I almost forgot! Levi sighting--Mama had just told him no...:
    pepl79gyj04i.jpg

LOVE the picture- so cute
    Glad you are slowly feeling better- pray that it continues
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,482 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, T’ai Chi, dogs to powerline, called R,
    Bonus: reconciled credit card statement, another hour combing Tumble.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, make whey lemon pie filling, follow up incorporate Doreen’s and Chief’s response and send out minutes, reconcile Medicare part B statements, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: drop off cookies, transcribe district volunteer forms, research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, Monday confer with Susan and Rhonda about interest for serving on next board, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Jump back July:
    22-find 3 things you feel hopeful about and write them down. 1. Joe’s positive attitude, 2. Joe’s healthy choices. 3. The possibility of going to the Skye Terrier Specialties and meeting Jinx’s breeder.

Oops, didn’t post yesterday, was too pooped from dog group.

Welcome @cantstopher! Congratulations for taking off those 50 lbs. Heightened cholesterol and pre-diabetes just don’t seem far, but I believe your commitment to increased exercise will help both.
    Heather “… my favorite day” :love: Congrats on the editing and additional writing.
    Viv fingers X’d for the Dr. Appt.
    Kylia “just plants” can mean a lot. Mama left Papa for a few days after he (accidentally) dug up a plant she’d brought home from her brother’s funeral.
    Lisa Oh that Levi! We call that “boo boo face.”
    KJ hope your kiddos heal soon. Love hearing about your “week”s. Do you put “warning letters” in Tim’s file? :laugh:
    Julie SMH at optician not testing for astigmatism, but hardly surprising considering her “manager.” So sorry you were subjected to such treatment. Will you review the shop on social media?
    Debbie sounds like your mom really needs more, consistent help than she’s geeting from the neighbors. Would she consider turning part of the garden into a 4H project next year? The kids could do the work, under her supervision, then sell and deliver to the restaurants, and split the proceeds with your mom payment for land rent and her expertise?
    Rita stunning California poppy in the New Mexico desert. Would you be sad to leave or are you ready for a change in scenery?
    Rebecca prayers said and sent. RHIP, so hard to understand. Is Athena fishing? Looks like she’s not so sure about that bait…
    Katla waiting on microwave and stove installer for over a month? However did you cook? So glad to hear new are installed!
    Allie fingers X’d for next Thursday’s neuroopthamologist appointment.
    Machka I’m a little jealous, I can do nothing without my glasses but sleep and shower.
    Tracey two years is a long time to suffer with no diagnostics tests. Good luck on the 5th! Thought the same thing about KJ’s monarch eggs… ;)
    Barbie “…gave myself a sticker…” Love it!
    Evelyn belated best birthday wishes! Loved Driving Miss Daisy, especially the scene where she let her driver know that since he knew his letters he could read enough to find the name she was looking for.
    Karen :love: the pic of Olivia and Phoenix!
    Penny what you said to Michele about time. Truth that!
    Kiz thank you so much for sharing your testing schedule and journey. How did you get your insulin tested?
    Margaret six wasp stings, owowowow. Wasps are one of those “whatever was God thinking…” things, like mosquitoes and poison oak.
    Carol prayers for your friend. Are there any churches in her area whose members volunteer to drive seniors to Dr. appts or the store?
    Annie so glad Henry took it calmly and the corgi was able to walk. It could all have been so very much worse.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: leaner/stronger/kinder than June.
    daily: sit with Joe: 21, weigh/wii: 20/0/0; steps>6701=5222, vits=19, log=21, CI<CO=19, CI<250<CO=19, Tumble=16, Shadow=17, mfp=20, outside=26, up hill=21, clean 10=7.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=. Wed:TC=3 PW=2. Thurs: Fri:TC=3. Sat:PW=3. rX x4=3.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/4: 140.7 7/11: 142.9 grr! 7/18: 141.8 7/25: 7/31:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=14 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW