July 22 Sign In

Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    here is something to read on the topic, if someone is interested :)
    https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/protein-shakes-for-newbies-what-to-buy-when-to-drink/
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited July 2021
    here is something to read on the topic, if someone is interested :)
    https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/protein-shakes-for-newbies-what-to-buy-when-to-drink/
    Thanks for sharing! That was full of great information.
    Thanks @WhatMeRunning, lots to think about there. I’ve been trying to remember the advice on exercise we get here in the UK, but I think it’s similar. It is shocking to think that so many people are so inactive – again, I don’t know the figure for the UK but I expect it’s not far adrift from your figures.
    My ideal weight is around 50 kg (110 lbs) and I aim for about 90g of protein averaged out over the week. I don’t do protein shakes or supplements except bars such as the Nature Valley. I have tried some more intense protein bars but I don’t find them very palatable and they are expensive. Now that I’m maintaining and my calories aren’t so restricted, I can have more proper food. I like the idea of keeping a bag of frozen prawns handy as someone (Terri?) recommended the other day.
    Nice goals! I am not a big fan of protein bars either (most people love them). I like the idea of keeping frozen prawns handy!

Congrats @donna25trinity @Winner_in_Life @SummerSkier @lesdarts180 on all having 3 x Yes days! Way to go!
  • JennyRebecca1978
    JennyRebecca1978 Posts: 68 Member
    July 22:

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. A 1-hour walk, and I went to the part of the neighborhood that has hills!
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

@WhatMeRunning - Thank you for such dedication to your content creation today! Wow!

While I have been tracking/logging my food intake, I have only been paying close attention to the calories. I get a good balance of protein - regular, alternating intake of red meat, chicken, fish, peanut butter, milk, and cheese. But, I probably do not get enough - a new goal to enhance my tracking. I agree with @TwistedSassette that when I eat less protein, I am hungrier and end up eating more. The problem is, I never crave protein. I always crave carbs!